Kick-off
Sat, 7 April 2018 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pyro19

This is the first signs of a team that looks to have given up on the Manager and his system.

Not one of them is giving it even their 80% nevermind their 100%.

giggsziniho

These players are a disgrace no heart, no fight and no pride to play for the shirt. Furthermore we have a manager who thinks he is bigger than the club. Liverpool showed that you can compete with city but after the match the rhetoric from our manager will be I need more money to compete and how small time a club we are compared to this lot.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
    I think Mourinho would still park the bus with Messi and Ronaldo. And then big himself up even though they scored goals inspite of his approach.

Ban

Jose deserves one more season to make this team his own and cut this sort of shite out. But if he can't do that, then questions need to be asked as he will have no excuses to hide behind.

Really don't want to see Smalling or Valencia start next season for us.
    One more season, make or brake.

DevilRed

We can't attack in my opinion because our defence don't provide a solid platform for us to attack. I can't blame Sanchez, Lukaku Lingard and even Pogba because they can't push forward and do their job without exposing our weak defence. It's so obvious to see.
    We can't string two passes together under pressure. Thats the issue.

I'd rather we adopt the route one strategy if we're incapable of passing. Instead of this half and half BS.

Lukaku needs to start bullying their centrebacks a bit more and hold up the ball.

Denis79

Get Pogba off at half and put in McTominay. I'm so tired of him.
    I've been one of Pogbas biggest critics but he is far from the worst on the pitch. Our defenders are getting destroyed by City, Young is having his worst game this season, Herrera is invisible, same with Sanchez. Atleast Pogba is trying to make something happen.

Barnslig

When you say bunch of cnuts you mean us right? City schooled us that half and we barely whimpered. For all I care they can take all the piss that they want and play their music in the locker room as loud as they want. They deserve to be arrogant. Just like when we were in our heyday.

These so called Man Utd players need to man up and at least put some crunching tackles in, rile them up and just do something. Half of them need to go. I want to say Jose feck off too but not sure this is his fault. Our players are just not good enough.
    Yes, absolutely.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    We’ve bought players with incredible reputations. They look lost because there is no system or cohesion. It’s the constant past it, defensive managers that are hindering us.
    Can't disagree with any of that

arnie_ni

All this because Valencia still cant use his left foot. What a pointless corner ffs

Utdstar01

its a matter of talent not balls.
    Oh it's both. Sorry but before and after the 1st goal, it was night and day between our application. Seems the papers are probably right that we are looking for an entire new defence pretty much.

Charles Miller

Lets see the bright side of the situation, if they play this way against Liverpool they will get what they need.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    That's a gross oversimplification of what's going on. Do you honestly think Pogba was good that half? :lol:
    But Pogba wasn't even the worst midfielder, Matic and Herrera have been useless with and without the ball, the attackers could be sat on the bench and we wouldn't notice. And the defenders aren't doing a good job but they are alone facing waves of blue players running at them without being disturbed by anyone. Singling out Pogba is weird.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    When Pogba gets the ball they're on him as a three like flies round sh't. Becasue they know he'll still try to get past them and fail.

rooney2009

The problem is we have our 3 Favourite and most creative players on the bench in Martial,Lukaku and Rashford
    Lukaku is not mobile enough to play a high pressing game and Sanchez offers us nothing compared to Martial and Rashford
    Just can’t wait for this game to be over and hope we don’t get a pasting

UDontMessWith24

There was absolutely nothing in this game until the goal and immediately following that heads drop, panic, slow reactions and finger pointing. Fair or not as this is FAR from the first time we've seen this you have to start looking at the manager.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
    How many times have we said that this season?
    It’s the entire squads fault mate, nothing to do with Mourinho and his prehistoric tactics and man management.

It will all be fine once we’ve replaced every single player Mourinho inherited.

That’s what many on here will have you believe.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    Oh it's both. Sorry but before and after the 1st goal, it was night and day between our application. Seems the papers are probably right that we are looking for an entire new defence pretty much.
    we're not a championship side (although a big chunk of our players would look comfortable there). Talent should do the talking not 'balls'

MrBest

You make it sound like he’s been given peanuts to spend. He’s spent hundreds of millions of pounds.

Mourinho has failed at getting anything close to the best out of this group, which is something 95% of managers have to do when they join a club.

