Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal: Who Will Win The Premier League First?

gajender

Likely Chelsea.They just have that knack whoever they're managed by.
Regarding ourselves,I like what we're building but I dont think Ole can/will take us up to that next vital level.
That's not true at all whenever Chelsea have won the title they were managed by very good managers.

Web of Bissaka

Pool and City have only one way to go -> down. Doubt they will improve nor remain at their level for too long (another 2 seasons max unless..). We shouldn't ignore Leicester, who is always on the top toes, who will snatch any opportunities they can get to climb higher. And I can see Vardy still hitting targets for many more years.
  1. Chelsea is the favorite. Their summer window is already done isn't it, wouldn't surprise me if they add more. Out of those, chances are high there'll be another superstar to propel them to glory.
  2. United is promising but then injury to Bruno and Pogba then well... newer signings may improve the chances.
  3. Spurs will depends on whether Mourinho can pull another rabbit out of the hat --> budget signings, management of money and promoting/improving players within.

Zambara

Would anyone be surprised if United had another disappointing summer where Lingard and Pereira end up staying, we get stuck with Sanchez too, and the only new arrival is someone like Grealish? Chelsea have already done great business and the betting markets price them to do even more. United have it all to do, and don't look particularly close to signing anyone.
The obsession people have with "removing the deadwood" is so pointless. It's like an OCD irritant for some people, unrelated to football. Our future does not hinge in any way on getting rid of Andreas Pereira.

Chelsea have some expensive arrivals pre-booked for summer, and have a good team already. But United have basically been able to put out our, plausibly complete, best team for...2 games this season I guess?

I think they need their arrivals to get their squad on the same level.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I still think Chelsea, it won't be under Lampard though

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Chelsea seem willing/capable of operating in the transfer market on a level above right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they caught Man City next season.

Arsenal and Spurs are miles off. Jury is still out on us right now. Lots depends on how we end the season and approach this coming window.

Sadly, the league looks ready for a period of Liverpool domination over the next couple of seasons.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
25/1 is a bit of an outlier for United, most bookies offering 12/1, 14/1 or 16/1. There's not too much between Chelsea and United, but Chelsea right to be slightly favoured.

A lot of Chelsea's poor form at times was of your own making. Lampard has now realised that many of Chelsea's kids are neither ready nor that great, and your form has picked up since he has accepted that your senior players are the ones who should be playing. You've already signed Werner and Ziyech to join them too.

Would anyone be surprised if United had another disappointing summer where Lingard and Pereira end up staying, we get stuck with Sanchez too, and the only new arrival is someone like Grealish? Chelsea have already done great business and the betting markets price them to do even more. United have it all to do, and don't look particularly close to signing anyone.
I'm sorry but you're wrong about Lampard and the kids. Lampard has realised that you can't rely solely on kids for a potential 50+ games season no matter how GOOD they are as their natural inconsistencies and inexperience will definitely show on the course of the season. That's why you retained seasoned pros like Giroud,Azpi,Willian,Pedro,Caballero to help in those instances.
That's why instead of putting all our eggs in a 20 year old Sancho to replace Willian and Pedro, we've split that potential amount for two experienced players on top of their game right now in Ziyech and Werner.
We are where we are because of the kids and we aren't higher up the table because they are still kids.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
I really don't see Liverpool establishing any form of dominance whatsoever. Still think City will be the team to beat next season, especially if their ban holds. People are forgetting the sacrifices this Liverpool team have had to make just to lift the title this season, going out of all the cups, playing pretty much the same lineup for every game whiles being extremely lucky with injuries to those first XI players, doing barely enough to scrap wins in a lot of games and their failing form before the break.
I don't think they can sustain this for the next two seasons. They'll still be good of course but I personally think next season will be one of the closest top 4 pl title race in recent memory simply because lightning ain't striking twice in the same place for Liverpool.

Reactions: Penna

Schneckerl

Chelsea or United.

Arsenal won't compete until Kroenke is gone; I feel Spurs' window of contending is over, and they missed their chance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I really don't see Liverpool establishing any form of dominance whatsoever. Still think City will be the team to beat next season, especially if their ban holds. People are forgetting the sacrifices this Liverpool team have had to make just to lift the title this season, going out of all the cups, playing pretty much the same lineup for every game whiles being extremely lucky with injuries to those first XI players, doing barely enough to scrap wins in a lot of games and their failing form before the break.
I don't think they can sustain this for the next two seasons. They'll still be good of course but I personally think next season will be one of the closest top 4 pl title race in recent memory simply because lightning ain't striking twice in the same place for Liverpool.
This is lovely and that but they've already kept a high level for two years with the same team.

Their key players are all peak age or a bit younger.

City have gaping holes. They need a big defender a Silva replacement (Foden having a good game last week doesn't mean he's suddenly starting 40games next year) and Aguero is on the wane with Jesus nowhere near a like for like replacement.

