Malcom in the middle (actually, more of an inverted winger) | Barca player | Barca v Roma 1st August

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I doubt he will go to Roma after all of this. Their fans must already be annoyed at the development last night.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Willian makes no sense for them since Barca have been at their best with versatile forward types they have not really played with a winger like Willian who just whips crosses in.
That is literally the last thing Willian ever does. Unless we're talking about a different Willian to the one who plays for Chelsea and is linked with Barcelona. :houllier:

Charles Miller

If you read what his agent is saying apparently the player and his staff want go to Roma but its Bordeaux who is blocking the move. His mother was already in Roma. Surreal development. Going to Barca bench at this point is a very bad scenario for him.

Ljungster

If you read what his agent is saying apparently the player and his staff want go to Roma but its Bordeaux who is blocking the move. His mother was already in Roma. Surreal development. Going to Barca bench at this point is a very bad scenario for him.
They can't force him to go to Barcelona. He can simply say no and that's that. How would it portray Bordeaux in the eyes of young players if they start doing stuff like this?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So Barca it is. Guess we'll find out these coming seasons how good he is and if he's another potential right winger that we missed out on

Fer

If Barca is going to sign Malcom for around 35m, how much it would be for Pulisic or Bailey?

ninjaskill

They can't force him to go to Barcelona. He can simply say no and that's that. How would it portray Bordeaux in the eyes of young players if they start doing stuff like this?
But the other side of the same coin he can't force them to sell him to Roma all Bordeaux has to do it say no to the bid and that's that. I doubt to many youngsters would be consider not signing for Bordeaux if they thought they might be forced to sign for Barca as a result.

Charles Miller

If Barca is going to sign Malcom for around 35m, how much it would be for Pulisic or Bailey?
Thing is, the scouts at top clubs that have all the information and the "football market" rate players different from our Caf members(including me) that watch few games year and think they know who are the best players out there.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Reportedly Bordeaux also accepted a counter offer from Roma but Malcom chose Barca in the end.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
"Fair Play". Nowdays a word as inflated as irrelevant that lost all its significance, I remember when Barcelona/Barca fans were claiming to be "different" than Real Madrid when the "Alfredo Di Stefano case" happened back in the '50s… its hilarious how times have changed and now they are doing the same things or even worser after 50 years....

Hypocrisy and Arrogance.

saivet

How good is he then? The profile of clubs he was linked with was the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Roma and now suddenly Barca sign him.

Kapardin

If I was him, I'd have chosen Roma. Barca seems a bit too big a step for him. Could turn out to be like Andre Gomes.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Everton too.
Inter as well.

He'll be class for Barcelona imo. He's a player that will thrive being with better players, he was Bordeauxs star man and had a lot of attention from opposing players while now he'll have more space.

He probably won't score as many long range rockets though as Barcelona will probably train that out of him.

Fer

How good is he then? The profile of clubs he was linked with was the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Roma and now suddenly Barca sign him.
He is as good as Pulisic and Bailey.

Malcom scored 12 goals with 7 assists... (Pulisic 4 goals, 5 assists).

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He is as good as Pulisic and Bailey.

Malcom scored 12 goals with 7 assists... (Pulisic 4 goals, 5 assists).
Malcom - 2867mins - 87 key passes / 75 shots / 42.7% on target / 141 dribbles / 66.0% successful
Bailey - 2223mins - 59 key passes / 76 shots / 36.8% on target / 182 dribbles / 42.3% successful
Pulisic - 2313mins - 30 key passes / 38 shots / 42.1% on target / 118 dribbles / 49.2% successful

Malcom's stats are certainly better last season across the board. He does give the ball away more though.

Fer

Malcom - 2867mins - 87 key passes / 75 shots / 42.7% on target / 141 dribbles / 66.0% successful
Bailey - 2223mins - 59 key passes / 76 shots / 36.8% on target / 182 dribbles / 42.3% successful
Pulisic - 2313mins - 30 key passes / 38 shots / 42.1% on target / 118 dribbles / 49.2% successful

Malcom's stats are certainly better last season across the board. He does give the ball away more though.
Interesting stats. Malcom was definitely better as you said.

