Man Utd legends v Real Madrid legends

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Should never sold Ruud to Real - we could've had him for the full 90 :(

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm not even joking when I say that Ruud come into this team next season and outscore everyone on our team other than Hernandez, Rooney and RvP :lol:
That was a hidden dig at Welbeck! :D

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No mention of the transfer war chest. Sack Gill!

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
I am livid that I missed it sounds like it was a great game and big names where out there also.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Forget 06-09, Ruud would still do a decent job now, Larsson style.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
A few pics from today

Also, it was for a good cause you miserable bastard Sparky and for your information the pitch is being ripped up tomorrow so it mattered not a feck.

Biggest cheer of the day for Fergie and quality him joining in the Mexican wave, legend.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Should never sold Ruud to Real - we could've had him for the full 90 :(
I still, all these years later, grieve over Ruud's departure. Would we have had the greatest club XI of all time from 06 to the day Ronaldo left us had we not sold Ruud? Maybe. And maybe, just maybe, Ronaldo might not have left us had we done back to back trebles with Ruud at the front of the line.

kps88

I still, all these years later, grieve over Ruud's departure. Would we have had the greatest club XI of all time from 06 to the day Ronaldo left us had we not sold Ruud? Maybe. And maybe, just maybe, Ronaldo might not have left us had we done back to back trebles with Ruud at the front of the line.
You make it sound like he was amazing his entire stay with us. His performances seriously dropped towards the end. I don't think he would have been an improvement on Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo/Saha. The beauty of that front line was its mobility. And didn't Ruud and Ronaldo apparently hate each other?

He left at the right time for me. The real shame was his peak coincided with us having a pretty average team.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
I managed to get some decent seats for this, it was as close as i'll ever get to being on the Madrid Bench anyway! Had chance to talk with Makalele, Salgado & Emilio Burtagueno (SP) here's just a few of the pics....

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I managed to get some decent seats for this, it was as close as i'll ever get to being on the Madrid Bench anyway! Had chance to talk with Makalele, Salgado & Emilio Burtagueno (SP) here's just a few of the pics....

Nice one! You were sitting right next to many legends of our club right there! I'm so jealous of you right now.

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari
You make it sound like he was amazing his entire stay with us. His performances seriously dropped towards the end. I don't think he would have been an improvement on Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo/Saha. The beauty of that front line was its mobility. And didn't Ruud and Ronaldo apparently hate each other?

He left at the right time for me. The real shame was his peak coincided with us having a pretty average team.

2001/02 Manchester United 32 23 Premier League
2002/03 Manchester United 34 25 Premier League
2003/04 Manchester United 32 20 Premier League
2004/05 Manchester United 17 6 Premier League
2005/06 Manchester United 35 21
Premier League

His performances seriously dropped towards the end.???? You can't be serious .

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Premier League

It was sad how things ended. He was still a prolific striker but we needed somebody mobile for the style we wanted and Ruud was too good to be on the bench. I remember he was so far ahead in the golden boot and as he played less and less Henry caught up to him then passed him. We have not has a more natural goalscorer in the last 20 years he scored in all games against all teams.

jeff_goldblum

As I understand it Ruud was annoyed because the service he got from Ronaldo wasn't as good as what he'd previously gotten from Beckham and had a go at Ronaldo in training for being selfish or whatever. Ronaldo got upset and Ruud said something like 'why don't you go and cry to your daddy?' meaning Carlos Quieroz who Ronaldo was close to at the time, but it was poor timing as Ronaldo's actual father had recently died.

Not that the details really matter, when it comes down to it SAF had 2 players who had an issue which he didn't want to affect performance on the pitch, he saw one as being the future of the club and the other as replaceable, given that we'd signed Rooney the previous year. By all measures, Ruud was incredibly consistent for us, even in his injury plagued 2004/5 season he scored 16 goals for us in 27 games, but he moved on and so did we.

kps88

Premier League

He was consistent when it came to scoring goals, but his all round performances seriously dropped towards the end. There would have been no issue with him and SAF if he kept up the same performance level.