Manager's Press Conference | Watford v Manchester United | Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | Premier League

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Still... a 30 minute preparations by a GCE level student could come up with better word salad. But nope. That's too much to ask.
That I did talk about, in my original post. I'm not being funny but do you have any idea what you're responding to right now? Like, everything I've said was said in my initial comment.

Denis79

What exactly are people wanting him to say?
People are angry but are directing it at the wrong person. If i let my 14 year old park the car and he scratches it, who's fault is it? People should turn their anger towards the Glazers for letting him keep the job when he clearly isn't up for it.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
How is all clubs taking part in the same inane media ritual every week unacceptable for a club of United's stature?
I'm replying to this. That it's unacceptable for united level club not prepping their manager to come up with better words. We prepped better for office dinner talks than the manager of the worlds biggest football club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People are angry but are directing it at the wrong person. If i let my 14 year old park the car and he scratches it, who's fault is it? People should turn their anger towards the Glazers for letting him keep the job when he clearly isn't up for it.
Can your car resign?

RedDevil@84

Good or the sensitive kid would have got hurt.
He spent several games running around like a headless chicken when some policemen scared him in Greece. If Ole takes away the captaincy, don't know what would happen to him.

Foxbatt

Maybe he is reading from a script? Given by the club? It's obvious that he is not going push Maguire under the bus but he has pushed some players without mentioning names.
The press should have asked who are those players feigning injury.

jimmyb2000

We should be OK....Ole says we've worked on a few things in training so that's good enough for me. Granted he didn't go into any detail or elaborate on what those few things were but I trust him. Any manager that consistently picks a midfield 2 of Fred and Mctomminy definitely knows his onions.

croadyman

We should be OK....Ole says we've worked on a few things in training so that's good enough for me. Granted he didn't go into any detail or elaborate on what those few things were but I trust him. Any manager that consistently picks a midfield 2 of Fred and Mctomminy definitely knows his onions.
Wow your expectations are a bit low if that's all it takes for you to think it's good enough

Daengophile

It's a fact that the "press" have lost the art of pressing.

Manchester United are no different in that respect

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
You just know Watford are going to score in the first 10 minutes.

Tap

Yes, the pressure to succeed is enormous. Very few are able to deal with the flak that comes their way if they aren't winning trophies.

Is there a more pressurised job in the whole of football?
Real, Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Juve are certainly way less forgiving.

Ole is a failed manager who is still going strong after multiple trophy-less seasons and poor runs. If anything, the question should be: is there a more forgiving job in the whole of football?

wolvored

Maybe he is reading from a script? Given by the club? It's obvious that he is not going push Maguire under the bus but he has pushed some players without mentioning names.
The press should have asked who are those players feigning injury.
Hes obviously coached. Notice the sound bites are all the same. Hes also not struggling so much when talking, or thinking what to say as he used to. Another sign of coaching.

red4ever 79

Good or the sensitive kid would have got hurt.
He spent several games running around like a headless chicken when some policemen scared him in Greece. If Ole takes away the captaincy, don't know what would happen to him.
Yup our Harry is not one to hide on a treatment table. Instead he would rather play half fit and be at fault for goals conceding against Leicester. Excellent management Ole, not only to pick him when not fit, but then to admit a month later that he wont hide on the treatment table. Our manager lads.

lilcurt

Lost all respect and credibility as a manager. Can't put an ounce of trust in anything he says. Sadly just a puppet of the board.

Jonathan Brown

Supports
Newcastle United
You guys will smash Watford tomorrow and the yo-yoing about Ole on here will start all over again. His defense of Harry is admirable. Thought he came out swinging. Next few games will be easy so he will get a reprieve. He ain't going nowhere. His best press conference in ages.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ok Ole, that's the last straw. Either he's playing mind games to motivate the guy, or he's lost it
For all his faults, he's not Mourinho. He's not going to chuck players under the bus in press conferences. He's always taken the road of defending players that are under contract with us, even when in the process of trying to move them on as with the "Sanchez is going to come back and prove you all wrong" stuff.

There's plenty to attack in Ole's tactics/selections/coaching etc, but I don't really get going after him for what he says or doesn't say in pressers where he inevitably just turns up and tries to make the right noises, because that's about all you can do.

sugar_kane

Interesting that no-one is more interested in the quote about Maguire not faking injury to get out of games, that's quite a statement to make - especially in light of Pogba just having had yet another injury.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His obsession with Maguire, Jones and Lingard need to stop. Sometimes you feel like Ole sees them as mates, he's overly protective of them.

Last edited:

::sonny::

ole bla bla bla

Talked about the importance of this international break

another liar

All the players in vacation for more than 1 week

no trainings, no tactical workout

a disgrace, and you can see this reflected during the games

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Defends his captain and somehow it's a bad thing. This place.

RUCK4444

I tend to agree with him regarding Maguire, gets treated like a dog by many fans, well here anyway. He’s a good player and will have a good career.

It would be the worst thing he could do as a manager to strip him of the armband at this point.

Interesting regarding the ‘hiding on the treatment table’ line, in my eyes that’s Bailly and Jones.

Lecland07

For all his faults, he's not Mourinho. He's not going to chuck players under the bus in press conferences. He's always taken the road of defending players that are under contract with us, even when in the process of trying to move them on as with the "Sanchez is going to come back and prove you all wrong" stuff.

There's plenty to attack in Ole's tactics/selections/coaching etc, but I don't really get going after him for what he says or doesn't say in pressers where he inevitably just turns up and tries to make the right noises, because that's about all you can do.
You could see this as positive or negative. Mourinho actually, kindly, got himself sacked quite quickly by doing this. It was a considerate move from Mourinho. Solskjaer is just prolonging the inevitable, like a horse with no legs trying to drag itself across the line.

Idxomer

Interesting that no-one is more interested in the quote about Maguire not faking injury to get out of games, that's quite a statement to make - especially in light of Pogba just having had yet another injury.
The only interesting bit about that is he's happy playing them even if they're not fully fit.

::sonny::

I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-Ching
I don't believe in Bible
I don't believe in Tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in Kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmerman
I don't believe in Beatles
I don't believe in OLE

redshaw

Has he been burning the midnight oil devouring all the games tactics and coaching while on holiday?