Manchester City vs. Manchester United

Unam333

I'm a bag of nerves. I know it's silly, but I can't help it. Please let us win tomorrow/ :nervous:

Baxter

DDG
Rafael/Smalling (unsure) Rio Evans Evra
Carrick Scholes
Valencia Rooney Nani
Welbeck​

Rooney as an attack midfielder supporting Welbeck. No where near advanced as last week. That or Rooney up top and Cleverley in behind. As long as we don't go out and out 4-4-2.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
After what SAF said about attacking tomorrow, and trying to win, I have little doubt it will be Welbeck and Rooney. The rest fills itself out from there.

How beautiful would it be to see the boys celebrating a win at full time in the middle of the Council House?

SER19

anybody entertaining the idea of cleverley alongside carrick and scholes? arguments could be made for the need for a third man in their,he took them apart in august,would have no fear and would be very up for it?

tintedsepia

Hearing rumours on Radio 5 Live that Park is expected to start. Anyone think this is a good strategic idea?

WireRed

Hearing rumours on Radio 5 Live that Park is expected to start. Anyone think this is a good strategic idea?
Not at all, especially if it involves him playing centrally...Would send out all the wrong signals aswell, we need to show some intent and get on the front foot as much as we can.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope not. But then again how would they even hear this? Made up completely.
I seriously hope he doesn't start though, he's been horrid all season, doesn't even run around as much anymore now that he's old, certainly not enough to make up for his lack in most other departments. He's gotten pretty slow too. I'd much rather play Young if Nani is injured, but I think Nani will play. If Park starts than that's pretty much one useless player we're playing with judging by his previous performances this season.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Park of the calibre of a season or two ago, without question. The one we have seen on fleeting occasions this year, well he would have to have been pretty impressive in training.

I just don't personally want to see both Giggs and Scholes in the XI that walks out. With Welbeck looking better last week i'd be minded to consider Rooney on the left, somehow we've got to find the right competitive balance in midfield.

Bape

Park of the calibre of a season or two ago, without question. The one we have seen on fleeting occasions this year, well he would have to have been pretty impressive in training.

I just don't personally want to see both Giggs and Scholes in the XI that walks out. With Welbeck looking better last week i'd be minded to consider Rooney on the left, somehow we've got to find the right competitive balance in midfield.
Why not Welbeck on the left, Rooney up top?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Why not Welbeck on the left, Rooney up top?
Two reasons i guess...i would trust Rooney with defensive duties to a greater extent and further believe that he'd edged out Welbeck attacking wise from that perspective. I wouldn't be terribly down if it were the way around, either is a compromise in it s way after all.

Perhaps it is too reactionary on my part, as if not for last week's performance by Welbeck it would be leading the line with less/little debate in my mind.

Art

Art the artist
--------------------------DDG----------------------------

--Rafael----------Rio-----------Evans-------------Evra----

-------------Carrick------------Scholes-------------------

---------------------Rooney------------------------------

--Valencia----------------------------------Nani----------

------------------Wellbeck----------------------------------

We're going to be kicking ourselves if this isn't our starting XI especially in attack.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The Sun is saying that we'll drop Danny and play Park. Now I know what Park brings to us but I seriously don't think that he's good enough for us these days.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If Park *does* play, then Fergie feels he's good enough to make a meaningful contribution - that's enough for me. Surely, he's got a big game in him.

Nervous.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I' ve ummed and aahed over the team I'd like to see all week. Think I've settled on:

DDG

Rafael Evans Rio Evra

Carrick Scholes

Valencia Young Nani

Rooney

---

Looks like one of Nani/Young will drop out for Park, if you believe the papers.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
The Sun is saying that we'll drop Danny and play Park. Now I know what Park brings to us but I seriously don't think that he's good enough for us these days.
How do they know?

Park wouldn't be a bad choice for this game, he's just not a central midfielder. He would play on the wing, with Valencia on the right and Nani (or Young) behind Rooney. He loves such games.

But I still think that if we drop Welbeck, it's going to be Giggs behind Rooney. Experience.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How do they know?

Park wouldn't be a bad choice for this game, he's just not a central midfielder. He would play on the wing, with Valencia on the right and Nani (or Young) behind Rooney. He loves such games.

But I still think that if we drop Welbeck, it's going to be Giggs behind Rooney. Experience.
Strangely, the Independent and the Times are also saying the same thing.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
It's a big day lads! But have no fear we were made for night's like tonight whereas City were made only to exist. Lets give 'em HELL!!!!

Yep i'm pretty much shitting it! In the pub for 5 tonight, get a few down me to ease the nerves and then home to watch the game.

kps88

If Park gives the sort of performance he gave in our last title decider against Chelsea then we're golden. He hasn't been doing much this season, so in theory he should be able to run his guts out. Of course, a few bad touches at the start, a drop in confidence and it could turn out to be a disaster.

MUFCgal

Well this morning, I got up and did all my usual, just the normal morning.......then I remembered tonight! I usually listen to music on my way to work, but instead of grabbing my ipod, I grabbed my mp3 player which has, what I call, my running music on it. It's all music which basically you listen to if working out or jogging.

It basically has the whole Rocky soundtrack, plus a few other ones. Listening to it walking up to work this morning helped settle some big nerves I was having. And I must admit, it's got me quite pumped.

I don't know how I'm going to get through today until 5pm, thank god I'm off work tomorrow.

Lads and lasses.......this is the one :devil:

NewDawnFades

Never been so unable to sleep due to a football game. Couldn't bear it if we lose after the fight back we've made.

togg

Woke up this morning and after a few seconds got butterflies at the realisation that the day had arrived. I really don't think I've been this nervous about a game ever!! It just seems so immense.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
It'll be a stroll in the park.

3-0.

SATA

Yes, i predict a 0-0 as well and i'll take that now. City won't come at us all guns blazing even if they know they need a win. They know if they lose today, they will be completely out of it

steeeb

I really have no idea how this will go.

I think our attack is playing better at the moment, but if we switch it up to have 3 in the middle, then that doesn't count. Aguero/Tevez is pretty damn deadly though.

Argh, I can't call it.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I've been fine all week but woke up this morning a nervous wreck.

I had a dream that we battered them for 90 minutes, then Giggs popped up to score & win the game 0-1. He had pink boots on for some strange reason :D

SER19

I've been fine all week but woke up this morning a nervous wreck.

I had a dream that we battered them for 90 minutes, then Giggs popped up to score & win the game 0-1. He had pink boots on for some strange reason :D
dreams are never fully accurate.im going to interpret it as 1-0 from a nani goal giggs assist,nani being the only player likely to have flashy boots,but not neccesarily pink.