This idea that the whole squad needs replacing is bloody ridiculous.
    Agreed. Jose spent the second highest in 2 years. Over 250m. Yes may be just under half of city but we are not even good enough to wipe there boots. Our players play for themselves not for each other or the fans. If you look at city team it has no one stand out person. De Bryune silva sterling sane Jesus augero all have at different parts of the season received plaudits. Pep appreciates his whole team whereas Jose only focuses on lukaku and matic. Everyone else seems to have an issue or something wrong with them. The team lacks unity. I really really wish we got Klopp. Would of fixed us.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
    All he did is what he always does on crosses... pull the guy by his shirt and hope for the best. It didn’t work this time and it’s completely his fault.
    Agree. Smalling resorts to shirt pulling much too early instead of keeping his position on the opposing player.

deafepl

This is it! When we attacked in the third final, they fouled us a lot of time and still escape yellow cards.

DevilRed

These players are a disgrace no heart, no fight and no pride to play for the shirt. Furthermore we have a manager who thinks he is bigger than the club. Liverpool showed that you can compete with city but after the match the rhetoric from our manager will be I need more money to compete and how small time a club we are compared to this lot.
    dippers were playing at binfield.

They were smashed here by 5 goals the last time around.

It obviously would be better if we played at home, but to be really honest only barely.

BIGbadBOO4

I mentioned earlier but it got lost with the goal.

It’s aomething the league really needs to crack down on or everyone will adopt it and we’ll turn into the Spanish league. It drove me crazy when Barca did it against us but it’s so effective no team will stop it of their own volition.
    I will tell you as soon as we do it we will get bookings galore with red cards. The media will complain about it. Sane should have had 3 or 4 yellow cards when we played earlier in the season and he gets away with a blatant trip with no attempt to play the ball once again. Yet we get 2 yellows. Twatkinson is ref so we have no hope.

junglemusic

Why is everyone surprised we are being beaten by a team who are much better than us and have been all season? Even if Pogba and Sanchez were at their best we’d still lose to this city team

cyberman

Playing well?! At no point did we even look like we might threaten City, which is the root of our problems. Like I’ve already stated, it makes no difference where we start pressing them as long as we have no idea what to do once we gain possession. That’s the root of all our problems.
    It was a gritty game, we were holding our own.
    For me thats playing well. What were seeing now is why Jose doesn't trust us enough in these games.
    4 goals conceded v City this year, 4 defensive disasters.
    No doubt Jose will receive all the blame. We cant bury our heads in the sand hiding behind Pogba in a midfield 3 or other type nonsense anymore.
    I wish we parked the bus today. Our man to man defensive abilities are woeful.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    600 million and we still use Smalling, Young, Valencia, Lingard, Herrera. So you suggest we just give up? No matter what manager we have, those players can't compete with what teams like Real Madrid, City or Bayern have.
    You do realise Bayern have the equivalent of Gandalf as manager.

It's not age, it's approach and philosophy

SER19

We made three horrendous unforced errors in 5 minutes and conceded twice as a result,

Valencia’s shambolic hack at the ball to concede a corner.
    Smalling being swatted aside like a sad little insect (identical to 2012 yet here we are 6 years later with the same mistake)
    De geas kick.

It’s just not good enough, collectively of course but individually there is what I would call a concerning lack of concentration or focus or passion. Seriously look at the goals and chances conceded we’re at walking pace. No reaction instinct shoulders slumped cowards,

Presently it feels like 11 players are sticking their middle finger up at every person that has ever called themselves a united fan.

In Rainbows

Get Martial Rashford and Mata on for the Pogba, Sanchez and 1 other.

Those players deserve to be on the pitch than some of the overpaid mercenaries we have on show today.
    Amazing how Matic continues to escape criticism because Pogba is the easy target. Matic was worse. At least Pogba was trying to keep possession even with City's pressing. Too bad his teammates were frozen.

arnie_ni

I've been one of Pogbas biggest critics but he is far from the worst on the pitch. Our defenders are getting destroyed by City, Young is having his worst game this season, Herrera is invisible, same with Sanchez. Atleast Pogba is trying to make something happen.
    Herrera has been our best player

Richard Cranium

:lol: :lol: You think Pep has spent twice as much as Jose?

Like I said, factually incorrect. Read the post again. It doesn't make sense.

And the rest is irrelevant to what I've said. Yes City's success is shallow due to the foreign ownership but their coach is simply out performing ours by a country mile which was the actual point I was making. No amount of hiding behind excuses will change that.
    Rumour is pep got into coaching to manage Man City. Lifelong fan. Not at all about being a chequebook manager.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 78% of 868 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 554 ratings.

Score Predictions