Malcolm Ebiowei / signs for Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

Looks like lite version of Adama Traore. Do we really need another youngster on the wing?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Anyone else get Sammy Ameobi vibes? Looks skilful, but just never looks to have control of his limbs.

Would be a smart pick up considering he's free, we need depth and hungry players.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
If his name was Malcom Ebisinho and he was at Santos in Brazil, those doubting him would be screaming sign him up. He is a big talent and at 19 already has solid game time in a tough league and shown his ability, Can play down the left and down the middle, electrifying and skillful, end product needs work but then again he is 19 and has all the raw skills, just needs fine tuning. Would love for us to sign him. Trust me if Palace sign him, we will be paying 50m in a few seasons for him. So sign him now on a free instead.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Where does he play on the RW? What about Pellestri and Amad?

Cassidy

What about them?

If those 2 had no United connection, would you want United to sign these guys as a RW based on their performances you've seen? They've got a lot to prove.
So we should sign yet another project who isn’t going to play?

Cassidy

All I'm saying is we shouldn't turn our heads because of Pellistri and Amad, they've shown nothing in senior football. If Ebiowei has a good loan spell he's already ahead of the 2 you mentioned.
We should focus on players who can play in the first 11. We have enough young wide players in our ranks and in the u23s too

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We should focus on players who can play in the first 11. We have enough young wide players in our ranks and in the u23s too
Signing Ebiowei doesn't mean we won't sign players for the first 11. There's one thing to have enough in quantity, but whether there's enough quality is a different argument. Not sure what you've seen from Amad or Pellestri to suggest they are first 11 material.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So we should sign yet another project who isn’t going to play?
Yes, we should sign young players when "good ones" are available. Amad and Pellisrti might become good players or might end up in lower league. That shouldn't stop us from signing other young players.

They all go out on loan anyways.

Cassidy

Signing Ebiowei doesn't mean we won't sign players for the first 11. There's one thing to have enough in quantity, but whether there's enough quality is a different argument. Not sure what you've seen from Amad or Pellestri to suggest they are first 11 material.
Garnacho and Elanga?

captaincantona

What about them?

If those 2 had no United connection, would you want United to sign these guys as a RW based on their performances you've seen on loan? They've got a lot to prove.
What’s that got to do with anything? Point is we bought players of a similar profile and you can throw James and Zaha in with those as well...young , talented, tricky wingers...all ended up being ignored and having their development stunted and got sent on loans that didn’t work out or were sold. This means- we are shit at signing and developing youth. Perhaps ETH can give these players the type of structure and clear instruction that allows them to contribute. To date we haven’t managed that.

Becks00

We need a cheap option to cover Ronaldo for next season and apparently he can also play through the middle. I still want Antony for RW though and I hope we are able to shift Martial for that to happen.

Andrew7582

He'll spend the next 2/3 years out on loan at various places so don't really care.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What’s that got to do with anything? Point is we bought players of a similar profile and you can throw James and Zaha in with those as well...young , talented, tricky wingers...all ended up being ignored and having their development stunted and got sent on loans that didn’t work out or were sold. This means- we are shit at signing and developing youth.
We signed players at their peak, veteran players and they flopped too.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's extremely talented and would come on a free, what is the issue?

Cassidy

And you can say with certainty that they are first XI calibre players and the club shouldn't sign anyone here after?
Thats not what I am saying at all. We seem to be collecting young wide players we are overstocked. Will we be able to shift them? Thats my issue

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What’s that got to do with anything? Point is we bought players of a similar profile and you can throw James and Zaha in with those as well...young , talented, tricky wingers...all ended up being ignored and having their development stunted and got sent on loans that didn’t work out or were sold. This means- we are shit at signing and developing youth. Perhaps ETH can give these players the type of structure and clear instruction that allows them to contribute. To date we haven’t managed that.
I put that to management more than anything. Moyes's treatment of Zaha was bizarre. James never had potential to be an elite winger, we knew that when getting him he was more of a grafter than a skilful winger. I have higher expectations for Ten Hag.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Not gonna lie… I’ve never seen this guy play. What’s he like? What sided winger is he? Is he worth even buying considering we have Amad and pellestri who are young wingers we’ve just signed.

Kramer

I don’t mean to be negative, but how “hard” do you need to work when you’re signing someone on a free who is reportedly ‘keen to come”.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don’t mean to be negative, but how “hard” do you need to work when you’re signing someone on a free who is reportedly ‘keen to come”.
It's a valid question, but I imagine it will be down to some assurances of the plans for him - ie how much game time if he's coming into the first team? or is he going straight out on loan. We'll probably be competing with teams that offer him more assurances or a better pathway straight to first team football.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’d imagine half the PL is after him. Free transfer who impressed at 18 in the championship - Derby’s best player the 3 times I watched them towards the end of the season standing out each time and he has the tangibles to be a top player. He’ll need convincing we have a clear development plan for him.

Xaviboy

Just seen clips on YT of him and kid looks class, very skilful and quick.

Same was said about Amad. Chap was beating people for fun in clips and even in his training with Atalanta 1st team he was taking piss beating players but we all know its the step up to 1st team at Man Utd is different and its making the right decisions on the pitch.

That said this kid does look good.

tidraKS

I’d switch him to a permanent CF role, doesn’t seem to be that quick for a RW, but he looks strong and could be a great forward.

El Jefe

My opinion counts for very little, maybe even nothing as I've only seen his youtube videos but he doesn't look impressive to me in the slightest. On the inverted right winger scale he looks more Bertrand Traore than Ousmane Dembele. We already have Amad and Pellestri as projects for RW no need to add another in my opinion.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From what I've read about the player, he was a attacking midfielder/striker at youth level. But in his 16 appearances at first team level with Derby, he's been used on the right flank. He's also left footed, and we don't have many player who are naturally left footed. On a free transfer this move can only be a good thing imo.

NoPace

Haven't seen him but "No Championship player completed more dribbles per 90 minutes than Ebiowei (4.5) in 2021-22. The youngster has also demonstrated a penchant for set-pieces, his left-foot offering another option from free kicks. At an underage level, he demonstrated a brilliant goalscoring ability from dead-ball scenarios"

That's a good start to a RW, being a top dribbler who takes set pieces.

I wonder if we'd sign him and loan him back to the Champo, even to Derby.

Dazzmondo

A young player for the u23s on a free is fine. I have to say though I wish he played a different position. Between Amad, Pellistri and Garnacho we're pretty well stocked in young talent there. Would like to see us after some young cbs since that area looks pretty weak both in the u23s and 1st team.

Status
Not open for further replies.