Mason Mount's Misfortune

Seen a couple of commentators opinion that:

The way Ten Hag sets us up is probably the cause of our soft tissue injuries. The players have to sprint back and forth more than most teams.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Starting the game with 10 men? Interesting strategy.
We do that in most games, since Rashford starts.

The way Ten Hag sets us up is probably the cause of our soft tissue injuries. The players have to sprint back and forth more than most teams.
Well, this is not rocket science but the EtH in crowd just want to write a list of excuses.

I Am Zlatan

This has been answered so many times on here already. Look it up.
I’m not sure if I can spend time reading through all these pages… I guess regardless of his injury record at Chelsea, it’s been terrible for us, especially considering he would have been a free agent next season.. He did look sharp after his long injury though, so hopefully he comes good next season!

Giggsyking

One of the worse signins in the last decade. Not only he is not up to the standard required, but also not even available. We have signed many mediocre players in the past decade but at least they were available.

Grande

We do that in most games, since Rashford starts.

Well, this is not rocket science but the EtH in crowd just want to write a list of excuses.
In todays news, a layman with no ties to higher education has come forth to reveal that: ‘Rocket science isn’t rocket science, you know’. More on this later.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
How was his injury record at Chelsea?
Barely ever got injured in his first three seasons there. Then only missed one game in his fourth season up until March, which was when he got the pelvic injury that ultimately required surgery. We bought him on the back of that.

People tend to massively exaggerate his injury issues before we bought him. In reality he missed the last three months of his last season, after three and a half years of barely missing a game. Obviously buying a player on the back of an injury that requires surgery carries a bit of risk, but people constantly carry on like he'd shown serious injury-proneness before which couldn't be further from the case.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It's evident that there's serious issues in our fitness/medical department

IncyWincySpider

I feel like he’s played even less minutes than Donnie! It’s really disappointing about today because I thought he might have started. It’s a bad sign when players are repeatedly injured like this, I’m worried he’ll just never get going for us now.

Kellyiom

Barely ever got injured in his first three seasons there. Then only missed one game in his fourth season up until March, which was when he got the pelvic injury that ultimately required surgery. We bought him on the back of that.

People tend to massively exaggerate his injury issues before we bought him. In reality he missed the last three months of his last season, after three and a half years of barely missing a game. Obviously buying a player on the back of an injury that requires surgery carries a bit of risk, but people constantly carry on like he'd shown serious injury-proneness before which couldn't be further from the case.
That's what I thought although I hadn't watched Chelsea. Maybe he's seen what a disaster it's been and has been keeping out of it as much as possible!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Who on earth signed off spending £60 million when he had 1 year left on his contract?

That indicates that the club valued Mount on a multi year contract at around the £100 million mark which is bonkers.

There’s probably only a handful of players in world football I’d be happy paying £60 million for in the last year of their contract and Mount is certainly not one of them.

It stinks of a regime that panders to a managers demands. Reports last summer indicated that ETH was obsessed with getting Mount and saw him as instrumental to his plans.

Thank God that regime is on its way out.

Robertd0803

I think it's clear now that we should have extended Phil Jones' contract. We didn't realise it at the time, but the man was a lightning rod for injuries, keeping his teammates protected through the sheer power of self-sacrifice. Without him, the injury gods are just dishing it out to everyone indiscriminately.

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
I would have been onboard with this.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
In todays news, a layman with no ties to higher education has come forth to reveal that: ‘Rocket science isn’t rocket science, you know’. More on this later.
If you think what you wrote makes any sense, primary school beckons

Son

One of the worse signins in the last decade. Not only he is not up to the standard required, but also not even available. We have signed many mediocre players in the past decade but at least they were available.
We got rid of Fred for this guy. Fred in the past and maybe still to this day is a more proven player than Mount. He always did pretty well for us and Brazil.

He never dropped form or had an injury record quite like Mason.

Always available, always fought for the badge and was easily one of my fav United players of the past decade. Mount has a long way to even get close to filling his shoes.

I’m hoping he proves me wrong but I’m just not seeing the same personality on the field from this guy.

Fred’s personality and drive made up for his lack of skill and he said it himself. He also did a very good job for us so I respect that.

Amrabat has been even worse though. I forget the guy is still playing for us. Absolutely out of his depth.

Todd

Reminder that Chelsea paid 40 million for 20-goal scorer Palmer.
City paid 30 million for Kovacic, who has been reliable and consistent for them.

How is United just always the club caught with its pants down on transfers?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Reminder that Chelsea paid 40 million for 20-goal scorer Palmer.
City paid 30 million for Kovacic, who has been reliable and consistent for them.

How is United just always the club caught with its pants down on transfers?
We also spent 115m on Caicedo who is dogshit and 58m on Romeo bed blocker Lavia. Man City fans think Kovacic is crap and want him sold.

Todd

We also spent 115m on Caicedo who is dogshit and 58m on Romeo bed blocker Lavia. Man City fans think Kovacic is crap and want him sold.
To be fair, when you've got guys like De Bruyne, Foden, and Rodri in your midfield it's easier to pooh-pooh a guy like Kovacic.

Kovacic would be the best player in United's midfield if we signed him, so dire are the state of things.

red_de_pologne

We got rid of Fred for this guy. Fred in the past and maybe still to this day is a more proven player than Mount. He always did pretty well for us and Brazil.

He never dropped form or had an injury record quite like Mason.

Always available, always fought for the badge and was easily one of my fav United players of the past decade. Mount has a long way to even get close to filling his shoes.

I’m hoping he proves me wrong but I’m just not seeing the same personality on the field from this guy.

Fred’s personality and drive made up for his lack of skill and he said it himself. He also did a very good job for us so I respect that.

Amrabat has been even worse though. I forget the guy is still playing for us. Absolutely out of his depth.
Love Fred but that's some next level memory loss

frostbite

We got Fred for 50 million. He wasn't as good as we expected.

Then ETH came along, and he said "I can beat that!". And guess what, ETH did it! Again! He sold Fred, and he bought someone worse, who is also never available.

ETH is the worst manager we had in the last 30 years, with disaster-level transfers.

RuudTom83

Far too much chat about EtH in here.

Mount has been unlucky with injuries but at some stage the sympathy runs out. What is he doing to himself? Has anyone checked to see what him and Shaw are pissing about doing in recovery.

All he had in front of him this season was a poor Casemiro, Eriksen on one leg, a 18 year old kid and McTom.

He fecked it!

RuudTom83

So the players are sprinting back and still allowing 400 shots on their goal :eek: another great take from the experts.

Surely if there is a huge area vacant in the centre of the pitch, it would suggest the players are NOT sprinting back to fill it.

But any excuse to criticise United and the manager.

gantherbale

Who on earth signed off spending £60 million when he had 1 year left on his contract?

That indicates that the club valued Mount on a multi year contract at around the £100 million 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 mark which is bonkers.

There’s probably only a handful of players in world football I’d be happy paying £60 million for in the last year of their contract and Mount is certainly not one of them.

It stinks of a regime that panders to a managers demands. Reports last summer indicated that ETH was obsessed with getting Mount and saw him as instrumental to his plans.

Thank God that regime is on its way out.
This is the point that I was thinking of the whole time ! why did they brought him with that price !

thisisnottaken1

Is he a terrible signing because he's always injured? Hopefully he can recover over the summer and get off to a good start next year.
I think people (including me) view him as bad signing because it was in a position that we didn’t need to strengthen and it prevented us from signing Kim Min-Jae, who would have been a necessary signing to strengthen a position that, at least retrospectively, needs strengthening.