Manchester City banned from CL for 2 seasons and fined 30 million euros | CAS - Ban lifted, fined 10 million

Irrational.

Embarrassing
This will send a massive statement to those corrupt UEFA bosses. A cartoon drawn on Microsoft Paint in a local park following a virtual whip round for a club who are only relevant or on the map due to being financially roided to the eyeballs. That'll show 'em.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The swines have portrayed David Gill as a pig.

SteveJ

Scout
Yep. In retrospect, I have to wonder why his bartenders were coloured black.
The shameless, capitalist twit...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This was brilliant on so many levels.

Why is a customer being charged £17 in Ireland?
Why are there glory holes
Why haven't the staff been unlocked yet?
Why is there zero vanilla?
Why can I buy light sprite but not light 7-up?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Reports that the verdict of City’s appeal may be delayed until August. Could be a long wait ahead.

Tarrou

Plot twist: UEFA agree to suspend the ban for a year, and the very next day announce there’s no European competition next season

Nick7

Do they realise if FFP was a thing when they were shite, and they didn’t cheat and flout the rules, they wouldn’t have had the success they have had?

Gasolin

They seem to be very confident ? I don’t like this. I hope they lose... I just don’t like how they don’t seem to like the evidences and if they play on the technicalities, they should be shamed for that.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
They seem to be very confident ? I don’t like this. I hope they lose... I just don’t like how they don’t seem to like the evidences and if they play on the technicalities, they should be shamed for that.
Why though? Anyone will do the same if they can win a case that way, it's pretty much standard procedure.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Again, I don't understand why anyone is surprised that they "appear confident". It's their public facing image, that they would maintain either way.

Pep's Suit

Honestly I think the ban will stay. Every time reports say City are 'confident' or 'relaxed' about something then they're usually wrong.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Honestly I think the ban will stay. Every time reports say City are 'confident' or 'relaxed' about something then they're usually wrong.
Think the 2 year ban was probably because they knew they'd get a year knocked off with appeal. Don't see them getting more than a year.

ExecutionerWasp001

Think the 2 year ban was probably because they knew they'd get a year knocked off with appeal. Don't see them getting more than a year.
If they accept any kind of sanctions then this opens them up to sanctions from the PL too. It looks to me that the PL are waiting on the CAS verdict before deciding what action, if any they are going to take against City. If City's ban is upheld by CAS then this could lead to the PL stripping City of titles & imposing a points deduction for the 20/21 season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If they accept any kind of sanctions then this opens them up to sanctions from the PL too. It looks to me that the PL are waiting on the CAS verdict before deciding what action, if any they are going to take against City. If City's ban is upheld by CAS then this could lead to the PL stripping City of titles & imposing a points deduction for the 20/21 season.
Anything is possible but I seriously doubt it. And given the season that seems to be in most interest is their 2014 win that would probably hand the scousers another title by default.

City will get a 1 yr ban and fines I reckon. PL won't go too hard on them is my gut feeling.

Pep's Suit

Well, Premier League's FFP rules are less strict anyway so I wouldn't expect City to be stripped of titles. Plus these charges are related only to 2013-2016 seasons, I believe.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely no-one honestly thinks they'd get titles stripped!
Smart money has to be a one year ban.

iHicksy

The sheer idiocy of asking where FFP was when they were shit.
Imagine being do dense and ignorant that you don't even realise that Fair play had to be created because of your club (and psg) because you were creating fake income streams and giving players and managers second "consultant" contracts and then moaning that FFA didn;t exist when you weren't corrupt.

RUCK4444

I don't expect them to enforce the rules to the full extent (although they should and if that included titles being stripped then of course they should - but they won't.)

I just want them CL banned for a minimum of 1 year, preferably 2 years. They cannot waver this aspect, if they do then every club should just ignore ffp.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't expect them to enforce the rules to the full extent (although they should and if that included titles being stripped then of course they should - but they won't.)

I just want them CL banned for a minimum of 1 year, preferably 2 years. They cannot waver this aspect, if they do then every club should just ignore ffp.
Pretty sure UEFA cant do that as City have won no UEFA competitions - the Premier league has a different set of FFP regs that they enforce independently

Greck

Hope it doesn't get reduced and stands for more than one season. If ever there was a season to skip CL next would be it

SteveJ

Scout

padr81

Supports
Man City
Imagine being do dense and ignorant that you don't even realise that Fair play had to be created because of your club (and psg) because you were creating fake income streams and giving players and managers second "consultant" contracts and then moaning that FFA didn;t exist when you weren't corrupt.
Say what? If we are guilty of those crimes (which it looks like we are) we did them because of FFP, FFP wasn't created because of them. Possibly the stupidest post ever on here, why would they use fake income streams without FFP? literally zero reason for fake income streams if there is no FFP. And the post you quoted is correct his argument was "Imagine if there was FFP when you were shit?", if FFP existed in 1910 United wouldn't exist, nor Arsenal its another ridiculously stupid point..

You also need to view Uefa's original reasoning for bringing in FFP...

padr81

Supports
Man City
Nah its gone too far now. CAS basically will be picking a side, either UEFA were right and judged fairly which will mean the ban stands and we become open to premier league scrutiny as well or the ban doesn't stand and UEFA were wrong which will probably see us try and get rid of FFP afterwards. There can't be a middle ground on this one.

For what its worth, I think Uefa could very well win and we could be in a feck ton of trouble. This is the first time Uefa have sent their legit A legal team to a CAS court and they seem really confident.
Personally I think we're gonna get fecked.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Nah its gone too far now. CAS basically will be picking a side, either UEFA were right and judged fairly which will mean the ban stands and we become open to premier league scrutiny as well or the ban doesn't stand and UEFA were wrong which will probably see us try and get rid of FFP afterwards. There can't be a middle ground on this one.

For what its worth, I think Uefa could very well win and we could be in a feck ton of trouble. This is the first time Uefa have sent their legit A legal team to a CAS court and they seem really confident.
Personally I think we're gonna get fecked.
Man City Chief Executive has said that they have 'irrefutable evidence' that they have not contravened FFP regulations.
If that's correct then UEFA will have seen this proof and either:

1. UEFA handed out the punishment anyway and hoped City wouldn't bother appealing as they would clearly bring this proof before CAS making UEFA look like amateurs (they need no help for that most of the time).
2. UEFA handed out the punishment anyway as there is no such proof and the Chief Executive is just trying to stop his players panicking and leaving the club before CAS have ruled.

Personally, I can't see that UEFA would have punished City as heavily as they have if there wasn't 'irrefutable evidence' that they HAVE contravened FFP.