Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Don’t feel this tie classifies as a derby anymore - it will be a one sided and business as usual affair for City who will cut through us with cold blooded precision.

I think City gave a better account of themselves than us back when we were in a position of ascendency.

Lee565

Don’t feel this tie classifies as a derby anymore - it will be a one sided and business as usual affair for City who will cut through us with cold blooded precision.

I think City gave a better account of themselves than us back when we were in a position of ascendency.
    To be fair ole did really well against pep on most of the occasions he faced him, the only real annoying thing post fergie is that we have lost to liverpool and City that we often get completely thrashed by them by either a large scoreline difference or just completely played off the park, especially in the moyes period and later part of ole tenure and ten hag's period in charge.

Tap

Another 0-0 Anfield performance will be a great result

Fts 74

We're all clearly scarred from last seasons 6-3 and 7-0 hidings, teams worse than us don't get spanked everytime they go to the Etihad.
    We'll definitely have chances, it's whether we can take them and keep them quiet at the other end which is unlikely if he carries on setting us up the way he has been, let's hope he doesn't.
    I'm sticking to 2-1 us, maybe it's just blind faith but I can see us winning.

SER19

We're all clearly scarred from last seasons 6-3 and 7-0 hidings, teams worse than us don't get spanked everytime they go to the Etihad.
    We'll definitely have chances, it's whether we can take them and keep them quiet at the other end which is unlikely if he carries on setting us up the way he has been, let's hope he doesn't.
    I'm sticking to 2-1 us, maybe it's just blind faith but I can see us winning.
    this is what i find so worrying about recent games against big teams. add in a couple of hammerings by liverpool and even defeats to arsenal - even the likes of brentford or everton can go and keep games reasonably tight, whereas we manage to looks worse than any team in the league very often in bog games. We had a decent record v city with ole, and of course beat them at old trafford last season, but theyve brushes us aside more than a couple of times recently, including in second gear at old trafford this season, and in the cup final which was close in scoreline but not much else

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Bookies has us at 10/1 tomorrow. Have we ever been that big of an outsider before?

matt10000

Agree how can Abu Dhabi Utd v Man Utd be a Manchester derby?

always_hoping

Spurs won this afternoon and Villa should beat Luton. 4th and 5th place is going off into the distance. What type of response is really expected from this group of flaky United players missing some of their best players when they know at best they'll finish 6th in the table?

laughtersassassin

Obviously I want us to win but tbh I'd much rather City win the league than Liverpool so therein lies a problem in how much I want us to win.

I can't state how sick I'll be if Liverpool win the league and potentially a quad

If that happens Sky would forever more start calling Klopp maybe the greatest ever prem manager. ....

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    Make a gentleman's agreement with Guardiola.

"You beat us 1-0. You stay on Liverpool's coattails, we go home without being embarrassed. Deal?"

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Obviously we will lose. I would say it has use as an instructional event for where we need to improve but it seems unlikely ETH will keep his job now. I think Fulham was his Waterloo. Sad about that as I think he would have come good.

Red Rash

I've watched every PL game this season but is it wrong that I'm considering not watching this? I have very low expectations that we can put up much resistance and the though of City destroying us is pretty sickening. I feel it would ruin my weekend to watch it.

Real Madras

Supports
    Real Oviedo
    Can someone explain why teams who are well and truly below us, not just looking at the table but in terms of quality. Who are far less capable than united either lose narrowly or draw, whereas, we get well and truly spanked 5-0 when we play either Liverpool or City?

VivaRonaldo85

Onana

Lindelof
    Varane
    Evans
    Dalot

Casemiro
    Mainoo

Bruno

Garnacho
    McTominay
    Rashford

Above assumes Maguire and Hojilund still injured as well as the long term absentees.

