Man City 21/22

padr81

Supports
Man City
If man city have yet another successful season again will pep once again spark a new chapter in the evolution of football of teams not bothering with a striker in the starting 11?
Nope, Jesus played as a striker today and a few times recently.

Judas

Open to offers
It is incredibly boring how good they are and I wonder just how long the media will try to make it out that it's a good thing.

Still rather they won the league over Liverpool, which makes it even more boring.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
It is incredibly boring how good they are and I wonder just how long the media will try to make it out that it's a good thing.

Still rather they won the league over Liverpool, which makes it even more boring.
Yes...I know what you mean???. It was also mind numbingly boring watching United win for 20 years haha!!. Did the media make out that United's total domination for so long was a good thing as well.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen that they've eaten up the goal difference advantage we had over them in the space of two games. 11 goals without a reply.

I think we're easier to get at than City are. City control games for the most part, even when they lose. With us, we have long periods in games like against Spurs yesterday where the opposition has us on the ropes. Happened against Brentford, Brighton and West Ham as well.

I hate how good they are under Guardiola.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool and Chelsea both look very jaded right now and are dealing with all sorts of injuries and Covid absences, while City have the deepest and healthiest squad of the three. Given the fixtures and form of the sides, City has a real opportunity to come out of the festive period 7-10 points ahead of both. We could have a pretty boring title race in the end.

Winrar

This tidbit just evoked memories of his prime Barca side insofar as to the extent they just controlled and defeated many opponents even before the ball was kicked.

Of course, their City side is not as dominant, but when they are on the money they are difficult to stop.

He has his moments of silliness like CL Final vs Chelsea, but his league record is nearly unparalleled.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool and Chelsea both look very jaded right now and are dealing with all sorts of injuries and Covid absences, while City have the deepest and healthiest squad of the three. Given the fixtures and form of the sides, City has a real opportunity to come out of the festive period 7-10 points ahead of both. We could have a pretty boring title race in the end.
This is my concern as well. Chelsea play both City and Liverpool over the festive period. Dropping these points recently has ruined their title chances. We'll probably drop points as well. Maybe at Leicester which is two days after we play Leeds at home. Leicester to play City two days before playing us though.

Still you'd back City to keep on winning.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Just seen that they've eaten up the goal difference advantage we had over them in the space of two games. 11 goals without a reply.

I think we're easier to get at than City are. City control games for the most part, even when they lose. With us, we have long periods in games like against Spurs yesterday where the opposition has us on the ropes. Happened against Brentford, Brighton and West Ham as well.

I hate how good they are under Guardiola.
Don't worry mate haha!!. This is gonna be another battle right to the end. We are doing well at the moment but there will be ups and downs for all of us. It is fun though to see you panicking already. Let's meet again in two months from now and see what the situation is... haha!!!.

copen1945

Their Arab oil money has bought a band of mercenaries, but it turned out they are also misbehaving and criminally charged. St Foden and the rest are going to get complacent. Even Pep is getting tired of the mercenaries. They won't be top in May. Sadly, it will be Liverpool.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Their Arab oil money has bought a band of mercenaries, but it turned out they are also misbehaving and criminally charged. St Foden and the rest are going to get complacent. Even Pep is getting tired of the mercenaries. They won't be top in May. Sadly, it will be Liverpool.
I heard the owners feed on the tears of kids who make stupid posts like this.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
You're staggeringly naive if you think a couple of players going on a night out is going to have any impact on a club's performance, considering our left-back has been investigated for incredibly serious crimes for half a year and we've been fine.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The bottom level of Pep's teams is much higher than the bottom level of Liverpool or Chelsea. They don't get battered in shock results or lose form for prolonged stretches. They're the safest pick in terms of winning leagues where consistency is the foremost requirement. I'd take Liverpool or Chelsea in cup competitions because they have individual talent that can at times overwhelm anyone over 90 minutes in a one off game.

copen1945

You're staggeringly naive if you think a couple of players going on a night out is going to have any impact on a club's performance, considering our left-back has been investigated for incredibly serious crimes for half a year and we've been fine.
Don't be surprised when your RB is pulled into the same mess as your LB. And there are more stories about your St Foden. His troubles will get bigger, and he has been delaying his signature on his contract extension. The naivety of the plastic fans who support and excuse the sports washing and human rights violating lot cannot be possibly measured.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Don't be surprised when your RB is pulled into the same mess as your LB. And there are more stories about your St Foden. His troubles will get bigger, and he has been delaying his signature on his contract extension. The naivety of the plastic fans who support and excuse the sports washing and human rights violating lot cannot be possibly measured.
I'm reporting this, you are baselessly accusing Cancelo or Walker of rape? You need to let that anger go... its not good for your blood pressure at 12 years old, if you don't relax you'll be lucky to make 13.

SER19

City fans pretending they won't stroll to the title to try manufacture some degree of excitement about supporting an artificial club is quite enjoyable

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
City fans pretending they won't stroll to the title to try manufacture some degree of excitement about supporting an artificial club is quite enjoyable
Not anywhere near as enjoyable as strolling to the title would be, though. That sounds lovely.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not anywhere near as enjoyable as strolling to the title would be, though. That sounds lovely.
Lovely indeed. Would be lovely to be able to chill till the end of the season but I think Liverpool and Chelsea are a little too good for that to happen.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I am confident, personally. We’re the best team in the league and we’ve got the advantage. That doesn’t mean we aren’t up against good sides though. If Liverpool go and win 20 on the bounce then there’s nothing we can do about that!

SER19

I am confident, personally. We’re the best team in the league and we’ve got the advantage. That doesn’t mean we aren’t up against good sides though. If Liverpool go and win 20 on the bounce then there’s nothing we can do about that!
They won't though. Nowhere near the squad depth of city. I expect them to win it by over 10 points, brushing aside the vast majority of teams 3 to 6 goals per game as normal fatigue affects most other teams

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Pep is making the EPL a farmer's league.

He really love to destroy that midtable teams who lack quality.

marktan

Why does every team in the league get hit with covid, bar City? Cmon football gods, at least try and balance things out.

The league is 98% done though, even at this stage. Pool have an as good if not better first XI, but their lack of squad depth will do them in.

Redlyn

I was about to say why are there so many fecking city fans on this forum. Then I realised I was in the the man city thread. Nevermind me, exiting left.

BlueHaze

They won't though. Nowhere near the squad depth of city. I expect them to win it by over 10 points, brushing aside the vast majority of teams 3 to 6 goals per game as normal fatigue affects most other teams
I think it will be closer. I think Liverpool are too good to fall 10+ behind. I'm not even counting Chelsea. Never saw them as candidates in the first place.

Bobade

I'm reporting this, you are baselessly accusing Cancelo or Walker of rape? You need to let that anger go... its not good for your blood pressure at 12 years old, if you don't relax you'll be lucky to make 13.

What bizarre comments , what are you actually referring to here? As far as I know there's been no chat to this effect at all.

SER19

I think it will be closer. I think Liverpool are too good to fall 10+ behind. I'm not even counting Chelsea. Never saw them as candidates in the first place.
Lose Salah and Mane without much to replace them. City for example lose a 60m quid sub and bring in a 100m squad player. Their depth wins titles and will again pretty easily

copen1945

What bizarre comments , what are you actually referring to here? As far as I know there's been no chat to this effect at all.
You will find out soon enough. Don't celebrate Man City's league just yet. They have a dip in form to come, but there is a non-football event to come, as well.

Brown1950

Well well what a pathetic post.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
You will find out soon enough. Don't celebrate Man City's league just yet. They have a dip in form to come, but there is a non-football event to come, as well.
Do you have any verification to affirm such statements, because if you don't it's frankly a disgrace that you would even consider making accusatory claims like that.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What mess would our lb be in he just said our rb will be pulled into. what was he implying?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
City were written off this season on page 1, and it didn’t take long for them to hit their stride. Liverpool do have less depth, but I’d be very hesitant to write them off. Afcon will be tricky but I think there’s a good chance of Liverpool putting up a fight. It'll be interesting to see how they approach the Afcon stretch.

Doesn’t seem like Chelsea quite have the goals in them, they're a talented side and it's not implausible that once they're past this bump they hit form. As it stands though they'll have to find some goals.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
What mess would our lb be in he just said our rb will be pulled into. what was he implying?
Probably he is just imagining things, some people just like to daydream and live in their own fairy tales

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The expectations people place on them just shows how good they and their manager are and it's beyond money.
They are going to stroll to the title despite playing without a striker and people are just shrugging it off. Many people said they would struggle without one but the team and coach are so good at finding solutions.
I don't think people give them enough respect
I think he will go down as the greatest league manager of all time.

Last edited:

Oranges038

Could be referring to Kyle Walker and his double hooker, hippy crack sex party from last year.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Big plus for City this season...the return of Bernardo to his very best... world class player. And Pep has turned Rodri and Cancelo into world beaters... looking at them now it's crazy to think that there were question marks against both of these players a year ago.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Could be referring to Kyle Walker and his double hooker, hippy crack sex party from last year.
Which is not the same as Ben Mendy raping 7 women and nor does it even equate or imply Walker will be dragged into the Mendy rape case unless I'm mistaken.

"Don't be surprised when your RB is pulled into the same mess as your LB." - Is 100% implying either Walker or Cancelo will be dragged into the Mendy mess or brought up on rape charges. There is not other way to read it and its simply a disgusting baseless implication by the OP.

On this page alone we've had this and someone wish covid (a life threatening illness) on the City squad. Its unlike the mods here to let that kinda nonsense slide.

Oranges038

Which is not the same as Ben Mendy raping 7 women and nor does it even equate or imply Walker will be dragged into the Mendy rape case unless I'm mistaken.

"Don't be surprised when your RB is pulled into the same mess as your LB." - Is 100% implying either Walker or Cancelo will be dragged into the Mendy mess or brought up on rape charges. There is not other way to read it and its simply a disgusting baseless implication by the OP.

On this page alone we've had this and someone wish covid (a life threatening illness) on the City squad. Its unlike the mods here to let that kinda nonsense slide.
They probably put 2 and 2 together and somehow got 7. It is most likely baseless nonsense. The sort of thing that could be double checked in less than a minute.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They probably put 2 and 2 together and somehow got 7. It is most likely baseless nonsense. The sort of thing that could be double checked in less than a minute.
I'm sure it is, just not a nice thing to say about someone, thats why I called him out originally. Spreading false rumors is kinda dangerous. While Walker is no saint and well a bit of a tit by most metrics, I find this dudes reaching dangerous.

Oranges038

I'm sure it is, just not a nice thing to say about someone, thats why I called him out originally. Spreading false rumors is kinda dangerous. While Walker is no saint and well a bit of a tit by most metrics, I find this dudes reaching dangerous.
Could also be related to how many of them it was that went looking for a hiding from those dominatrix after the Leeds game.

Those names haven't cone out yet, have they?

Guy Incognito

The expectations people place on them just shows how good they and their manager are and it's beyond money.
They are going to stroll to the title despite playing without a striker and people are just shrugging it off. Many people said they would struggle without one but the team and coach are so good at finding solutions.
I don't think people give them enough respect
I think he will go down as the greatest league manager of all time.
Respect for what though? Sure they've raised the bar but the reality is they have squad depth that most clubs would dream to have. Their second XI is better than the bottom half of the league and even their third XI would get on fine.

I think the media do place crazy expectations of managers, but it isn't surprising that Guardiola, who manages an expensively assembled team, wins trophies. There are no headlines to write there.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Respect for what though? Sure they've raised the bar but the reality is they have squad depth that most clubs would dream to have. Their second XI is better than the bottom half of the league and even their third XI would get on fine.

I think the media do place crazy expectations of managers, but it isn't surprising that Guardiola, who manages an expensively assembled team, wins trophies. There are no headlines to write there.
This isn't true now though, is it?