Malcolm Glazer dies aged 85

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Hitler was largely responsible for mass genocide and the causing of a deadly World War. The evidence for him being a fairly awful human being is clear to see. I get what you're trying to say, but this example doesn't work.
Hitler was responsible for the genocide of millions of Jews. Malcolm Glazer was Jewish

Revan

Assumptionman
I've loved this club all my life. So naturally I disliked Malcolm Glazer immensely. His ownership has and continues to leech hundreds of millions out of a club that never needed or wanted him. Anyone who can put a positive spin on his ownership either doesn't have all the facts or just doesn't really care. (Or works for the club before someone mentions SAF)
Or just didn't bought the propaganda financed by certain agendas that all things were rosy before and they caused such bad things to our club.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
But do you know Malcolm Glazer as well as you know Ghandi ? After all Glazer rarely (if ever) said anything in the media that would allow someone to form a viable opinion of who he is. The "He's a Cnut" brigade are basically groupthink sheep who are parroting phrases they've heard from others.
I don't think Glazer was the devil, I'm not glad he died and until Ben Kingley plays him in a film, I don't know anything about him personally.

CantonaGiggs1

I'll leave that to the United fans who feel much more stongly about what Glazer did to United than I do.

Self made billionaires don't live a life filled with generosity, kindness and cuddles though.
Why don't you just post that you hate rich people?

Those who know the Glazers would totally disagree with you. The thousands of people that have been helped through the Glazers charitable work would disagree with you.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
RIP. He let Fergie do his business and judging by our spending, wasn't as mean as some suggest. Wasn't an entirely black character, condolences to his family.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You seem to have no damn idea what Malcolm Glazer did in his life. All you know him from is his time with Man UTD.

If you want to say he was a bad owner, that is fine. But some of the things that are being said are just vile.
Which is why I've said nothing negative about him in this thread or on this forum or in my entire life, ever.

Glanville95

He had a stroke a cuple of years ago and was in such bad condition that I believe he's never even been able to come to the UK! At least not for a good while anyway. Say what you like about this one, but the death of an 85 year old stroke victim can't really ever be called 'out of the blue'!
Ah right, apologies. First I've heard about him being a stroke victim.

bri2013

Not sure I can think of too many worse owners?
How about Vincent Tan? The Venky's at Balckburn, Randy Lerner at Villa, Mike Ashley at Newcastle. Allam at Hull or the 2 clowns that had Liverpool a while back (Hicks and Gillett i think) to name just a few who have taken over clubs and messed them up to varying degrees, in different ways.

At least the Glazers stayed hands off from football matters whilst SAF was in charge

Loublaze

ATLien
You can have an opinion of someone based on what they say and do in life, without having to personally know them. I never met Gandhi for example but think he was a good dude.
Bet you didn't know that Ghandi wrote some really racist things about black South Africans while he was incarcerated there did you?

Agent Red

All the ownership had been passed onto his children so he didn't personally own any of United when he died.
Yes, exactly, so I wouldn't expect a business impact on United or any kind of squabble amongst the children as presumably they've already done all of those divisions in the past few years.

SteveW

Or just didn't bought the propaganda financed by certain agendas that all things were rosy before and they caused such bad things to our club.
What does that sentence even mean?

The man took one of the greatest football clubs in the world from financially sound and stable into hundreds of millions of pounds of debt risking it's very future so that he could acquire it without actually having to pay for it. To me that seems bad.

KeaneRoy

You're insulting a man that you don't know.
An idiotic response

i agree, their a difference between acting with dignity and basically been hypocritical.

i call it princess diana syndrome, as at the time of her death i worked in a paper shop, and pretty much every day leading up to her death thier was negative storys about her in nearly every paper, most only just falling short of calling her a $lut, then she dies and suddenly she is the "peoples princess".
a similar thing happened with jade goody a few years back, everyone basically thought she was a fame hungry idiot, suddenly she dieing everyone loves her.
i didnt really have an opinion on diana or jade one way or the other, but i dont think you should change your attidute to someone because they died, people are what they are and should be remembered for their good and thier bad.

i didn't like Malcom Glazer, i think the debt him and his family has plunged the club i love into is unforgivable, and pretty much shows he was a selfish pr1ck caring more about his alread rich familys wealth then a team millions upon millions of people round the world love. so im not gonna pretend i did like him and forget what he did that just because he is dead. I think he was a c**t and i will continue to think of him as a C**t now he is dead

but equally it doesn't mean i should act like a tw@t and celebrate his death.
Agreed

You make it seem like he was a terrorist or a person on that level. You can't just hold it inside for another day? You have to spit on a man's grave the day of his demise? You call him a cnut but look at yourself first. You look foolish insulting a dead man you didn't even know personally based on one business decision he made. You didn't know him outside business, as a man.
I've not rejoiced in his death, have I?

You don't need to be a terrorist or a murdered to be a c**t.

Revan

Assumptionman
What does that sentence even mean?

The man took one of the greatest football clubs in the world from financially sound and stable into hundreds of millions of pounds of debt risking it's very future so that he could acquire it without actually having to pay for it. To me that seems bad.
We also had our most succesful period on the history of our club during his time here. And we are financially even more stable than we were before they came. So yes, while their reign hasn't been great (or even particularly good) it hasn't been not near as bad as some people proclaim.

Trizy

Mixed feelings towards the Glazers like everyone else, still not nice to see someone pass away though.

RIP

KeaneRoy

How about Vincent Tan? The Venky's at Balckburn, Randy Lerner at Villa, Mike Ashley at Newcastle. Allam at Hull or the 2 clowns that had Liverpool a while back (Hicks and Gillett i think) to name just a few who have taken over clubs and messed them up to varying degrees, in different ways.

At least the Glazers stayed hands off from football matters whilst SAF was in charge

Think you'll find Villa and Newcastle both had big debts when both men took over, both clubs are now debt free.
Apart from the fiasco with the name Allam has been a brilliant owner.

Decotron

i agree, their a difference between acting with dignity and basically been hypocritical.

i call it princess diana syndrome, as at the time of her death i worked in a paper shop, and pretty much every day leading up to her death thier was negative storys about her in nearly every paper, most only just falling short of calling her a $lut, then she dies and suddenly she is the "peoples princess".
a similar thing happened with jade goody a few years back, everyone basically thought she was a fame hungry idiot, suddenly she dieing everyone loves her.
i didnt really have an opinion on diana or jade one way or the other, but i dont think you should change your attidute to someone because they died, people are what they are and should be remembered for their good and thier bad.

i didn't like Malcom Glazer, i think the debt him and his family has plunged the club i love into is unforgivable, and pretty much shows he was a selfish pr1ck caring more about his alread rich familys wealth then a team millions upon millions of people round the world love. so im not gonna pretend i did like him and forget what he did that just because he is dead. I think he was a c**t and i will continue to think of him as a C**t now he is dead

but equally it doesn't mean i should act like a tw@t and celebrate his death as im sure some people loved him and they have my sympathy.
Great post. sums up my feelings exactly....

KeaneRoy

We also had our most succesful period on the history of our club during his time here. And we are financially even more stable than we were before they came. So yes, while their reign hasn't been great (or even particularly good) it hasn't been not near as bad as some people proclaim.
Another embarrassing post

redevil2

You essentially called me a bad person because I didn't see fit to write "RIP" about a person I never knew nor cared about. I think that warrants mocking.

Why was I promoted after just a few months? Because I'm fecking mint that's why.
No you did see fit to mock those of us who felt sorry about someone being dead, and offer condolences to the deceased's family. Why do you see the need to condemn us??

Boothy

Are you the real Boothy? (looks at registration date, believes so...) How come we dont see you around anymore?
This thread kind of sums up why, tbh mate. Though I guess I never really ever posted in the football forum anyway :D

SteveW

1. SAF did that.
2. We're now hundreds of millions in debt. How is that considered more financially stable. :confused:

Decotron

What should they be thinking?
It times like this i miss the caf i first registered with. I know some will even take offense to that but im sure you know what I mean in the sense of the reaction to sometihng like this
This thread kind of sums up why, tbh mate. Though I guess I never really ever posted in the football forum anyway :D
It times like this i miss the caf i first registered with. I know some will even take offence to that but im sure you know what I mean in the sense of the reaction to something like this 5 or 6 years ago....ah well.

As you were gents....

Revan

Assumptionman
Our revenue had grown beyond what we could have imagined, our wage ratio to revenue is higher than ever, our value on market is multiple times higher than it was when they came here.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Reading this thread seems to me that some posters don't know who Malcolm Glazer was, judging by comment's like "he only looked about 50" Here he is: RIP

Here are 3 sons who are the ones heavily involved in the running. Also I remember hearing somewhere that one of the lads is actually a real supporter of the club and cares more about the footballing side than the money. I think it's Joel, but not 100% sure. (short baldy on the left)

Steev

We also had our most succesful period on the history of our club during his time here.
Not in terms of winning trophies.

EDIT: To clarify, the period between 1993 and 2001 was more successful than the nine years since the Glazers took over.

Revan

Assumptionman
1. SAF did that.
Whe he didn't do that before. If I am not mistaken he was our manager for more than 15 years without the Glazers. But the only consistent United team in Europe came under them. So, the argument that it was all because of SAF - and in spite of them - fails miserably here.

2. We're now hundreds of millions in debt. How is that considered more financially stable. :confused:
Which is perfectly managable. What difference would have made if we would have paid those money on taxes or dividents?

Seveneric

I'm not even sure what exactly there is to be "happy" about? If this somehow meant ownership of the club was wrest from the Glazers, I'd understand, but this basically changes nothing, so whoever is happy is being joyful at someone dying for no reason. Weird.

Nozzy

Has the purchase of any other large Club been financed in the same manner?