4-1 defeat.

wr8_utd

:'(
    Genuinely think we can sneak a draw here. City have been average vs big teams this year and no one gave us a chance at Anfield either. We'll hit them on the counter and maybe sneak in a draw ;)

Adamsk7

Genuinely think we can sneak a draw here. City have been average vs big teams this year and no one gave us a chance at Anfield either. We'll hit them on the counter and maybe sneak in a draw ;)
    No chance. When we’ve beaten them before, we’ve had some of the players that can quickly counter firing. Tomorrow we only have Rashford and Garnacho and both have been poor for a while now. If Hojlund, Martinez and Shaw were fit I’d say we’d have some chance with the extra speed/physicality + defensive incisive passing. As it is we are either gonna play Antony or more likely McTominay up front and Lindelof at left back.

Think we’ll be lucky with 3-0

Ludens the Red

Likely to be a bloodbath out there. Genuinely wouldn’t mind if we just sat 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins.

Telsim

Make a gentleman's agreement with Guardiola.

"You beat us 1-0. You stay on Liverpool's coattails, we go home without being embarrassed. Deal?"
    So, what are we bringing to this deal as leverage?

lex talionis

To prepare for this match I highly recommend all caftards watch one the greatest episodes of the epic TV series, Spartacus:

DECIMATION

red.knight

Liverpool with another lucky win
    Spurs with comeback win
    Villa winning

So, we're going to get smashed by City, aren't we?

Bertie Wooster

Can someone explain why teams who are well and truly below us, not just looking at the table but in terms of quality. Who are far less capable than united either lose narrowly or draw, whereas, we get well and truly spanked 5-0 when we play either Liverpool or City?
    I'd guess there's a few reasons...

City and Liverpool might approach some of those games in second gear, happy to do enough to win while focusing on a big upcoming game in the PL or CL. Whereas they're 100% up for it and committed when facing us, and are in no way going to start the game slow or ease off after a goal or two.

The 'smaller' teams are also mostly set up with a squad and tactic based on facing tough opposition and making themselves organised and tough to break down, etc. So some are well organised, well drilled teams in terms of trying to keep things tight. That sometimes works, even at City and Liverpool. But they're also more expecting of the occasional hammering, so it has less of a psychological effect when happening against those types of teams and is less likely to effect their next meeting.

We're generally capable of competing in away games against the other top teams, even though we haven't won many. But against a fired up CIty and Liverpool our limitations compared to them have been exposed, and those 'unexpected' hammerings have had such a psychological impact that it's making other hammerings likely.

Though we (somehow) got a goalless draw against Liverpool, so it's possible we could somehow do similar here. But, sadly, much more likely that City will score a handful than it is we'll keep the score down to binary figures.

RedIan

Big teams, i wonder if we are still classed as a big team. A Big club but a pretty inconsistent poor team.

The_Midfielder

I don't even wanna watch another ..i reckon it will be hammering ..
    We have been hammered by Luton, ( somehow won), Fulham, Wolves ..we won they didnt have the quailty to score ..
    NOW CIty have the players to score ..
    So it will be a hammering..

BorisManUtd

I don't even wanna watch another ..i reckon it will be hammering ..
    We have been hammered by Luton, ( somehow won), Fulham, Wolves ..we won they didnt have the quailty to score ..
    NOW CIty have the players to score ..
    So it will be a hammering..
    But that's just not true. We should've beaten Luton 4-1, not 2-1. Deserved winners at Wolves, too. Agree about Fulham and we deservedly lost that imo.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    Wouldn't mind losing tomorrow to make Liverpool's win null and void.

Sometimes you shouldn't step in the way of greatness

erikcred

Liverpool with another lucky win
    Spurs with comeback win
    Villa winning

So, we're going to get smashed by City, aren't we?
    I'd take an entertaining loss over a boring game where they race into a 2-0 lead after 20 minutes and walk around keeping the ball for the rest of the game.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
    Even if we beat these cnuts we're effectively handing the title to Liverpool. Talk about double edged swords

BorisManUtd

Onana, Dalot, Varane, Evans, Lindelof, Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno, Antony, Garnacho, Rashford.

While I don't like Rashford at ST, he might be okay there as we'll mostly play on counters. Also like Garnacho more on RW but think ten Hag could try this way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw