Malcom in the middle (actually, more of an inverted winger) | Barca player | Barca v Roma 1st August

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I first saw him at the U20 World Cup for Brazil, when I wanted to see how Andreas Pereira was getting on. He showed flashes of brilliance, and I admittedly forgot about him until I noticed Adam Ounas wasn't being picked anymore for Bordeaux. The player being prioritised over him was Malcom. I watched some games last season to understand what he offered that Ounas couldn't, and it became increasingly apparent that Malcom had maturity beyond his years. This season, his progress continues to be on an upwards trajectory.

His best qualities are his vision, passing, decision making in the final third, and his footballing intelligence. Malcom's weight of pass is brilliant, as he regularly switches play to the opposite winger, and carves up defences with his passes, he has the awareness and link up play to bring Sabaly into the game. He can really test the goal keeper from distance, an excellent dribbler, and very good at set pieces. I think he has the potential to be one of the best wide playmakers in Europe.

I just love watching him play. Malcom had a period in the first half against Toulouse, where he almost put his good work in the first half hour to waste, and it looked like it would be one of those games where if he wasn't going to pull something out of the bag, Bordeaux were going to suffer, as not only did they have their backs against the wall to Toulouse, any opportunities to break failed to materialise due to a lack of quality in the final third. Despite struggling, he was the one player that looked like he had something a bit about him. In the second half, he continued to be the player Boredeaux turned too, when they needed to surrender possession to someone reliable, and he used his core strength to hold the ball with his back to goal, before releasing it to a player about to bypass him. My favourite moment of the match being when Bordeaux made crisp one touch passes and the ball came to Malcom in a 1v1 situation, he just skipped past his man as if he was a training cone, and then played a pass which took three others out of the game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
3 goals and 3 assists in 6 Ligue 1 matches according to WhoScored. Has 4 WhoScored MOTM awards in those games too. Doesn't sound bad at all...

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
I first saw him at the U20 World Cup for Brazil, when I wanted to see how Andreas Pereira was getting on. He showed flashes of brilliance, and I admittedly forgot about him until I noticed Adam Ounas wasn't being picked anymore for Bordeaux. The player being prioritised over him was Malcom. I watched some games last season to understand what he offered that Ounas couldn't, and it became increasingly apparent that Malcom had maturity beyond his years. This season, his progress continues to be on an upwards trajectory.

His best qualities are his vision, passing, decision making in the final third, and his footballing intelligence. Malcom's weight of pass is brilliant, as he regularly switches play to the opposite winger, and carves up defences with his passes, he has the awareness and link up play to bring Sabaly into the game. He can really test the goal keeper from distance, an excellent dribbler, and very good at set pieces. I think he has the potential to be one of the best wide playmakers in Europe.

I just love watching him play. Malcom had a period in the first half against Toulouse, where he almost put his good work in the first half hour to waste, and it looked like it would be one of those games where if he wasn't going to pull something out of the bag, Bordeaux were going to suffer, as not only did they have their backs against the wall to Toulouse, any opportunities to break failed to materialise due to a lack of quality in the final third. Despite struggling, he was the one player that looked like he had something a bit about him. In the second half, he continued to be the player Boredeaux turned too, when they needed to surrender possession to someone reliable, and he used his core strength to hold the ball with his back to goal, before releasing it to a player about to bypass him. My favourite moment of the match being when Bordeaux made crisp one touch passes and the ball came to Malcom in a 1v1 situation, he just skipped past his man as if he was a training cone, and then played a pass which took three others out of the game.
Interesting read. Cheers.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

Doing very well, would be a great addition for us next summer. I would say he is one of those talents that if worked on could reach world class form. Would be a great signing and could develop under tutelage of mourinho.

izec

A host of good clubs were interested last summer, seems to be doing well. If we want a right winger for a decent fee, there arent too many options floating around.

Ace of Spades

He would be great on the RW for us, a position that we need an upgrade on for sure.

3KDré

I can see City going for him.

Also, is it just me or does he look like Nas?

redNATION

His ability to defend needs to be considered, no way Jose's going to sign him if all he can do is dribble, cross, and finish, as you would expect wingers to do.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His ability to defend needs to be considered, no way Jose's going to sign him if all he can do is dribble, cross, and finish, as you would expect wingers to do.
Hope not. Would be depressing if we pass up on talented attackers because they can't defend.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
We should be all over this. Pedro is 31 next season and Willian has been atrocious so far this season and will be 30 next season.

With him being a RW, he would perfectly compliment Hazard on the left

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Last season he directly contributed to 11 goals in Ligue 1. Now after 13 matchdays he has already directly contributed to 9 goals (5 goals and 4 assists).

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We should be all over this. Pedro is 31 next season and Willian has been atrocious so far this season and will be 30 next season.

With him being a RW, he would perfectly compliment Hazard on the left
Richarlison has been linked to Chelsea for a January move.

izec

Surely Jose would be interested in a Brazilian RW. He loves them as much as LVG hates them

ovoxo

I don’t think he’s cost a lot if we did sign him. Compared to someone like Pulisic. Arguable though, is Pulisic the bigger talent and Dortmund’s biggest threat at the moment?

Charles Miller

Bordeaux have three very interesting players in Malcom/Mendy/Otavio; but the team is so weak that makes the players look inferior to their real level.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
similar celebration to Ashley Young. Good move but having got a hand to it, think the keeper should have kept it out