Kick-off
Sun, 7 March 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Well boring then. Are we going to have a go tomorrow or just sit back and hope to god they don't score and they hope they make a mistake somewhere? It is the lesser games I worry about the attitude. You should be motivated for these games, but the other games they come out so lethargic.
    We'll most likely sit back and counter because we're good at it and it allowed us to beat City three times last season.

Whilst I'd like us to be more adventurous against 'bigger' teams, draws against Chelsea, Liverpool, City, etc isn't the reason we're quite a way behind the leaders.

Its games such as Palace, Sheff, West Brom, etc that have let us down this season, and if we're going to challenge next season, it's something that seriously needs addressing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    We'll most likely sit back and counter because we're good at it and it allowed us to beat City three times last season.

Whilst I'd like us to be more adventurous against 'bigger' teams, draws against Chelsea, Liverpool, City, etc isn't the reason we're quite a way behind the leaders.

Its games such as Palace, Sheff, West Brom, etc that have let us down this season, and if we're going to challenge next season, it's something that seriously needs addressing.
    It's mad. Last season we did well against the big teams, this season we have gone conservative against the big teams, but are awful and not interested against the bottom teams, then beat up on the middling teams.

Walters_19_MuFc

Extremely flawed then. With owner issues, coaching issues and player issues.

Also delusions that we have improved more than we have.
    We're a work in progress. Far from the finished article but we have improved (not really willing to go through how much) and I can only imagine that Ole will be working hard behind the scenes to make sure we continue to do so.

Walters_19_MuFc

It's mad. Last season we did well against the big teams, this season we have gone conservative against the big teams, but are awful and not interested against the bottom teams, then beat up on the middling teams.
    If we beat the lower teams, then I honestly don't think people would be discussing our reserved play style against the bigger teams. Traditionally, those games are meant to be tight anyway.

I honestly believe Ole has got that in mind and we'll see much better next season, regards beating low blocks.

I also think a good pre-season, against teams who will test us in that regard will be good for Ole and the staff to try certain things that he hasn't really had the chance to do in such as congestive, competitive season.

DomesticTadpole

If we beat the lower teams, then I honestly don't think people would be discussing our reserved play style against the bigger teams. Traditionally, those games are meant to be tight anyway.

I honestly believe Ole has got that in mind and we'll see much better next season, regards beating low blocks.

I also think a good pre-season, against teams who will test us in that regard will be good for Ole and the staff to try certain things that he hasn't really had the chance to do in such as congestive, competitive season.
    It's if he gets the players he has in mind. I don't even think the owners are the biggest problem, they have let us spend, it is the brains trust of Ed and Matt Judge who I think are the incompetent ones. That is why I think they should employ someone who is respected to do the negotiating on Ole's behalf. Someone who actually knows his way round football. Someone who isn't in Ed's pocket.

laughtersassassin

We're a work in progress. Far from the finished article but we have improved (not really willing to go through how much) and I can only imagine that Ole will be working hard behind the scenes to make sure we continue to do so.
    We are a WIP. As we have been for years and years.

Yes I'm sure he is doing his best the question is if that is good enough?

Let's see if his best is good enough to give him another year. Depending on how this season ends he may or may not deserve to keep going.

Like we might fall to fourth or fifth and win no trophy. Then it'd be hard to argue for him staying.

If we win Europa he would definitely be staying.

Right now too much is up in the air

OrcaFat

Not looking forward to this, don’t really want to watch us get a lesson in passing/moving while having 30% possession.

The 4-2-3-1 with Mcfred is just going to get overrun (no doubt we’ll stick with it though).

I’d drop Bruno deeper and play a midfield 3 or even bring in Donny and play the diamond, with split strikers...

Henderson

Awb Bailly Maguire Shaw

Fred

Mctominay VdB

Bruno

Greenwood Rashford​
    Yes that is the team I would play. Pogba for VDB if fit but I don’t think he is. Or Matic for VDB. Otherwise same.

always_hoping

I'd wonder is it too much to hope that United make themselves difficult to score against tomorrow and don't concede due to their own error/lapse in concentration?

always_hoping

We are a WIP. As we have been for years and years.

Yes I'm sure he is doing his best the question is if that is good enough?

Let's see if his best is good enough to give him another year. Depending on how this season ends he may or may not deserve to keep going.