I can't believe Barcelona have Malcom AND Dembele as rotating players while we haven't addressed our RW.

I hope we can get Pulisic/Bailey for a similar price.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So regardless if they play 4-4-2 or go back to 4-3-3 in their first 11 it will be Ter Stegen, Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Alba, Busquets, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez in it with Rakitic/Roberto/Arthur battling for one of the spots and Dembele/Malcom battling for another spot.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
So regardless if they play 4-4-2 or go back to 4-3-3 in their first 11 it will be Ter Stegen, Semedo, Pique, Umtiti, Alba, Busquets, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez in it with Rakitic/Roberto/Arthur battling for one of the spots and Dembele/Malcom battling for another spot.
Sergi Roberto will probably play rightback and compete with Semedo rather than midfield. I doubt Arthur will be good enough to fight for a spot with Rakitic who’s been fantastic, so he’ll just rotate and take Paulinho’s minutes.

Signing Malcom means Coutinho can play in Iniesta’s place rather than be part of the front 3. Decent summer for Barcelona, signed some young players since a few of their starters are getting into their 30s. Missing out on Griezmann was a big blow though

Saccharine

Barca may be a a step too high for him.

It's hard to assess how good he could become.
He played in a poor Bordeaux side so 12 goals is a good return and most of his goals were chances he created for himself.
Yet he is very inconsistent, which is to be expected from a young player. I'd say last season he had one good game in four.
Personnally I think he should have gone to Roma where he could have played more regularly with less pressure.

Although Dembele was injured for a long part of last season he has developped much since he moved to Barcelone. I'm not sure it's the right place for that kind of player to fulfill their potential.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I had Dembele and Malcom on fifa last year. Don't tell me you can't do the same in real life, Barca just have.

Saccharine

Have you seen Barca's squad players last season? :D he'll be fine.
Oh yes, he will be on the bench and rotate with the front three, I suppose.
But being a squad-member at Barcelone is not the same as playing for Bordeaux where the expectations were simply to finish in the top 10 of the French league.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
"Fair Play". Nowdays a word as inflated as irrelevant that lost all its significance, I remember when Barcelona/Barca fans were claiming to be "different" than Real Madrid when the "Alfredo Di Stefano case" happened back in the '50s… its hilarious how times have changed and now they are doing the same things or even worser after 50 years....

Hypocrisy and Arrogance.
Wow, you've done well to remember the 50s, what with being 31...

Johnny Love

That's a great buy for Barca imo, plays same position as Willian but he's younger and cheaper. No brainer really.

Johnny Love

I read somewhere that some Roma fans were waiting for Malcom at airport lolol.

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
So if Barca sign a player they are arrogant? As you say times have changed..

Johnny Love

Definitely a big step but I think he will be fine. Barca squad players are trash.

gingerless

Hypocrisy and Arrogance.
What... They bid for a player that chose them Literally worse than Franco

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Sergi Roberto will probably play rightback and compete with Semedo rather than midfield. I doubt Arthur will be good enough to fight for a spot with Rakitic who’s been fantastic, so he’ll just rotate and take Paulinho’s minutes.

Signing Malcom means Coutinho can play in Iniesta’s place rather than be part of the front 3. Decent summer for Barcelona, signed some young players since a few of their starters are getting into their 30s. Missing out on Griezmann was a big blow though
Rakitić was nowhere near fantastic throughout the 2017/18 season for Barcelona at least, his good WC is probably clouding the minds somewhat. He was all right/fairly good at best, but the fact is that he played an enormous part of the season deployed in a double pivot with Busquets in a 4-4-2, and that made him look better that he really is.

gingerless

No he doesn‘t. They have Dembele for RW and Coutinho for LW. Willian would have made sense to bridge the gap until Dembele is ready, but why get another talent?
Coutinho is AM he's better at iniesta's position. Dembele can play both wings as he's one of the most ambidextrous players in the world and he can play in place of suarez I reckon. Players like Malcolm make a whole lot more sense going to barca than greaseyfeckboiman or William I feel.