Manager draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yep, I didn't want to post it beforehand, but chickened out a bit. Was saving it for later :lol:
Exactly my thoughts at the time, looked like something you were keeping up your sleeve :lol: See? That's why no manager should be given an easy ride!

antohan

"There will be 2 reinforcements per round after R1 till finals."

So 2 picks.
A bit too much tbh, not just in this draft. Two upgrades between the semi and final, from the semi elimination pool no less, could completely transform any side, which is at the detriment of having drafted and planned upgrades well.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Oh, I thought that there would be only 1 pick before the final. Need a few minutes then, though it's not like there is a choice for me

antohan

Oh, I thought that there would be only 1 pick before the final. Need a few minutes then, though it's not like there is a choice for me
You could always take a leaf out of Gio's book here, for the romance of playing him upfront, not that it would wind up being an upgrade...

Edit: Awesome brainfart that, getting Rivera and Riva mixed up. :lol:

Last edited:

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
I would have picked Brehme over Kohler. You could have tried Brehme as a right back if you needed more attacking threat. But, I can see why you wanteed Kohler.

Annahnomoss

This draft has moved well lads. Has kept the interest up as a result. Good work
Yeah, it has been a really high pace draft. I've not done anything to push it on either, so it has just been down to luck.

antohan

I would have picked Brehme over Kohler. You could have tried Brehme as a right back if you needed more attacking threat. But, I can see why you wanteed Kohler.
That's a great shout actually. I thought about Brehme and concluded Kohler made more sense than trying to upgrade Cabrini there, yet on the right... That said, 3-5-2 would have made for an incredibly tedious final with both sides waiting for the other to attack. Unless EAP went for that 3-2-5 he was sporting earlier :lol:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I thought about Brehme and concluded Kohler made more sense than trying to upgrade Cabrini there
I thought Kohler was a no-brainer, just for his physical presence and a bit more height. Scirea was a surprisingly good header for his height, but still, I always thought it was a bit of a weak spot until Brio became a regular starter, who simply added height. It is quite useful when you have to defend three huge Dutch players inside the box. If not in open play, at least at set-pieces.

antohan

I thought Kohler was a no-brainer, just for his physical presence and a bit more height. Scirea was a surprisingly good header for his height, but still, I always thought it was a bit of a weak spot until Brio became a regular starter, who simply added height. It is quite useful when you have to defend three huge Dutch players inside the box. If not in open play, at least at set-pieces.
I thought that was the point in Matthäus?

TBH, I hadn't been keeping an eye on potential upgrades and tactical switches. The only real eye-sore in both finalists was Casillas for EAP, it's not just you needed an Italian there but also Casillas being more a shot-stopper and crap at crosses, which Batistuta would have tried to exploit. In fact, would have been really funny if harms got him just to screw around with EAP, he was probably the only contested pick out there!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I thought that was the point in Matthäus?
??? I don't get it, in what way does Matthäus help to add height? It's the one thing that Rijkaard definitely has on him, in abundance actually.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
??? I don't get it, in what way does Matthäus help to add height? It's the one thing that Rijkaard definitely has on him, in abundance actually.
He confused him with Arnie again

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That's a great shout actually. I thought about Brehme and concluded Kohler made more sense than trying to upgrade Cabrini there, yet on the right... That said, 3-5-2 would have made for an incredibly tedious final with both sides waiting for the other to attack. Unless EAP went for that 3-2-5 he was sporting earlier :lol:
Aye, Brehme on the right was part of our masterplan.