Man Utd fans asked about safe standing at Old Trafford

Maticmaker

Standing up to watch a match is something I did for many years and I enjoyed it, even the mad rush when you went careering down six or seven steps when the play came near to your side of the pitch. Obviously as tragically Hillsborough showed it was too dangerous and had to be halted, also I'm now too old to stand for the full ninety (plus) minutes and need to sit down (arthritis in hip).
I do however think it is a good idea to try to re-introduce safe standing areas, these should also be available in every area of the ground, obviously the back rows and the upper tiers would be the best arrangement, to facilitate good views for both the 'standers' and the 'sitters.
Legislation would have to change first and strict rules applied, but it is possible.

Cpt Negative

I'd prefer not to have it.
Introduce safe standing and you will have clubs like Liverpool, Newcastle and others with these amazing safe standing areas providing so much atmosphere.
Then you will have ours as dreary and probably recognised as one of the worst in the country.
So no thanks. If you think our standing area would be anything like Celtics you are well and truly off with the fairies.
When was the last time you heard a good atmosphere at Anfield? It's one of footballs biggest myths. Ours isn't great either, but at least mention a team that actually has a good atmosphere

Judas

Open to offers
Anfield is good on the biggest of European nights, but the idea that its rocking every week is a load of cobblers these days. Just as many "tourists" as us but in a smaller ground.

BlueHaze

Bring this to all arenas and maybe the grounds would finally be rocking instead of being dead silent for most of the time like these days.