Man Utd close in on world-record £70m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with Chinese firm Haier

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
People were making so much noise in the potential Saudi takeover thread.

I suppose bulldozing Uighers and Hong Kong protesters is fine!

Yakuza_devils

Their founder, Zhang Ruimin, is a Chinese politician. And I wouldn't doubt that any corporation In China has ties to the government in some form or another.
Get off your high horse. Just so that u know, American government is no better than Chinese government. Meddling and killing millions in middle east.

Just keep to the topic of shirt sponsorship. Go other thread if u want to talk about politics.

Last edited:

passing-wind

Don't know about others but I've become obtuse to anything going on off field because under the glazers especially like every other acquisition or advance we will have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Dante

Average bang
Well it looks a million times better than Chevrolet.

With the black Adidas logo and the black crest, black lettering for Haier would be less of a clash.

In fact, if Haier were printed in black, it wouldn't even look like a football kit, imo. It would look like a regular branded T-shirt. In terms of wearability, that's the dream.

cyril C

Is this logo on our shirts supposed to make the players remember to get us higher up the table?
Without this Logo or the money behind it, we can't sign players who might get us higher up the table.

Yakuza_devils

People were making so much noise in the potential Saudi takeover thread.

I suppose bulldozing Uighers and Hong Kong protesters is fine!
Please enlighten us how China bulldoze HK protesters. Preferably with some facts. Thank you.

PTSTSL

They bought Candy.

That will be the shirt sponsor. fecking 'Candy'.

The clubs fall will be complete at that point. May as well get Souness in for Ole.

Fridge chutney

I've recently worked on an article with my students about their CEO and the story of him smashing defunct fridges with a sledgehammer to increase their creativity.

I think it's my doing lads, no need to thank me. Just change my name to 海尔的老板 .
:nervous:

Sanche7

Hopefully no clauses about reduced fee if we miss the champions league this time around
IIRC that's the Adidas deal. Chevrolet only had one clause - Dec in sponsorship fee if we get relegated.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Meanwhile there are rumours of us going digging deep in other club's thrash bin for loan deals this January.

spaceboyRSA

You think you've got it
Oh, you think you've got it
But got it just don't get it when there's nothin' at all
We get together
Oh, we get together
But separate's always better when there's feelings involved
Know what they say -its
Nothing lasts forever!
Dammit, now that songs in my head. Heeeeeey yaaaaa

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Disgusting. I don't want any ties with China or Saudi. Why can't we ever have good, honorable and noble men like Jim Radcliffe?

glueman

Their founder, Zhang Ruimin, is a Chinese politician. And I wouldn't doubt that any corporation In China has ties to the government in some form or another.
The CEO Rui , A life long communist member . Been in the CCP Central committee for two terms . Corporate ownership comprised Govt and “private “ shares .

glueman

Please enlighten us how China bulldoze HK protesters. Preferably with some facts. Thank you.
If you happened to watch some development over the months you would not miss actions from local Police , Endorsed by Communist China to fire tear gases , live rounds at protesting crowd , plainclothes cops driving towards protesting crowd ... and numerous other Police violence incidents . Of course You may say you don’t understand the situation in Hong Kong as the GOAT LeBron echoed the other month.

mu4c_20le

Yeah far from ideal. Who owns the company? Chinese government or privately run? Not that there is a huge distinction really.
It's only a shirt sponsor, but it is privately owned by a guy who is in the communist party, but is more businessman than politician. No blood on the shirts, only detergent.

RUCK4444

While we are it let’s stop wearing the kit altogether, if we can’t have sponsors or manufacturers of the shirt who have any possible links to anything bad.

Let’s have our kit hand stitched in the hilltops of the Swiss Alps, sponsored by green peace.
Then and only then will I be confident that my club has a moral compass as great as mine.

Seriously though I’m sure people here just enjoy making everything about United a negative.
You would think we were having our kit made in North Korea and sponsored by Jim’ll Fix It. Ffs

Mr. Meeseeks

Woodward at his best if true. You've got to hand it to the man, he knows how to do good business for the club. But I am going to wait until more sources pick this up before believing it completely.

Stepney73

tell you what let's not bother with anyone who may or may not have any sort of shady past and just let extinction rebellion own the club with Greenpeace as shirt sponsors :nono:

Glazers out

Saudis in
Chinese in

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm pretty sure people who get upset about sponsors' logos should be on the Register. With massive pink highlighter all over their name.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Disgusting. I don't want any ties with China or Saudi. Why can't we ever have good, honorable and noble men like Jim Radcliffe?
Because even he said it'd be crazy to invest in a football club. So we're stuck with multi nationals

Brophs

The One and Only
He's too bloody busy shoving loads of microplastics down dolphins' blow holes.