Top 4 will be the same battle as ever.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow, Chelsea's odds relative to United are insane. Cannot think of a reason that we'd be 56% favoured over United, unless there's some insider transfer info we're not privy to.
Agreed. Can't at all see them as being a better bet than us.
An Ajax winger and Werner coming in may be good signings but nothing is certain.

AshRK

As of now I would have to go with chelsea. They have added two quality attackers who will make a good difference to their side. If they add a quality lb then they are stronger than us. We must sign sancho or atleast a quality right winger ourselves..we cannot make excuses of being hit by covid etc. If we sign sancho and keep pogba then I would say we also have a good shot of winning the league soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea will win it next season. Liverpool won’t retain it and I think city are a couple of years from winning it again.

United need 3 starters to win it, I think we’ll put all eggs in the Sancho basket.
Chelsea won't win it next season.
I don't even think they'll win the " league below " Liverpool and City

fps

Chelsea. They have great years and fallow years, they invest heavily when they need to and a lot of their top players then seriously turn up season long. Won’t be with Kepa in goal though, the AVB of keepers.

Needham

Spurs will never ever win the Premier League. And I do mean ever. They've got those nifty pint serving thingamajigs and feck all else.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Too early to say if Chelsea will bounce back from this. If they aign 4-5 key new players they could challenge Pep-Klopp.

Arsenal and Spurs are in a very bad place, and their most pessimistic fans know it.

Utd? Like Chelsea, the next transfer window will be dramatically important.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
A lot of Chelsea's poor form at times was of your own making. Lampard has now realised that many of Chelsea's kids are neither ready nor that great, and your form has picked up since he has accepted that your senior players are the ones who should be playing. You've already signed Werner and Ziyech to join them too.
I couldn't disagree more, we're currently in the top four mainly because of our youngsters.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The obsession people have with "removing the deadwood" is so pointless. It's like an OCD irritant for some people, unrelated to football. Our future does not hinge in any way on getting rid of Andreas Pereira.

Chelsea have some expensive arrivals pre-booked for summer, and have a good team already. But United have basically been able to put out our, plausibly complete, best team for...2 games this season I guess?

I think they need their arrivals to get their squad on the same level.
United won’t be adding to the squad if it means Lingard, Pereira and Sanchez being stuck at the club, but unable to play due to registration limits. That’s why removing deadwood matters. We need players to leave permanently or at worst on loan to free up space for new arrivals.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Chelsea and united will join the top 2 as they drop off, City dropping first and Liverpool 2nd. We need Sancho though to keep pace.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea and united will join the top 2 as they drop off, City dropping first and Liverpool 2nd. We need Sancho though to keep pace.
I'm interested to see the business City make this summer. Both Chelsea and Umited can catch them. They're only 9 points ahead of us currently. That's not an insurmountable gab to close.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
As good as they are, i think Liverpool will be a one-off, they have spent so much the last 2 seasons, they can't carry on like this. And we've started to see some cracks when their first 11 isn't available. If City doesn't spend another billion it will be Chelsea then maybe United after. I can't see Arsenal making any challenge for a good 5 years and Spurs will never win it as is tradition.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm interested to see the business City make this summer. Both Chelsea and Umited can catch them. They're only 9 points ahead of us currently. That's not an insurmountable gab to close.
I also think Pep will leave far sooner than Klopp. Don't think he stays past 2 more years, and this City side will need a big rebuild at that time.

ReddevilTinu

Chelsea have bought quickly and wisely. This ensures that they have proper team integration. We need to buy at the earliest. I don't get why we cannot deal as Chelsea have dealt in Transfer Market

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Comfortably Chelsea or United.

Arsenal I don’t think will win it again unless they get a takeover.

Spurs even with Mourinho have so many quality players near the end of their careers or looking for a bigger move I just can’t see them ever competing in the next 5 years.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd say it's all pretty relative to who has the most players at their peak. Liverpool have alot of players in the bracket. VVD 29, Mane, Firmino, Salah all 28, Henderson 30. In fact looking at their team it's on the older end of the spectrum and is approaching a rebuild. I'm not sure if Klopp will be willing to do that either.

City have highlighted how difficult it can already be when you lose a key player of age (Kompany) and they have Aguero at 32, Fernandinho and with Silva leaving at the end of the season. They might struggle.

Chelsea have a number of young players but the main core of their team isn't young. Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho closer to 30 than 20 and Azipulcueta needs replacing imminently.

United I feel are best placed long term given the age of the squad and what is being built. In the immediate future though I think Chelsea given the peak ages but I also think Liverpool have another season or so with this current batch before they need to overhaul.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'd say it's all pretty relative to who has the most players at their peak. Liverpool have alot of players in the bracket. VVD 29, Mane, Firmino, Salah all 28, Henderson 30. In fact looking at their team it's on the older end of the spectrum and is approaching a rebuild. I'm not sure if Klopp will be willing to do that either.

City have highlighted how difficult it can already be when you lose a key player of age (Kompany) and they have Aguero at 32, Fernandinho and with Silva leaving at the end of the season. They might struggle.

Chelsea have a number of young players but the main core of their team isn't young. Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho closer to 30 than 20 and Azipulcueta needs replacing imminently.

United I feel are best placed long term given the age of the squad and what is being built. In the immediate future though I think Chelsea given the peak ages but I also think Liverpool have another season or so with this current batch before they need to overhaul.
We've already shown we can cope without Kante (probably better without him these days) and we already have ready replacements for Azpi and Jorginho.

My only Eric

Chelsea have made some wise decisions in their recent transfers. I don't think liverpool can keep their momentum for a long time because eventually, their midfield will let them down. Klopp has shown he can take a team to the top but can he keep them at the top?
The Pep Guardiola is my idol will eventually leave city as he often avoids competition. Ole sometimes still seems scared of fully attacking and has a problem making substitutions which is an important skill for a manager who wants to win the league.
Amongst the four teams in the topic, I think chelsea is more likely to win it first if they change manager. If they don't, then Man United will win it first. Mourinho is done and arsenal is arsenal.

Chelsea and Utd both have the ambition and money to win the PL.

I doubt even the most optimistic spurs or arsenal fans believe they will get near to challenging again in the next 5 years.

spurs have clearly missed their chance. They had the top striker in the league for the last 3 years and didn’t get close, now they have Jose and it’s simply not happening with him. They have an ageing squad, a lot of which they should have sold for big money 2 years ago - and you can guarantee when Jose leaves in the next 18 month the squad will be a mess.

When was the last time Arsenal won the league - 15 years ago? They do t have the appetite to invest in order to challenge. We all know that’s not happening.

paulscholes18

Us - with the right signings, say Sancho and Grealish, this season our biggest weakness has been the quality in the final 3rd, when Martial and Pogba we’re out our front 6 was

McTominy Fred/ Matic
Pereira Mata James
Rashford

Zero creativity in the defeats to Weat Ham, Bournemouth and Newcastle

If Sancho & Grealish come in, if Martial and Pogba are injured at the same time our front 6 would look like

Matic Bruno
Sancho Grealish Rashford
Ighalo

That team looks like it can still do a number vs the likes of West Ham, Bournemouth and Newcastle

Chelsea have added real quality with Werner & Ziyech, if they add Havertz that would give them a disgusting front 6 of
Jorginho Kante
Ziyech Havertz Pulisic
Werner

But it doesn’t help solve there defensive shape out of possession, conceded 41 same as 15th place Brighton, very hard to with the league with a leaky defence. Think our 99/00 side with 45 conceded is the highest by a premier league winning side.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Honestly, I think it might be Chelsea who win it next and then the next likely is Utd.

Spurs probably wont win it but they're more likely than us. I dont see a massive issue with their squad but more of a mentality issue comparable to us circa 2008

Arsenal, well we probably wont win it ever again even with a takeover as we'd have fallen too behind the pack by that point for it to make a difference. Only way we probably could if we have some Messi level talent come from our youth team and the rest of the youth team are up to it and come through.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
The OP has made a mistake and seems to have left Everton off this list.
I agree infact you guys are more likely to win it than us. OP remove Arsenal from the list and Arsenal from the top 6. We dont deserve to be there anymore.

IRELANDUNITED

Man City 10/11

Liverpool 5/4

Chelsea 10/1

Man Utd 14/1

Tottenham 50/1

Arsenal 80/1

Odds on Paddy Power for the title next season, I think that's fair. They expect a 2 horse race again with ourselves and Chelsea as dark horses, which is fair. As much as I love how we are playing since we signed Bruno we are still a bit away from being title contenders, we need another forward (Sancho!) and maybe a full back, but most importantly we need to keep our best 11 on the pitch more consistently.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
As good as they are, i think Liverpool will be a one-off, they have spent so much the last 2 seasons, they can't carry on like this. And we've started to see some cracks when their first 11 isn't available. If City doesn't spend another billion it will be Chelsea then maybe United after. I can't see Arsenal making any challenge for a good 5 years and Spurs will never win it as is tradition.
Energy or money? We spent nothing last summer and the year before, we spent a lot but Alisson was signed using the Coutinho money.
We have recruited some of the best nutritionists and sport-scientists in the game which is how we manage to keep our players fit for the majority of the time. Klopp has also adapted to the league and we don't play the gegen-pressing game for a full 90mins that we did in his first 2 or 3 years.
I think we'll get into the 90s next season but depending on our recruitment over this and next summer, I'm not sure how we'll get on the following season.