Manager's Press Conference | Watford v Manchester United | Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | Premier League

the_cliff

Journos need to get their act together and think of questions that do not generate the same scripted answers that Ole always falls back on.
Those are the only questions being allowed to be asked. Which is why usually Post match interviews have more saucy stuff as the club can't control those while they can control press conferences.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yes, the pressure to succeed is enormous. Very few are able to deal with the flak that comes their way if they aren't winning trophies.

Is there a more pressurised job in the whole of football?
At United? Ole is severely underperforming this season after kinda underperforming in previous seasons, he hasn't won a single trophy in that time, and he is still in his job. What kind of pressure to succeed is that?

There's enormous attention for the club, and that comes with its own challenges and pressures; but I wouldn't say that it's the pressure to succeeed specifically that makes Ole's job hard.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't why you guys do this to yourselves. Watching a press conference from one of the most boring and least inspiring managers in activity.

The midfield general

Just watched it again he is full of shit.Every week we can do better,should do better and we will do better……He is totally out of his depth.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Think you underestimate Ole, he is a tough cookie. The break will have done him well. A few wins and all will be forgiven, if not forgotten. Imperative we win tomorrow though or else he can have no complaints.
Na no forgiveness from me as a fan. He can never be forgiven for those humiliating performances against Liverpool and City.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That title is more detailed that an insurance company marketing phone call after you told them "no".

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't feel his pressers anymore. They just sound like BS and lipservice now. He's said the same thing over and over again before getting trounced.

LJJT

Seems to me he’s come out swinging. Certainly not hiding away. If he can turn it around and get us in a good position by new year he’s doing well.

Zoo

He should be talking about himself not Maguire, VdB, Pogba, Cavani etc. It’s all bullshit.

tomaldinho1

Think you underestimate Ole, he is a tough cookie. The break will have done him well. A few wins and all will be forgiven, if not forgotten. Imperative we win tomorrow though or else he can have no complaints.
Genuinely are you a relative of his? No United fan is going to forget that Pool game, ever.

RedCurry

He should be talking about himself not Maguire, VdB, Pogba, Cavani etc. It’s all bullshit.
So something like this:

Reporter: are you thinking about Harry Maguire and taking the armband from him to ease the pressure on the player? And do you think VdB has a chance to start against Watford?

Ole: I do love fish and chips.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Seems to me he’s come out swinging. Certainly not hiding away. If he can turn it around and get us in a good position by new year he’s doing well.
What makes you think he came out swinging? Seemed to me like every other walking cliche interview he gives for every game.

choccy77

This was pitiful to watch.

Ole literally just said the same thing to every question and looked like he was struggling each time he said it.

I bet even if someone asked him what his favourite burger is at McDonald's he would have just repeated the same answers he did with the rest.

He looks now, more than ever totally out of depth and shell-shocked to some degree.

It's sad, because they should have replaced him end of last season.

Job done.. got us to 2nd Brilliant achievement.

Then hire a better quality of manager to aim for 1st place.

Club owners are clueless.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I can't stand listening to him anymore. In Solskjaer's world everything can be achieved with luck, trying hard, and positive vibes. He never talks about football in any meaningful or knowledgeable way. Literally never. He's the physical manifestation of that famously insightful quote "I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win"
Hardly any managers' press conferences contain meaning or insight though. In the same way that hardly any players ever reveal any insight. All anyone ever gets is the same 'one game at a time / it'll be a big test against a very good Watford side' platitudes. They're all media trained to within an inch of their lives.

Unless you're very, very new to football, you must have noticed this?

Blood Mage

The smile is still there but overall I'd say he's starting to develop that same haunted look we saw from Moyes towards the end of his tenure here.

Marwood

Hardly any managers' press conferences contain meaning or insight though. In the same way that hardly any players ever reveal any insight. All anyone ever gets is the same 'one game at a time / it'll be a big test against a very good Watford side' platitudes. They're all media trained to within an inch of their lives.

The journalists are the problem. I can't believe they get one question and ask as they do. As well as repetition they all ask queations they already know the answers to. There's so much more they could enquire about. Make the whole thing more interesting.

Eckers99

The journalists are the problem. I can't believe they get one question and ask as they do. As well as repetition they all ask queations they already know the answers to. There's so much more they could enquire about. Make the whole thing more interesting.
It doesn't exist for entertainment.

And the journalists don't have any more of a clue about tactics as me or you do, so wouldn't even be capable of grilling him. Could you honestly imagine Simon Stone going head to head with Ole about the nuances of 3-5-2?!

Plus they rely on access, so are wary of biting the hand that feeds.

Bottom line is: press conferences are a total waste of time, so it makes no sense for everyone to lose their collective shit at the same time every week. It's just a performance that needn't be taken seriously.

All that really matters is what happens on the pitch. Everything else is just shoddy theatre.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Which is unacceptable for a club of United stature. A GCE level student could mince a better and more meaningful words salad than this repeated gurgle. And yes at one point words is just words, but his pressers when we're doing well isnt that good anyway.

And even if it becomes repetitive some coach still managed a few gems here and there, even LVG is entertaining to the very least.

And people are talking about how ole is a genius. Truth is i think he's bellow average. A person with good iq could come up with more sympathetic answer even if that's all a lie. Heck most caftards who's favorite pastime is posting threads about how their shit stank and the evil smile they put when someone walked into it could have wrote better answer

Eckers99

Which is unacceptable for a club of United stature. A GCE level student could mince a better and more meaningful words salad than this repeated gurgle. And yes at one point words is just words, but his pressers when we're doing well isnt that good anyway.

And even if it becomes repetitive some coach still managed a few gems here and there, even LVG is entertaining to the very least.

And people are talking about how ole is a genius. Truth is i think he's bellow average. A person with good iq could come up with more sympathetic answer even if that's all a lie. Heck most caftards who's favorite pastime is posting threads about how their shit stank and the evil smile they put when someone walked into it could have wrote better answer
How is all clubs taking part in the same inane media ritual every week unacceptable for a club of United's stature?

Red_toad

Looks like he’s ready to cry every presser now. Wish he’d resign as hate seeing the bile aimed at him now.

Eckers99

Football is an inane weekly ritual, why bother as well? Fans gonna complain, why bother?

Am i reading this correctly? Why bother coming up with meaningful words, it's just fans (sheep)
I was talking specifically about press conferences. At no point did I say anything else. So no, you're not reading it correctly.