Manchester United F.C. vs. Swansea City A.F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Damm, had presumed Rooney would be back for this one.

We weren't losing that Swansea game until Fabio went mental, so hope for better tomorrow.
We looked stale though, we didn't look like winning either in fairness.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I don't think it's possibly to lose 4 in a row. Purely because of how my mind has conditioned numbers thought. Were probably more likely to lose this than the last one.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
DDG​
Rafael - Smalling - Vidic - Evra​
Jones​
Carrick - Fletcher​
Januzaj - Welbeck​
Hernández​
No bloody wingers. Crowd the midfield. Win 2-0. Get those bastards Rooney and RVP back for Chelsea. And Evans - no date for his return, I see. I bloody well hope that isn't a bad sign.​
Seconded.

If Jones isn't quite ready then i suppose we push one of the other two back and bring in Kagawa to the central midfield. We might also see one or two more through balls finally. :)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Seconded.

If Jones isn't quite ready then i suppose we push one of the other two back and bring in Kagawa to the central midfield. We might also see one or two more through balls finally. :)
Aye - if Phil isn't ready, Fletcher pushes back and Kagawa comes in. I really hope Phil is ready, though - we need someone with a bit of...Jones out there.

hp88

No bloody wingers. Crowd the midfield. Win 2-0. Get those bastards Rooney and RVP back for Chelsea. And Evans - no date for his return, I see. I bloody well hope that isn't a bad sign.
According to physioroom, Evans and Jones will be fit for tomorrow.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
If Rooney, Van Persie, Ferdinand, Nani, Evans, Jones, Young, Fabio & Fellaini are out................

Starting XI:----..-,De Gea
Rafael.....,Smalling................Vidic........Evra
.............,.Carrick.........,....Anderson
Januzaj.................Kagawa............... .Zaha
...........................Welbeck

Bench: Lindegaard, Büttner, Fletcher, Cleverley, Valencia, Lingard, Hernandez

Anderson: I know Anderson is terrible but the other alternatives aren't much better

Zaha: Like the Anderson situation.....Valencia is terrible and Nani & Young are injured........i know Zaha is "better" on the right wing but Januzaj has played fantastic on right wing in the last weeks and i've feeling Zaha will score a cracker from the left wing (Come on i can dream :D )

Kagawa: If he plays then he must play as number 10 Moyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rossa

If Rooney, Van Persie, Ferdinand, Nani, Evans, Jones, Young, Fabio & Fellaini are out................

Anderson: I know Anderson is terrible but the other alternatives aren't much better

Zaha: Like the Anderson situation.....Valencia is terrible and Nani & Young are injured........i know Zaha is "better" on the right wing but Januzaj has played fantastic on right wing in the last weeks and i've feeling Zaha will score a cracker from the left wing (Come on i can dream :D )

Kagawa: If he plays then he must play as number 10 Moyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, that would be interesting to see. I think Ando should get the chance now. Cleverley has been atrocious lately, and I doubt Ando could possibly do worse. Zaha is a blank page for me; I would probably start with Valencia but put on Zaha for either Januzaj or Valencia - which ever that doesn't work.

Devil may care

Given that we don't seem to have any returns I think Moyes might well play Welbeck and Hernandez up top with Kagawa on the left and of course Valencia on the right.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I have hit a fork in the road with this one. I can't remember the last time I have not watched United live (by choice), it would be going back 10 years. This game is at 4.20am in Sydney and I am really deciding if I want to set the alarm to watch what I have been seeing recently. The game is replayed at 3pm the next day but I don't know if I can go that long without hearing the result.

I'm sure I will end up setting the alarm but this is a first for me, I am really considering staying asleep and not putting myself through it.

I think Swansea will win, they play better football and we are low on confidence. Plus, I can see the media with another loss, so it's all set up for another loss but if we get an early goal and get on the front foot, hopefully the crowd can rally and push the lads on to 3 points.

wonnie

I have hit a fork in the road with this one. I can't remember the last time I have not watched United live (by choice), it would be going back 10 years. This game is at 4.20am in Sydney and I am really deciding if I want to set the alarm to watch what I have been seeing recently. The game is replayed at 3pm the next day but I don't know if I can go that long without hearing the result.

I'm sure I will end up setting the alarm but this is a first for me, I am really considering staying asleep and not putting myself through it.

I think Swansea will win, they play better football and we are low on confidence. Plus, I can see the media with another loss, so it's all set up for another loss but if we get an early goal and get on the front foot, hopefully the crowd can rally and push the lads on to 3 points.

Really? Over the years I've come to not watch United by choice many times... 4:20 am is a terrible time to get up and watch a football game. Well (marginally) better than 3am kick offs.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Really? Over the years I've come to not watch United by choice many times... 4:20 am is a terrible time to get up and watch a football game. Well (marginally) better than 3am kick offs.
Yeh, I would agree, the 3am ones are the worst.

Gee Male

My word!

I'd go with this today:

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Vidic - Evra
Carrick - Fletcher
Januzaj - Kagawa - Welbeck
Hernandez

Encourage some movement between their midfield and defence, swap positions all over the place in that area if there's any space at all. That should give Carrick/Fletcher someone to pick a pass to, so that our midfield might actually have the opportunity to prove that they're not good enough rather than having our players further forward doing that job for them.

Win the fecking game.

Salfordlad70

My word!

I'd go with this today:

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Vidic - Evra
Carrick - Fletcher
Januzaj - Kagawa - Welbeck
Hernandez

Encourage some movement between their midfield and defence, swap positions all over the place in that area if there's any space at all. That should give Carrick/Fletcher someone to pick a pass to, so that our midfield might actually have the opportunity to prove that they're not good enough rather than having our players further forward doing that job for them.

Win the fecking game.
Before each game I look at some of the formations posted and think yes, that will that and your suggestion has me feeling that way.I would choose Fletcher and Carrick.I would also choose Adnan on the right and Shinji as a nbr 10.I would prefer Danny as the striker but I don't want to see Tony V today, because I forgot to get my medication from the chemist.Hernandez needs to play because there are few others in the team with a goal in them.I hope this team is picked and that is does the business!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Cleverley shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, nevermind the first team, after that shambles against Sunderland. Fletch, Anderson or even Kagawa, anyone but Cleverley to partner Carrick, please.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wouldn't play Fletch. I know his story warms the heart and all that, but I think he has been way off the pace since his return. Not that that is surprising or he isn't entitled, but this team is no where near good enough to have a midfielder moving around like he's treading water.

Personally, I think Anderson has been treated awfully this season. Moyes has spolen about having a good look at hus players, and that has included plenty of games for everyone from Buttner to Young, yet in the middle with underperforming players, Anderson can barely get on the bench. At some point last season it seemed to have been decided that he was a far worse player than Cleverley, and I'm not sure how that decision was reached myself.

He's also a player who, unlike most others, gets worse on the caf the less he plays. He isn't as terrible as most make out, andbin my opinion is a better player than Cleverley at least, and always has been. Whether either of them are good enough is a different story, but while both are here, Anderson should feature more, if only to ensure Cleverley does not play 4 games in a fecking week.

Thisistheone

Would Love to see this. If only, though.

Giggsforever

As long as we are not starting Giggs or Valencia I think we are fine.

If Valencia announced in the starting 11 in 30 minutes, then we should get someone to lock him in the dressing room on his way out. He is killing the fun in watching United.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
As long as we are not starting Giggs or Valencia I think we are fine.

If Valencia announced in the starting 11 in 30 minutes, then we should get someone to lock him in the dressing room on his way out. He is killing the fun in watching United.

We're playing at 5:30 mate.

Rossa

Watching the first half between Hull City and Chelsea, I have to say that Chelsea are not playing better than United does when we, and the media, criticise them heavily. Chelsea may yet win this match, but their overall play is far from convincing. Their midfielders aren't really able to boss the midfield of Hull and their wingers create nothing.

Havak

Pokemon master
Riddled with injuries so I don't think the team is too difficult to predict:

de Gea​
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra​
Carrick Cleverley​
Valencia Kagawa Januzaj​
Welbeck​
--​
Lindegaard; Buttner; Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Zaha; Hernandez​

Assuming Rooney, van Persie, Evans, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, and Jones are not fit. I think the only ones who have a chance from that list are Evans and Jones, who will probably play if fit as Jones will do a better job than Cleverley, and Evans is better at passing the ball than Smalling and Vidic, which is going to be important against Swansea obviously.

Like most of us, I would rather see Valencia and Cleverley omitted from the side, but looking at the potential match day squad, I think they're going to have to play. If Jones and Evans are fit, then I'd love to see us play something more like this today:

de Gea​
Rafael Vidic Evans Evra​
Jones Carrick Anderson​
Januzaj Kagawa​
Welbeck​

I don't think we're going to see it though, possibly never. Moyes just doesn't seem to be able to play a different formation. All of his tactics and formations seem to involve playing the same way all the time and hoping it works, or on the odd occasion, putting Valencia at Right Back. Everything is always a like-for-like change, there is a lack of ambition to get results IMO. The last game against Swansea and the game against Sunderland are prime examples:

Swansea FAC: Januzaj replaces Valencia. Fair change, but in the end, it's like-for-like as he goes and stands on the right wing, obviously instructed to do so. Fabio replaces Ferdinand through injury. We all wanted to see Fabio play, but it's a change to stay in the same shape even though we're a man down and drawing the game. The game plan seems to be hold out for a draw and get a replay... Why not just throw Fletcher to Right Back in the first place and get another midfield player on? What's more, is that we're down to 10-men and having to work that much harder, yet Moyes opts to not make the third change. I don't understand this, especially in injury time when you are a goal down and have Giggs and Zaha on the bench who might offer something.

Sunderland COC: Another defensive injury, another like-for-like change. This one is probably fair enough again, but we could argue that when you're not winning the game you should take more of a gamble to get a second goal, this requirement for a Manchester United manager was again not met. We are losing the game, so Moyes replaces Cleverley with Darren Fletcher. I don't care how anyone puts this, but it is a defensive change when we are losing. He then proceeds to leave it until the 87th minute to bring on Hernandez, who even out of form, is our most potent goal threat in the squad at the moment. For once, he did not have an out-and-out winger in the side, which could be a positive, but when it was for a grand total of 8 minutes it might as well not have happened.

This shit happens time and time again and we lose. Do more than make changes without changing the shape and formation, and show more ambition to get results. Sticking with the same strategy is clearly not working, we are not simply being unlucky every single time. It's just not good enough.

Regardless of all that, despite the injuries right now which are bad, I feel alright about today and think we'll win 2-0.

Tibs

I'd start with a middle/attack of

---------- Carrick and Fletcher -----------

Young --------- Kagawa -------- Adnan

---------------Hernandez------------------

Valencia shouldn't even make the bench

Eugenius

Team I would pick:

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling (Evans if fit), Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Fletcher, Januzaj, Kagawa, Zaha, Welbeck

We all know that Valencia will start though and probably Cleverley too. I'd probably guess at a midfield 3 with Janu and Valencia out wide

Tibs

Valencia starting makes me want to cry. Zaha is a better option, Buttner is a better option, Rio is a better option

Status
Not open for further replies.