Kick-off
Sun, 3 March 2024 @ 3:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
    It should not really be a rout when you look at City's recent results. Aside from the FA Cup win over Luton, all their recent victories were hard fought wins - 1-0 at Bournemouth, late 1-0 win over Brentford, two second half goals in a 2-0 win over Everton, a draw v Chelsea. The last time they won by more than 2 goals in the league was early November win against Bournemouth (6-1) and of course 3-0 at Old Trafford. They don't seem to beat teams by more than 2 goals these days.

Gordon S

Pep has been talking like he's going to do something weird, wacky and experimental in this game. We really better not allow him to put us to the sword with some new(old) pisstake of a system.

It's evident that even W-M can be implemented in this era with the right personnel, but beyond that? I don't want to see some weird, wacky 1-4-1-4 or some such from them. If he does go through with whatever he has in mind and pulls it off, this game will be about more than the humiliation of losing or even goals conceded. We better not let that happen.
    They have been on a different planet to us for a long time. Sure, it`s sport, anything can happen, but Pep could almost use dice to select the formation and players for this game and still go in as big favourites. Haaland as libero in a 1-4-1-4 system with Pep himself upfront would not make me confident of a win. But agree, let`s hope he takes it easy on the experimenting, we are already lying down.

padzilla

Hipster
    This is a free hit for us - no reason why we can't put up a decent showing. If you can't motivated for a local derby against opponents flying high then there's something seriously wrong.

Von Mistelroum

Looking at the players we'll have available for this, I don't know what we'll be able to do. If we could swap squads with Luton for the day I would take it!

It's not just a skill issue, our players have very little confidence and are mentality midgets. They'll buckle the moment things get tough, which will be very quickly!

I have a feeling that Pep will instruct City to go easy after the first few goals though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
    Scout
    They have been on a different planet to us for a long time. Sure, it`s sport, anything can happen, but Pep could almost use dice to select the formation and players for this game and still go in as big favourites. Haaland as libero in a 1-4-1-4 system with Pep himself upfront would not make me confident of a win. But agree, let`s hope he takes it easy on the experimenting, we are already lying down.
    A defeat is one thing, but if he comes up with something ‘unprecedented’ this will be a game used for analysis and educational purposes for the football at large, extending humiliation by an order of magnitude.

Getting a rinsing is bad enough; having the game talked about for months/years, would be something else entirely.

It could be a bluff, but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see something ridiculous either and I hope we have the pride to at least spoil the game and shithouse if there is any sense of something spectacular in the offing.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Nothing with motivation. We'll play a team that is above us in every departement. We are depleted, tired and poor. They're not.

I suspect we'll lose heavily.

Hope Wan Bissaka can come back for the game because having Lindelof or Amrabat LB is a pain.

We have half our defense injured, Casemiro looks slow and poor since his injury, Bruno looks injured and Rashford seems uninterested playing 9...

Nothing with motivation, it's just our state

Lee565

___________onana
    ____Dalot_varane_lindelof
    ___________amrabat
    Antony_mainoo_casimero_garnacho
    _____________bruno
    __________mctominay

Big Andy

Bloke
    This is a free hit for us - no reason why we can't put up a decent showing. If you can't motivated for a local derby against opponents flying high then there's something seriously wrong.
    Do you even know Manchester United?

Spark

Either we drag them down to our level and knick a win or we get absolutely pumped. Going to be grim no matter what, so can't wait for that.

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    If they have anything about them it'll be a tonking or similar to the 2-0 a year or two ago where it felt like a battering as they were so dominant. If it's neither of them then I think it's safe to say they're not what they were and won't win the league, which their recent results indicate to me.

If it's the latter then we have a chance. They beat Bournemouth by a goal and Bournemouth had some big chances. Unless we're worse than Bournemouth then we have a chance on recent form.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Somehow managed to get tickets to this (in the away end, I imagine they give out tickets for the home section when you buy Ribena from the local Coop) ... so I'm just hoping we don't get pumped.

Give me a grimey dirty 0-0 please... I'd say take a similar approach to the game at Anfield, but Bruno isn't suspended here.

thisisnottaken1

The only way we have any hope is if we set up like we did in the Liverpool game. If we don’t, we’ll get absolutely thrashed. I’m expecting a thrashing.

chomsky89

they scored six a couple of days ago
    A bit Influenced by Luton playing much less defensively overall and keeping their high line because of only two possible outcomes and the goal difference being insignificant, unlike the prem. Not saying City can't score 6 against a normal counter-attacking parked bus-Luton, but it's less likely.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
    Watch this bunch actually show up for this one and hand the title to Liverpool.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    Rumours going round a few more players felt a strain after the game and are likely to pull out for the City game, won't mention names but it could leave us up against it

Red00012

Keep Lindelof away from LB
    Put 3 in midfield
    Drop Rashford
    Put Bruno up as a false 9
    0-1 Utd

Todd

If Pep decides to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war, they can probably have this one sewn up by halftime and rest De Bruyne and Haaland for the Copenhagen match mid week.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bruno shouldn't even play in this game if we are honest, but I'm sure the lineup will be something very similar to what we saw yesterday except Mainoo starting.

I'd like to see something more experimental as I'm quite sure our standard setup will just get destroyed if we even try it.

Maybe something like

Onana
    Dalot Varane Evans Lindelof
    Casemiro Amrabat Mainoo
    Amad
    Garnacho Rashford

Would give us more technical security and keep Rashford out of the CF spot he's so poor in. We certainly shouldn't try to press high with the lack of legs we have

nojcarter

Oh god dreading this one, have to venture out into the public for darts after it too.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    Based on who I think we will have available, not what I want, I think it will look something like this:

Onana
    Dalot Evans Lindelof Amrabat
    Casemiro Mainoo
    Amad Mctominay Garnacho
    Bruno

Fts 74

A defeat is one thing, but if he comes up with something ‘unprecedented’ this will be a game used for analysis and educational purposes for the football at large, extending humiliation by an order of magnitude.

Getting a rinsing is bad enough; having the game talked about for months/years, would be something else entirely.

It could be a bluff, but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see something ridiculous either and I hope we have the pride to at least spoil the game and shithouse if there is any sense of something spectacular in the offing.
    Not the first time he's come out with this before a Derby if I'm not mistaken.Just trying to make out hes re inventing football Take no notice of the weirdo.

Btw, 2-1 win us.

The Dane

No point in watching this one as a win would only benefit Liverpool as we will anyway not finish top 4/5.
    We have two games that really matters the remainder of this season and that is the two against Liverpool. The rest can just be used as preparation for next season.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
    Rashford has to be due for a good game sooner or later surely. Not looking forward to it. Fortunately or unfortunately I am working so will miss it. Last time I worked a Derby game was that hammering at Old Trafford

SER19

Marcus' PR team just released a sob story letter. Cant see us not annihilating them now.

Marcus

Need to kick them off the park (literally or figuratively). Just play disruptive football and try to draw or get a narrow win.

Bondi77

Weirdly feel that we'll get a draw here - which would be a great result at the minute. No real reason for it, we could well get thumped, but I think we'll score. 1-1.
    You should go and put a bet on as I am sure you will get decent odds.

Bondi77

Need to kick them off the park (literally or figuratively). Just play disruptive football and try to draw or get a narrow win.
    Bruno will be doing his headless chicken routine after the first half hour and Casemiro will be in Red card mode.
    I can see us getting a real flogging in this game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw