Man City's inevitable Treble

scottser

I've gone through the 5 stages of grief already to make it easier. Accepted it now.
Why? They still have six matches left to play.
I'm not making any personal inferences, but that type of thinking is reserved for people who leave matches early, premature ejaculators etc.

Also, it is funny seeing the ABUs turn into ABCs these days.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why? They still have six matches left to play.
I'm not making any personal inferences, but that type of thinking is reserved for people who leave matches early, premature ejaculators etc.
The league is done. They just need to beat Madrid at home where they are very very strong. Inter in the final is very fortunate and an absolute piss take really since they should be nowhere near it.

The FA Cup final narrative of us needing to stop a potential treble will be overwhelming and I don't think this squad has the mentality to cope with that pressure whilst also needing to beat a better side. I love lots about this team but we're not there yet.

SteveCoppellFan

City might not even beat Madrid, or even Inter or even United !!

Lets not cry in our beers just yet.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Cissé is a joke…. One of the most embarrassing scenes I’ve ever seen… His side just lost and could be relegated (don’t think he knows at the time), and the first he does is go celebrate with an opposition player.
Cisse didn't give a shit about QPR. That was always obvious. They were in that phase where they were handing out massive contracts to almost any big name who was willing to go there and Cisse was one of them. I believe Julio Cesar and Jermaine Jenas were too. I think QPR's wage bill took up something like 95% of their entire revenue that year.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Should only take a couple of seconds
You would be surprised by the number of fans they have Globally. Just think about the number of fans Chelsea have today to over 20 years ago, the difference is huge. Winning does that.
And City is not just winning they are Obliarating everyone else. If they keep this up for a decade they would have a huge fanbase.

Heinzesight

The real question is why top players like KDB and Bernardo Silva have never tried to leave and join one of the big European clubs, they arnt there because they love the club or dreamed of playing for City when they were a child so its most likely that they are being paid a huge ammount of money that they wont be able to get anywhere else.
Are you trying to tell me the likes of David Silva and Aguero didn’t have posters of Kinky Kinkladze and Uwe Rösler on their bedroom walls? I’m simply not having that :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The real question is why top players like KDB and Bernardo Silva have never tried to leave and join one of the big European clubs, they arnt there because they love the club or dreamed of playing for City when they were a child so its most likely that they are being paid a huge ammount of money that they wont be able to get anywhere else.
This is such a non-factor.

If the money is right and the club can challenge for trophies that nonsense goes out the window for the vast majority of players.

Hackman2210

I fecking hate Citeh. Living in South Wales the proliferation of Citeh fans in unreal - the feckers are everywhere now. If we lose to them in the Cup final it'll be such a disappointing end to the season but the flipside is it may drive us to better things.
Not looking forward to the FA cup final one bit. Also if there is a god, let Real beat them in the champions league and then let the owners leave and the club sink under a mountain of unsustainable debt, Division 1 bound....like the good old days.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Winning the treble with a backdrop of 100+ charges is so inevitable it'd be hilarious if it wasn't so horribly wrong.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Anyone else feel weird about the FA Cup final? It's like I'm not nervous because we're such underdogs.

RedRocket9908

Ive already accepted that we are getting a good smashing .

Im at peace with it.
Ive got a feeling we might beat City, people seem to have a belief that City are unbeatable but they are actually easilly beatable with the right tactics, even Ole managed to beat them a few times.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Ive got a feeling we might beat City, people seem to have a belief that City are unbeatable but they are actually easilly beatable with the right tactics, even Ole managed to beat them a few times.
Im not even letting myself have any hope.

It reminds me of our own treble season - nobody expected Newcastle to beat Untied and it was comfortable for United.

City are just too good and we have no sharp edge

Yakuza_devils

It's a one off game at Wembley. We have 70:30 chance to win the FA Cup (70 to City).

It could go to penalty shootout and football God could be with us.

I think we will at least give them a very good fight.

