Kick-off
Sun, 3 March 2024 @ 3:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scanny

It is embarrassing and mind boggling. I see the likes of 115 fc as the greatest evil in this sport, let alone the fact that they are still technically our local rivals, let alone the fact of ever wanting our team to lose and just give up. This whole we need to lose to prevent Liverpool winning narrative, I can never quite get, regardless of any circumstance. We strive to be our best, if others are better (which they are on their own merit and spirit and not through cheating), then they deserve it.
    Could not agree more.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    I'm not sure we've ever gone into this game with a weaker looking line up on paper. Coupled with ridiculous tactics that leave us conceding chance after chance I'd be surprised this isn't a thrashing.

The Urban Goose

I can already see how the next few days are going to be. The 115s win, probably by quite a comfortable scoreline, then tonight themedia will be full of how great the 115s and their manager are. Then it'll turn into an ETH discussion, there'll be a lot of toys out of the pram on here that ETH should be sacked NOW! and rinse and repeat until our next lucky win.

Can we just end this season now please?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    You just know these lads won’t fight. What has been allowed to happen to this club is a disgrace. I’ve not met anyone that thinks we won’t get taken to the cleaners. :(

Adisa

Kompany came on Rio's channel and they chatted about their experiences of derby. From a United fan perspective, it was sad.

Kompany talked about his first derby facing Ronaldo, Rooney, and Tevez and how helpless he felt. He mentioned after the game that they didn't look like they broke a sweat and that was the most depressing thought.
    He then spoke about subsequent games where we still won with last gasp winners, but he could feel the tide turning.
    And then he described how it felt since Sir Alex left. He categorically said they looked forward to it because our game suited them i.e. no coordinated press, relying on individuals and he mentioned that playing that way against Pep with the high quality players he has, you have no hope.

I do like Kompany though, through all this, he never sounded arrogant or disrespectful, was just stating facts.
    We still won a couple of trophies but our decline as a club started in 2009. We have not recovered. Looking back, Ferguson trying to sugar-coat that summer is quite funny. The Glazers are poison.

Bobade

Another ridiculous match thread filled with hyperbole. Someone said they'd take 3 - 0 for fecks sake.

I think we will make it hard for City today, and ultimately come up short. I don't think we'll see a drubbing though, hope we win 2 - 1, expect us to lose 2 - 1.

Von Mistelroum

They’ll score 6 at least.
    See I don't think that'll happen. I can't stand Pep, and I think he's very arrogant, but I also feel like he's likely to tell them not to pile on once they've got the game won. I don't think he'll want them to completely embarrass us. I'm going 4-0.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    Can't predict this game. I said during the week if De Bruyne and Haaland show up there isn't much we can do. Also have no idea what bat shit tactics we will bring to the table. Ten Hag showed in Anfield he is happy to go for a 0-0, he will probably do the same today.

Litch

Looking forward to it, not often to go into a game with a complete free hit. For me, everyone is on trial now and we will learn over the coming months, who is worth keeping.
    Excited the most to see Kobbie against 115's midfield

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    They'll be 3-0 up by h/t.

Hopefully then pep and the city players take it easy as they have the CL on wednesday to focus on.

4-0 City final score.

erikcred

Another ridiculous match thread filled with hyperbole. Someone said they'd take 3 - 0 for fecks sake.

I think we will make it hard for City today, and ultimately come up short. I don't think we'll see a drubbing though, hope we win 2 - 1, expect us to lose 2 - 1.
    I don't see much difference between someone saying they'd settle for a 3-0 loss and you settling for us "making city work hard" but expecting us to eventually lose anyway.

AndySmith1990

I don't see much difference between someone saying they'd settle for a 3-0 loss and you settling for us "making city work hard" but expecting us to eventually lose anyway.
    He's clearly a fan of David Moyes. It's ok to be shit as long as you make it difficult for the other team

Rojofiam

80% chance we lose according to the bookies, and I'm inclined to agree...

...but hoping that today will be that one in five chance coming to reality.

Regarding the title race, this notion of handing Liverpool the title by potentially taking points off City today is absolutely laughable, but classic Caf behaviour.

First of all, we are only two thirds of the way through the season, and a lot of you are talking like it's matchday 33-34 already.

Secondly, Liverpool are statistically the third best team in the league, and are having an injury crisis of their own at the moment. I still think it's more likely City or Arsenal win it, it's between them IMO. I can easily see Liverpool dropping points in 3 or 4 consecutive games, there is still a long way to go and they are very much riding their luck.

Lastly, Liverpool host City at Anfield next week, and they still have to go to Old Trafford, Villa Park, etc. Today's derby isn't that important in the title race IMO.

Oranges038

Going to win this one 2-1 or 3-1.

Rashford with 2 or 3, he will be going all out with 120% effort after his PR exercise the other day.

iKeano

Woke up with a good feeling about this game. I hope ETH has done his business and fired up the lads.
    Hoping ETH has done his business & fired upnthe lads... based on what exactly?
    ETH does basically the same 'business' every game. No tactics, no in game management, 62nd minute subs & blind hope.
    As for firing up the lads, have you watched Utd in the past ten years? Last time Rashford was fired up was tequila burn in Belfast.

erikcred

Woke up with a good feeling about this game. I hope ETH has done his business and fired up the lads.
    Depends on what happened the last time you had a good feeling about a game. Did we win?

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    I won’t be disappointed with a loss because we’re way below City’s standard. Almost takes the pressure off because you just know 100% ETH is going to screw up his tactics and subs as always and insist we’re on the right path to progress in the post-match conference.

Yakuza_devils

Remember that we are still a good counter attacking team. City's tactic may play into our hands. Defend deep and hit them on the break. Maybe we can fluke a win.

But the reality is I think it will be an easy win for City without them going into 2nd gear. I'm mentally prepared not to get disappointed especially we will be probably out of Top 5 race for CL if we lost.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Very nervous for this game. I’m worried we’re gonna concede at least 5 here.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
    We kept Liverpool out at Anfield. Ok, it wasn’t pretty but if we defend well then anything can happen. Maybe score a break away goal. Sure, it’s a tough game but you have to believe you can get something. If the players can’t get up for the Derby then there is something seriously wrong.

Adisa

See I don't think that'll happen. I can't stand Pep, and I think he's very arrogant, but I also feel like he's likely to tell them not to pile on once they've got the game won. I don't think he'll want them to completely embarrass us. I'm going 4-0.
    As if 4-0 is a respectable scoreline. :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Remember that we are still a good counter attacking team. City's tactic may play into our hands. Defend deep and hit them on the break. Maybe we can fluke a win.

But the reality is I think it will be an easy win for City without them going into 2nd gear. I'm mentally prepared not to get disappointed especially we will be probably out of Top 5 race for CL if we lost.
    Spurs will still be very catchable - their fixtures to end the season are mental. If we are within 9 going into that we could catch 'em.

Villa will be tougher but if Spurs beat them next week it's still on.

Rojofiam

Hojlund's injury is going to be a big blow today, sadly. He's an absolute monster in transitions and counter attacks.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    We were expected to lose 8-0 against them at Anfield and we got a draw. Anything can happen . Which is why I think today will actually be a close game.
    Liverpool don't have Haaland and Foden!

NLunited

Højlund missing is a problem. I don‘t see how we are going to attack effectively without his hold up play. Let‘s hope Ten Hag has a plan.

Shark

@NotShark
    Højlund missing is a problem. I don‘t see how we are going to attack effectively without his hold up play. Let‘s hope Ten Hag has a plan.
    Højlund improves this team immensely, I really can't see us doing anything without him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw