Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

diarm

He's a starter for next season. I don't know why is he always thrown out there with McT when team is criticised.
He'll definitely start and be such an important player this season.

I don't buy into the McTominay abuse either. He's not going to start for us but he's a decent squad player.

mikeyt

ETH's system and tactics is going to highlight even further just how poor a lot of our players are both in and out of possession.

So many of this team are positionally poor, have a dreadful first touch and can't move the ball quickly enough. I fully expect after ETH seeing a season of this, the likes of McTominay, Elanga and others will be gone next summer. We'll have to stick with a lot of them this year to be bodies in the squad but hopefully the likes of Hannibal and co can step into the squad consistently while the dross gets phased out.

In Rainbows

Lindelof and Shaw are 100% at fault for the goal yet Maguire gets all the blame. Nice to see this place hasn't changed a jot since last season.
Maguire could have easily have intercepted the last pass if not for him being slow.

the_cliff

It's funny how our left side was always our most dangerous now with Sancho and Dalot playing the left is useless.

Banana Republic

Shaw is not athletic enough to be in this team
I’ve been watching him throughout this game.
He’s all over the place.
Slow, not anticipating play and moving up into positions to revive a pass, wondering around aimlessly.
He’s playing walking football.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Lindelof and Shaw are 100% at fault for the goal yet Maguire gets all the blame. Nice to see this place hasn't changed a jot since last season.
If Maguire had a brain he would step up and play him offside. Baffling how you can't see that.

Castia

Fred has lost possession or made the wrong decision on the ball at least 6 times this half. Dreadful.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I wish I had the same level of self confidence as Fred does when he decides to shoot

Dempsey19

Fred scores a lob with his weaker foot in the last game and now he thinks hes the pre season pirlo.

saivet

I think Dalot has been good, and from looking at what he's been asked to do, I don't think AWB has a chance of being able to do that role well at all.

Bwuk

Freds playing where Frenkie de Jong will play. Mind boggling how different they'll be.

mav_9me

ETH's system and tactics is going to highlight even further just how poor a lot of our players are both in and out of possession.

So many of this team are positionally poor, have a dreadful first touch and can't move the ball quickly enough. I fully expect after ETH seeing a season of this, the likes of McTominay, Elanga and others will be gone next summer. We'll have to stick with a lot of them this year to be bodies in the squad but hopefully the likes of Hannibal and co can step into the squad consistently while the dross gets phased out.
Exactly where I am at. McFred and Elanga you can see don't have the touch and quality for this type of possession based attack vs defense.

Spark

Honestly don’t know which is funnier. Maguire’s running, Fred’s shooting or Martial wearing gloves.
I swear he's always worn gloves (also 11C there currently, winter and that).

Woodenlung

If Maguire had a brain he would step up and play him offside. Baffling how you can't see that.
Lindelof and Shaw are both beaten easily and an attack let down the right hand side which never should have happened. Maguire has a split second decision to make and decides to track back instead. I can't blame him for that when two of his teammates made far worse errors.

AndySmith1990

Don't think any amount of coaching will help a few of these players. Some are simply fundamentally nowhere near good enough for what Ten Hag is trying to implement

WPMUFC

everything is going through Dalot-Sancho, there's no communication between shaw and elanga.