Prediction: Draw in normal time. Man Utd to win in penalty shootout.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's a one off game at Wembley. We have 70:30 chance to win the FA Cup (70 to City).

That fits the underdog’s philosophy.

Let’s go for it!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Beating them in the cup final would be feckin unreal.
They're a great team but in a one off United are more than capable of doing it and have proven it this season. It's over a 38 game season that they seem to be impossible to compete with but as we proved in 2021, in a one off final they're nowhere near as scary.

Irwin99

That's the spirit. Wish more United fans were like this.

I think as fans we were really disappointed with Maguire's interview before the Liverpool game last year about their potential quadruple and how he was like 'we don't care about that'. Then we proceeded to lose 4-0 with the most abysmal, abject and lifeless performance imaginable. Hopefully this year we'll be fired up, people will remind the players about what this means and we'll give it a really good fight.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city

It would be a weird penalty shootout. De Gea and Ederson both have crap records at saving pens.
United's best chance would be a City player missing completely and City's best chance would be having backup keeper Ortega as keeper which is likely to happen.

ColvaleGoa

I am just feeling that the cup final will be over before half time.

Just need to plan a good session at half time to drown the woes.

I just wish we have not bottled the top 4 too.

Siorac

Anyone else feel weird about the FA Cup final? It's like I'm not nervous because we're such underdogs.
Yeah. We have no chance whatsoever so there's no reason to be nervous. The meaningful part of the season ends against Fulham at Old Trafford and then the goal in the cup final is to avoid a complete and utter humiliation a la the Anfield 7-0. Give them a fight so that it's at least somewhat physically draining before their CL final.

Siorac

If city win the champions league does the premier league not get 5 places next season?
No.

The only way the Premier League can have 5 CL teams in any given season is if the Europa League is won by a team outside the top 4.

Waynne

It's exactly the sort of occasion we tend to come good in
We're losing against City. We'll get pinned in our own half. Our midfield and defence will be pressed to hell and back and City will capitilize on those mistakes.
It's going to be a one sided affair.

I hate to say it but we're nowhere near their level of consistently being able to impose ourselves on a game and pin our opponents back.

Last edited:

Licha M

They seem to have ridiculous luck with injuries this season, I can't remember any player of theirs being out for more than a couple of games.

Back in the middle of March, they were the second best performing team (after Brighton) for games missed by injured players, they missed 49. Liverpool were the most affected with 162, United were at 106.

Even today, they have less injuries than every single club in the league. Just one injury, Ake - who should be back for the weekend. Worst is Forest with 10, United have 8 with the average being around 5 or 6.

Haaland, who would routinely miss double digit games through injury whilst at Dortmund has missed just 3.

Absolute wankers.

Hughie77

I fairness to us, the capacity of The Etihad is 53,000 'or so', so it would be difficult to get an attendance of more than that :)
Yes it should be rammed unless the Gunners allocation was reduced. I bet its not full for Real Madrid either... if OT got 53000 it would look empty. Shame really class players nobody wants to regularly go to watch.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I think you have a chance. When history and the legacy of the only treble every won is on the line I think united just might win.

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
Yes it should be rammed unless the Gunners allocation was reduced. I bet its not full for Real Madrid either... if OT got 53000 it would look empty. Shame really class players nobody wants to regularly go to watch.
You've lost me here I'm afraid :)

It's going to be very difficult for us to get an attendance of over 53000 or so when the capacity of The Etihad is exactly that!

RedRocket9908

Emirates FA Cup Final 2023 match officials

Referee: Paul Tierney (Lancashire FA)

Assistant Referees: Neil Davies (London FA) and Scott Ledger (Sheffield & Hallamshire FA)

Fourth Official: Peter Bankes (Liverpool FA)

Reserve Assistant Referee: Adrian Holmes (West Riding FA)

Video Assistant Referee: David Coote (Nottinghamshire FA)

Assistant VAR: Simon Long (Cornwall FA)