Man City 2020/21 - General discussion

Nero

Last season wasn't a temporary drop off. This is City now.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
It is completely unfair to expect Pep to deliver the title with this squad. They are not two classes better than everyone else, so how can he do it? He is not a magician.

I think he should get 300 mill pounds to spend on shoring up the defence before the window shuts. Anything else would be a case of the club publicly leaving him out to try.

dev1l

I think it s too early in the season to pass any judgement.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Six conceded in their first two league fixtures.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Give it to Allegryh ‘til the end of the year :cool:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It’s all gone wrong
All gone wrong
It’s all gone wrong...

Nero

I remember people hyping up the likes of Rodri and Mendy. Although then again that happens with every player they sign. People lost their shit over Cancelo ffs.

Pep's Suit

Leicester were stronger, faster while City showed zero creativity, movement and energy in attack. Like I said many times before the season started: City will finish with 75-80 points. During two summers they went from Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva and Sane to Garcia, Rodri, Foden and Torres. From 10/10 players to 6-7/10. That's the reality and honestly I think this should be Pep's last season because for months now City look like Wenger's Arsenal when they became a meme.

But I was talking about sane individuals :)
Yes good point!

I yearn for the days when they didn’t even bother with the league table until at least a few games in. This year was always going to be strange, and we’ve seen that already - yet judgements are being made left right and centre.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The main point, though, being they just go on and on and on spending fortunes on semi-unknown, half-baked defenders or midfielders. With Koulibaly and Allan, they would have sorted both departments.

Got to be good watching Richards’ post match view. He’s one of the most biased pundits there is. I appreciate it’s difficult to find many ex city players without going back to Mike Summerbee (thank god we never see him anymore. I hope it’s not because he’s dead!), but surely they can get someone better.

El Jefe

Nope.

They lost their spine Kompany, Silva and Aguero. Those three carried them.
Add in a peak Fernandiho and this is it really.

They've brought in some good players over the years but with these four they had an aura of quality and mentality that they're yet to replace.

predator

Youth NITK
I'd rather city win 5 titles on the bounce than Liverpool get level with us.

This season is going to be awful. It would be heartwarming to see klopp just call it a day after this campaign and manage Germany or even bayern.

AJ Bullet

This is what happens when you dont replace the likes of Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero with similar quality. Its all on De Bruyne these days the rest are not at the same level.

"The Greatest Premiership team in the history of anything ever" lasted a whole 2 seasons and didnt even win a CL.

Congrats to Liverpool this season I guess onto 2021/22

Bojan11

Add in a peak Fernandiho and this is it really.

They've brought in some good players over the years but with these four they had an aura of quality and mentality that they're yet to replace.
Sane was key in those two title winning seasons under Pep. He gave them something different in attack.

Josep Dowling

It is completely unfair to expect Pep to deliver the title with this squad. They are not two classes better than everyone else, so how can he do it? He is not a magician.

I think he should get 300 mill pounds to spend on shoring up the defence before the window shuts. Anything else would be a case of the club publicly leaving him out to try.
C’mon, he’s spent an absolute fortune every season. How much has he spent on defenders already? There is no excuses for a lack of quality at the back, he’s just bought badly in some areas of the pitch.

gajender

I'd rather city win 5 titles on the bounce than Liverpool get level with us.

This season is going to be awful. It would be heartwarming to see klopp just call it a day after this campaign and manage Germany or even bayern.
We need to get our house in order Liverpool aren't invincible nobody is things can change quickly in football we should not be waiting for Klopp or Guardiola to walk in the sunset for us to win the league we should be striving to take the challenge to them .