Manchester United 2013/14 Kits

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I thought the 98-00 and 04-06 kits were worse.
:eek:

1998-00 is probably my all time favourite. I still love it.

2004-06 was very typical of designs at the time and has dated, but still not as bad as 2012-13.

I also hate that every club changes the kits every year now. I assume shirt sales have dropped slightly, but imagine it works out better financially in the long run.

Goooose

I think a lot of United fans are fond of the 98-00 because of the treble. Too much going on for me, it had a zip! Everyone moans about a couple of buttons on a collar when that one had a zip for no reason at all.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I think a lot of United fans are fond of the 98-00 because of the treble. Too much going on for me, it had a zip! Everyone moans about a couple of buttons on a collar when that one had a zip for no reason at all.
No, I liked it on first sight. Zip was good, the diamonds down the shoulders and sleeve good. All round beauty.

The only shirt that comes close to rivalling last season's on how bad it is, is 1996-98. That's bad.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Last shirt looked like shit.This one is much much better.I might buy the original home kit now, it's been a fecking while last time I did that.Proper home shirt :keano:

decorativeed

No, I liked it on first sight. Zip was good, the diamonds down the shoulders and sleeve good. All round beauty.

The only shirt that comes close to rivalling last season's on how bad it is, is 1996-98. That's bad.
I'm not a fan of last season's shirt, but christ, it doesn't come close to the hideousness of the 1996-98 offering. Now that was easily the worst we've ever had. This one would be good... If it wasn't made by Nike, who I despise with a passion.

Gazza

1996-98 was funny because the home kit wasn't good, the third kit was absolutely nightmarish, but the away shirt was an elegant little white number (imo nicer than the one that replaced it with the black/red bar going across it).

Bonus laughs for the 1997 3rd keepers kit

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

No it was definitely awful. It was a bad fit too. All clunky and awkward, and it had some sort of bizarre rubber piping on it. It was bonkers. It clearly wouldn't be half as loved if we hadn't won everthing in it.

Now, the CL kit from those seasons on the other hand, that was an all round beauty.

ricky-romeo

away looks okay imo. could have been better. maybe all blue or all black would have been better looking.

but the home kit is class. the best since the 2008 double season.

Shark

@NotShark
It's alright, but I do wish they'd give us an all black or all blue away kit again instead of these unnecessary tablecloth designs.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Imagine a black version of our home kit with a red collar... Except we get another fecking gingham kit.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It's refreshing to see promo shots of new kits where the players haven't been told to look as miserable as humanly possible.

Brightonian

Does anyone else find it creepy how easily they can combine photos of different players to create that Frankenstein's monster? That's a photo of four players, but there are body parts from six of them.

Also, Smalling's head is horribly off-centre once you start looking at it. Not a similar enough pose to Anderson to make that a biologically viable swap!

Nice away kit, though. I never feel quite as invested in the away shirt, especially if the home one is nice. But I think we've got the strongest pair since 08/09. Well, I actually liked the V kits, but I get the impression most didn't.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Looked a lot beter on that Welbeck picture. The Hernandez one looks very rag like...

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I saw the picture with the 3 kits,and we still have that white kit, so I imagine it'll be popular again? Remember last year a good few bought it over the table cloth.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'm not that keen on the new away kit, but it's fine really - last season's was an absolute thing of beauty so it's unfair comparing the new kit to that one.

If Nike want to experiment with new styles then I'd prefer them to use the away shirt for that and leave the home shirt in the more traditional style, but I hope this whole "checked/gingham" experiment is a phase and not a permanent choice for Nike.

This has been the best away kit in modern times.

Agreed - loved that one; only last season's white kit has been almost as good since that one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think all the Tartan stuff was a homage to Fergie - now that he has gone I do not think next year we will have one.

Like you guys have said, another black away would be perfect. I look very enviously at Cities new away kit, its basically our home kit but blacked out with gold. Looks really nice.

Hal9000

I think all the Tartan stuff was a homage to Fergie - now that he has gone I do not think next year we will have one.

Like you guys have said, another black away would be perfect. I look very enviously at Cities new away kit, its basically our home kit but blacked out with gold. Looks really nice.

It was not tartan it's gingham, it's homage to the old Manchester mill industry that the pattern was associated with.