Kick-off
Sun, 3 March 2024 @ 3:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Martin(6)Buchan

We are so weak as a team as a whole, once the opposition score we seem to implode to many times. As for City who more often than not score this is not going to look pretty, we have gotten out of games through other team's missing their chances, today will not be the case. I hope I am wrong.

FireballXL5

We'll look quite good for the first 10 minutes, maybe even have a couple of shots on target. Then we'll drop off and watch them tear us to pieces.

tomaldinho1

They’ll score 6 at least.
    My biggest disappointments as a United came in the 0-5 to Pool as they just chilled after 45mins. Almost as bad though was the 0-2 to City where they just went two up and waited for the game to finish. The embarrassment of those teams basically using the second half as a light fitness session remains a real low point for us as a club.

Jaap

City at home haven’t been their usual force, winning late against Brentford, Everton, struggling against Chelsea as of late. It‘s a derby & I have a feeling we will sneak a 2-1 win. Rashford & Garnacho.

LordSpud

All my Liverpool friends are praying for a United win. That hurts even more.

ColvaleGoa

We are so weak as a team as a whole, once the opposition score we seem to implode to many times. As for City who more often than not score this is not going to look pretty, we have gotten out of games through other team's missing their chances, today will not be the case. I hope I am wrong.
    Exactly this.

Once a decision or goal goes to the opposition we wilt like frickin Spinach, and that's giving Spinach a bad name.

We need to somehow regrow the old adage that we don't lose..we just run out of time.

Everyone has given up on us for today .No suprise there though

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
    liverpool
    Just need a David vs Goliath blood and guts performance from united to hold on for a draw against all the odds….

Rojofiam

Peps already said he has ‘crazy ideas’ for this game. Maybe he messes too much and gets done in by his inner smartarse again? Fingers crossed
    He's gonna wear a wig and call ten Hag a bald.fraud the whole game

RuudTom83

I really don't want to watch.

Usually it's nervous energy before a big game, but today just feels like dread.

Might just half-arse it (like the squad have been doing all season) and have it on in the background while I do some chores.

Sorry United :devil:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
    I really don't want to watch.

Usually it's nervous energy before a big game, but today just feels like dread.

Might just half-arse it (like the squad have been doing all season) and have it on in the background while I do some chores.

Sorry United :devil:
    Same. I feel like a terrible fan but I've seen enough embarrassment over the last few years.

Donut

5-0 with City going into cruise control around the 65 min mark and sparing United from a 7-8 goal embarrassment.
    Yeah, I think Pep won’t want to completely embarras us to the point of ETH sacking, he knows ETH staying is not good for us.

FootballHQ

Supports
    Aston Villa
    Peps already said he has ‘crazy ideas’ for this game. Maybe he messes too much and gets done in by his inner smartarse again? Fingers crossed
    Probably going to play 3-4 wide players on the right. All of Walker, Foden, Doku and Mahrez back on emergency loan all on that side!

When you see Origi outpacing Amrabat in the first five minutes the other night they're obviously going to be relentless down that side as it's either going to be Amrabat or Lindelof.

Would be surprised if Man. City don't score 3 or 4 today.

Moriarty

City at home haven’t been their usual force, winning late against Brentford, Everton, struggling against Chelsea as of late. It‘s a derby & I have a feeling we will sneak a 2-1 win. Rashford & Garnacho.
    I hope so. Be nice to beat them at their own place again.

Bobade

I don't see much difference between someone saying they'd settle for a 3-0 loss and you settling for us "making city work hard" but expecting us to eventually lose anyway.
    I didn't say that I would settle for us to make City work hard. I said that I expect us to make it difficult for them, and that I hope it results in a narrow win for us.

Nowhere in my post did I say I would settle for anything, or that I wanted us to make City work hard.

The post I was referring to said they would accept the 3 0 pre match. I wouldn't accept anything other than a win.

Gator Nate

Solskjaer, for all his faults is a better manager than Ten Hag. At least there was a plan and a way of playing. His biggest mistake and his ultimate undoing was agreeing to the Ronaldo comeback. The team was just fine before Ronaldo rejoined and messed everything up. Also his incredible naivety and his refusal to drop big name underperformers did him in too. Solskjaer with more of a spine would still be manager today.
    Yep. Nailed it.

Walters_19_MuFc

At Old Trafford, when we lost 0-3, we started really well, and dispossessed City in good areas. Unfortunately, we weren't able to capitalize on their mistakes. Today, I believe it will be the same kind of set up, as in, I think ten Hag will ask his players to press quite high up the pitch. Hopefully, if we win the ball high up, we can punish them.

What I believe ten Hag will start with:

Rashford
    Garnacho McTominay Bruno
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Amrabat Lindelof Varane Dalot
    Onana

Von Mistelroum

As if 4-0 is a respectable scoreline. :lol:
    It's absolutely not acceptable, but our current owners will accept it. They accepted 7-0 Vs Liverpool. Imagine if a Madrid manager had lost a game 7-0 to Atletico and kept their job!

Von Mistelroum

My biggest disappointments as a United came in the 0-5 to Pool as they just chilled after 45mins. Almost as bad though was the 0-2 to City where they just went two up and waited for the game to finish. The embarrassment of those teams basically using the second half as a light fitness session remains a real low point for us as a club.
    Exactly what I expect today. They won't go for loads of goals, just enough to know we can't do anything and then chill. Pep won't want to get EtH sacked or anything. Partly out of respect and partly because him staying is great for City.

Pughnichi

Normally kids parties are a nuisance for wknd football!….If you know you know!

pretty grateful for screaming chaos at total ninja today at 1530

tomaldinho1

Exactly what I expect today. They won't go for loads of goals, just enough to know we can't do anything and then chill. Pep won't want to get EtH sacked or anything. Partly out of respect and partly because him staying is great for City.
    I hope we’ll be a bit better today than those games but I wonder how we’ll score. Dream of a 0-0 whilst you can.

Red Royal

Normally kids parties are a nuisance for wknd football!….If you know you know!

pretty grateful for screaming chaos at total ninja today at 1530
    I am past that stage, enjoy, but you know you will be checking your phone for updates with the odd groan and hopefully some wild fistpumps making you seem a strange parent

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
    At Old Trafford, when we lost 0-3, we started really well, and dispossessed City in good areas. Unfortunately, we weren't able to capitalize on their mistakes. Today, I believe it will be the same kind of set up, as in, I think ten Hag will ask his players to press quite high up the pitch. Hopefully, if we win the ball high up, we can punish them.

Rashford
    Garnacho McTominay Bruno
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Onana

Can't see Rashford starting in goal.

always_hoping

Man City’s last 4 premier league games

1-0 v Brentford
    1-0 v Bournemouth
    1-1 v Chelsea
    2-0 v Everton

If it's a 4 or 5 goal margin of defeat as some are predicting it will say a lot more about this group of United players in a Derby than it will City.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    Man City’s last 4 premier league games

1-0 v Brentford
    1-0 v Bournemouth
    1-1 v Chelsea
    2-0 v Everton

If it's a 4 or 5 goal margin of defeat as some are predicting it will say a lot more about this group of United players in a Derby than it will City.
    What more do you want to know about these?

Oranges038

Rashford
    Garnacho McTominay Bruno
    Mainoo Casemiro
    Onana

Crazy idea to turn the team upside down. But it just might work.

BorisManUtd

Sorry if someone already posted this. We don't deserve the support he's been giving us all these years.

United Hobbit

I rarely bet but just looking on bet365 out of interest.

Correct score for us goes up to 4. For city it goes up to 8

It's depressing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win