Man City v Chelsea - The Champions League Final...

Who will win the Champions League final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Ok. I wasn't saying "the Rodri decision wasn't an issue and the Sterling one was", just that City's forwards (including Sterling who I think has been in poor form for a while) didn't trouble Chelsea's CHs.

It's not THIS Pep choice was the reason they lost, the OTHERS weren't, it's a collective.

Not playing Rodri/Fernandinho as a Def Mid, playing Gundogan out of position, not playing a proper CF (to make the CHs work), only putting a sub on by necessity (the KdB injury)... it's all of them.

Yet again, Pep over-thinks things instead of trusting his usual team/game plan.

But give the man a midfield of Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta plus an all time great and fair play to him, he does win trophies
I understood the idea: have a more attacking midfield to make sure Chelsea would be pressed high on the pitch and using KdB as player in the hole would in theory create a midfield overload that Chelsea would have problems to cope. As Gundogan is quite proactive and less positional, this created problems to City defense when Chelsea made quick transitions.

And as you pointed, Sterling didn't either provided depth or width with quality and was sloppy on the offball movements, which made Chilwell very confortable joining either the midfield battle when needed or having enough time to pick the bal wide.

His idea was not bad, he just didn't had the right players to do it.

HailtotheKing

Maybe if you focused on your own teams problems instead of blaming your failures on others you might improve? Also more than a little rich for a United fan to be whining about clubs having too much money.
Big difference when you earn your money yourself instead of being bankrolled. We are held back by our owners not the other way around. If we were allowed to spend what we earned we’d be in a far better position.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Big difference when you earn your money yourself instead of being bankrolled.
No, not really. At different times in all our clubs we've had owners come in who either brought money or didn't and it determined the success of our clubs. You had success at a time when you could build a good commercial brand off that, and fair play to you, but ultimately money is money. There's no clubs with some big moral superiority here. Just different levels of unfairness. If you cared about all clubs being equal, then we'd have strict wage caps and likely no private ownership at all.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
No, not really. At different times in all our clubs we've had owners come in who either brought money or didn't and it determined the success of our clubs. You had success at a time when you could build a good commercial brand off that, and fair play to you, but ultimately money is money. There's no clubs with some big moral superiority here. Just different levels of unfairness. If you cared about all clubs being equal, then we'd have strict wage caps and likely no private ownership at all.
On point

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
Big difference when you earn your money yourself instead of being bankrolled. We are held back by our owners not the other way around. If we were allowed to spend what we earned we’d be in a far better position.
Held back by your owners? United have spent over half a billion pounds since they last won a trophy.

https://talksport.com/football/8871...liverpool-man-city-chelsea-arsenal-tottenham/

It's not a question of being held back but rather not getting value for your money.

HailtotheKing

Held back by your owners? United have spent over half a billion pounds since they last won a trophy.

https://talksport.com/football/8871...liverpool-man-city-chelsea-arsenal-tottenham/

It's not a question of being held back but rather not getting value for your money.
I’d say a combination of both. My point was simply that the other owners are ploughing their own money into the clubs and that’s different from ours who aren’t actually spending their own money.

MikeeMike

I just watched as was ill over the weekend. Sorry if mentioned but the ridiculous dive from Chelsea player after both went for ball. Around 105 minute mark. His launch into the air and subsequent double wrything on floor is a sight to behold.

Jumps up sharpish when City attack. Ref has a word about it.

I cant post a gif but it is a stunning dive.