Like we might fall to fourth or fifth and win no trophy. Then it'd be hard to argue for him staying.

If we win Europa he would definitely be staying.

Right now too much is up in the air
    He'll be definitely staying if CL football for next season is secured via a top 4 finish in the PL or winning the Europa league.

always_hoping

If we came 4th he shouldn't stay unless we win a cup
    The owners or their buddy Woody don't care if 2nd or 4th so long as CL football is secured. Van Gaal would have got a 3rd season at United with a 4th place finish in the league and no cup.

If Ole in or Ole out or simply sitting on the fence only expect a new manager in place next year if United finish this season outside the top 4 and don't win Europe league.

laughtersassassin

The owners or their buddy Woody don't care if 2nd or 4th so long as CL football is secured. Van Gaal would have got a 3rd season at United with a 4th place finish in the league and no cup.

If Ole in or Ole out or simply sitting on the fence only expect a new manager in place next year if United finish this season outside the top 4 and don't win Europe league.
    That's why I said should and not will

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    If we came 4th he shouldn't stay unless we win a cup
    Our owners don’t care about winning cups. They care about the money we earn by qualifying for the champions league. If Ole finishes 4th on goal difference but wins no cup he’s safe. If he finishes 5th on goal difference but wins the fa cup it won’t save him, he’s gone.

Our club only care about success on the pitch to the point of getting CL football. They don’t give a shit about winning leagues or cups.

darko

Ya. Top four is more important than the FA Cup. Money buys players and Being the Champions League is important for club's finances. Besides that, top players want to be playing Champions League football.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
    We are overdue for a performance that gives our fans a false dawn :lol:. Too many fans are starting to see what I have seen since the beginning. I expect a draw or a defeat, but I will not be surprised if we win either. That is how strange things are under Ole.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Anyone fearing the worst given our form and theirs? We can barely scrape a goal together against the bottom sides while City are coming off the back of a 21 gaming winning streak. 21 on the bounce? That's just unfair.

No? Me neither. I reckon we'll put in a performance tomorrow and get a result.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    potentially injured again? He had big issues in his last season at PSG, and if he’s out again it looks like he’s brought them here with him... Wonder if that will factor into the year extension (probably not, but hey).
    Suprised at the lack post match chatter the night before a big derby.
    Three 0-0s in a row and our general form before that has deflated everyone.

DomesticTadpole

Confirmed United squad members

Dean Henderson, Lee Grant, Nathan Bishop, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Axel Tuanzebe, Luke Shaw, Alex Telles, Brandon Williams, Fred, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Shola Shoretire, Amad, Mason Greenwood, Daniel James, Anthony Martial

Wilt

Dean Henderson, Lee Grant, Nathan Bishop, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Axel Tuanzebe, Luke Shaw, Alex Telles, Brandon Williams, Fred, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Shola Shoretire, Amad, Mason Greenwood, Daniel James, Anthony Martial
    Feck, no Pogba or Cavani

bsCallout

A pleasant reminder that our CM options are Matic, McT and Fred.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

Dean
    AWB Lindelof Bailly Maguire Shaw
    McT Fred
    Bruno
    James Rashford

Sit deep, low-block, try to hit on the counter with Bruno setting the two speedsters through behind City’s high line. Our increased conservative tactics against big 6 sides this season have irritated me, but we can’t go toe to toe against these.

2-0 City, hopefully a 1-1 or 0-0.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

No Cavani?

Renegade

“We’re not going to let them run away with it” I hope we hold him accountable to this comment.

ShinjiNinja26

Feck no Cavani? Hope he’s not injured again, we need him big time for the remainder of the season and especially tomorrow if we want a chance of winning.

always_hoping

potentially injured again? He had big issues in his last season at PSG, and if he’s out again it looks like he’s brought them here with him... Wonder if that will factor into the year extension (probably not, but hey).

Three 0-0s in a row and our general form before that has deflated everyone.
    Greenwood wasn't spotted last weekend and ended up starting. Can't afford another Cavani injury with a load of important fixtures ahead.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
    Supports
    Luton Town
    We're gonna beat them 1-0 due to a deflected Bruno free kick. Ole knows how to get a result when the pressure is on.

If I were the board, I'd put him on a zero hour contract.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 380 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw