Malcolm Ebiowei / signs for Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan Djordjic

Just seen clips on YT of him and kid looks class, very skilful and quick.

Same was said about Amad. Chap was beating people for fun in clips and even in his training with Atalanta 1st team he was taking piss beating players but we all know its the step up to 1st team at Man Utd is different and its making the right decisions on the pitch.

That said this kid does look good.
Amad isn’t quick at all and if he was he’d probably be a first team challenger.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Let's get him, I like what I see from few youtube clips... looks quick, good with the ball and fit, and a proper RW too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Dan James mrk 2.0 :angel:

I never even heard of him until 5 minutes ago

roseguy64

If I am not mistaken... this guy would be available on a free and he is a very good prospect. Would be silly not to take a punt for a position we are weak in.
There would definitely be some form of compensation to Derby.

roseguy64

Where does he play on the RW? What about Pellestri and Amad?
All three of them would have this preseason to prove they deserve to be in the first team. Nothing wrong with that. Plus we have 5 subs this coming season.

Mata, Lingard and Cavani leaving means they'll get a chance to impress.

roseguy64

I put that to management more than anything. Moyes's treatment of Zaha was bizarre. James never had potential to be an elite winger, we knew that when getting him he was more of a grafter than a skilful winger. I have higher expectations for Ten Hag.
Also, James' development wasn't really stunted due to being ignored. He played loads of games for us and did well most of the time what he's good at.

roseguy64

A young player for the u23s on a free is fine. I have to say though I wish he played a different position. Between Amad, Pellistri and Garnacho we're pretty well stocked in young talent there. Would like to see us after some young cbs since that area looks pretty weak both in the u23s and 1st team.
He's not going to be signing for us to be playing in the U23s. His other suitors will be offering first team football.

Dazzmondo

He's not going to be signing for us to be playing in the U23s. His other suitors will be offering first team football.
I'll be absolutely shocked if we're looking at signing an 18 year old winger from a team that just got relegated from the Championship to be a starter for us this season. Absolutely no chance.

Dempsey19

Seems like I've been through before.

Ah yes. It was January 2013. I watched clips of Zaha on YouTube and was excited. This guy looks very similar. If he joins hopefully he has a better United career than Zaha.

roseguy64

I'll be absolutely shocked if we're looking at signing an 18 year old winger from a team that just got relegated from the Championship to be a starter for us this season. Absolutely no chance.
There's a range of difference from being a regular starter to being in the U23s. If he's told he's gonna be part of the squad with lots of chances from the bench and the allure of the club along with knowing Rooney and McClaren, that may be enough.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He'll be a freebie I think
Then no reason to not get him i reckon, as I said I was rather impressed from what I saw of him.
Give him a measly contract and send him on loan, should be pretty straightened after that.

quirkey

Then no reason to not get him i reckon, as I said I was rather impressed from what I saw of him.
Give him a measly contract and send him on loan, should be pretty straightened after that.
Yes of course, I’m sure he will want to sign a measly contract. His agent must be the anti-Raiola.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Skillful quick and strong, what's not to like?

I assume Rooney has given us the heads up.

pascell

We'll certainly try but as the case with plenty of young players in the past, other clubs can/will offer more playing time and an easier path into the first team. Let's see how this plans out.

big rons sovereign

Tbf, derby wouldn't have gone down without the massive points deductions.
Just sayin like.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yes of course, I’m sure he will want to sign a measly contract. His agent must be the anti-Raiola.
He's 18 and coming from a champion (currently Ligue 1) club, something moderate should do it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We'll certainly try but as the case with plenty of young players in the past, other clubs can/will offer more playing time and an easier path into the first team. Let's see how this plans out.
Yeah, that could be the determining factor, hop we get him though.

MrSingh2002

What I don't get is why Charlie McNeill isn't involved in the first team squad yet. He's up there with the best finishers in the club and Garnacho and Shoretire made it onto the bench atleast but not him.

Anyone know what that's about? I think he'd be the biggest success out of the academy.

Zoo

Built like a man like his manager Rooney was at that age.

Momochiru

He actually reminds me a lot of Amad, except being taller, stronger, faster, more explosive and generally more physical. Considering that we paid 17M for Amad and this guy not only looks like an upgrade, but is also free, I'm sold.

croadyman

Wonder if he's seen as a cheaper RW alternative to Antony or maybe I have it totally wrong

r0663664

Worships Man City
Looks good but he won't make XI. He only has s left foot, I didn't see any attempt to use his right. Every coach with position the left back to make him go right and he will a frustrating player to be watch by Utd fans. He probably needs 2-3 years before he is ready.

Remember the geese

What I don't get is why Charlie McNeill isn't involved in the first team squad yet. He's up there with the best finishers in the club and Garnacho and Shoretire made it onto the bench atleast but not him.

Anyone know what that's about? I think he'd be the biggest success out of the academy.
McNeill is a decent young player, but nothing special.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He can be largely ineffective in games too. The FA youth cup final was a good example. He's not ready for senior football yet in a no. 9 role.

I think he'll need a loan personally, unless he develops a lot over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.