Manchester United co-chairman Joel Glazer will pay his club's portion of the goodwill contribution and the competition revenue

alexthelion

Aside from a few contrarians, I'd expect most rational United fans, including the vast majority on this site who agreed with the protests, will want something more tangible than another open letter before they start trusting the Glazers.
But are supporters going to give them time to prove their actions?

Green_Red

These guys are completely out of touch with where we are in terms of our disgust at how they've turned our club into a golden goose that keeps on laying for them and Morgan Stanley. They are rattled. They must have realised that their customers are about to drop their brand and this product is not the type of product you can just adjust your marketing and go after a new demographic. Hope the protesters continue to turn the heat up on them.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It's spitting fans into face, I can imagine those actions are only making it worse for Glazers.

That said, I think they don't care because there's not much we can do. They don't talk about football in his circles anyway.

Edit
Soccer. They don't talk about soccer.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I have a suspicion there is sarcasm somewhere to be found in this thread. I, for one, am sincere. I know how tempted Our Joel might have been to pay for his misdemeanours out of the United coffers. The money was only going towards a new centre half or fixing a hole in the roof, anyway, so... But no, Joel put his little hand in his own little pocket. Move over, Matt Busby. A new United legend is born.

dinostar77

Whati find most interesting is that UEFA have yet to decide the punishment for Madrid/Barcelona and Juventus for not formally withdrawing from ESL. A mooted 2 year CL ban would be awesome. All 3 clubs need a squad rebuild and 2 years outside CL would make them less appealing for the likes of Haaland, Mbappe Pogba etc.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is funny to see.

The man gets credit for paying up for his own actions. In the real world, if you feck up, you don't get applauded for taking your punishment, you just suck it up and do it.

I also find it rather ridiculous we're meant to appreciate this. Billionaires extract huge sums of money from their companies, enrich themselves and then when they throw some money to the peasants, they should get a medal? I bet some of the club's employees would have loved to get a raise for the hard work they do, instead of paying fines. Some on here need go get a grip.

And don't even begin to lecture me on capitalism. Something being the norm doesn't make it right.

Denis79

I have a suspicion there is sarcasm somewhere to be found in this thread. I, for one, am sincere. I know how tempted Our Joel might have been to pay for his misdemeanours out of the United coffers. The money was only going towards a new centre half or fixing a hole in the roof, anyway, so... But no, Joel put his little hand in his own little pocket. Move over, Matt Busby. A new United legend is born.
What a fantastic human being, all is forgiven.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Their dividend could buy a world class player every season. This goodwill is probably 1/4 of it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've never denied they are bad owners.
You secretly adore them considering the way you hop from thread to thread defending then or criticising their critics. Well done you pro Glazer champ, you. Have a cookie.

alexthelion

You secretly adore them considering the way you hop from thread to thread defending then or criticising their critics. Well done you pro Glazer champ, you. Have a cookie.
Talking bollocks again.

I've not defended them but, yes, I've criticised some of the more extreme posters, which is my right. I know this won't stay in that big empty space between your ears, but I am not pro-Glazer, never have been.

Loon

:lol:
Makes you pine for the days of Martin Edwards and his interesting awaydays...

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This is hilarious. Whatever you might think of the Superleague it didn't break any rules. The Glazers could have told UEFA to get fekked with their fine. This is pure performance art.

JustinC00

that will come out of whatever the transfer budget is for this summer

tjb

One thing I have noticed is that there is a difference in the Glazers. Joel seems to be more willing to get involved with United. He's the one bringing out the PR pieces. There's Avram ,the one with the ponytail, who seems not to care much for the public side of things, but somehow is our executive co-chairman, probably because he's older. I think there's a bit of a difference there.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Meanwhile OT is falling into pieces

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
How nice to pay 5 million when you've rinsed us for 1.5 billion. Sod off n do one

stw2022

The money that’s gone out of the club just to pay for ourselves to have the privilege of being owned by them is outrageous.

Complaining about dividends is absolutely bizarre. Shareholders in the 90s didn’t get a post-it note with a smiley face in the post

Colin Clarke

Big whoop, He was part of the problem, he dragged United's good name into the mud he should pay the fine. Be interested to see what punishment Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus get as they haven't as yet retracted their application to the ESL