Manchester United F.C. vs. Swansea City A.F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"Could be" out for another 6 weeks, if the injury as bad as the really bad Thigh one he got at Arsenal.

It's a Daily Mail article, and they're not ones for going down the scaremongering approach generally...:p

Cina

If Valencia starts I'm basically resigned to a shite game of football.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Swansea are without half the team. Surely not even Moyes can mess this up

hehehe

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
From the United website

Rooney and RvP still out

David Moyes has confirmed he has sent Wayne Rooney on a hot-weather break to accelerate his recovery from a groin problem, while Robin van Persie is still unavailable for action due to a thigh problem.
As a result, both strikers will miss Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter with Swansea City at Old Trafford, although the boss is optimistic that Rooney will return from overseas to face old foes Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday 19 January.
“Well, with Wayne we've sent him away on a hot-weather break," Moyes told reporters during his pre-match press conference at the Aon Training Complex. "His groin isn't quite recovered yet so we've sent the fitness coach with him and he's away with his family. It will give Wayne a bit of break.
“We always hoped to be able to do it at some time in the season and the groin is not as good as we'd hoped. Hopefully we can get him fit for [the] Chelsea [match] but we'll see how he is. He's away and will do some work with the fitness coach.
"Robin is going to be a little while. We'll do everything we can to get him back quickly. Wayne has got an injury and we have to hope for that, but we'll see how it goes. It's probably the right time to give it a chance to heal. We thought the best thing was to get him to the warmer weather with one of the coaches and spend time with the family as well. Hopefully it will make him better."

Rossa

Maybe Hernandes will show up for this one. There were some promising signs last match. He's been quite poor this season, so let's hope he can improve as he can be a great asset.

nemanja15

OFFICIAL MUFC XI:

de Gea

Rafael
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Fletcher
Januzaj

Kagawa
Welbeck

SUBS: Lindegaard, Buttner, Cleverley, Giggs, Lingard, Zaha, Hernandez.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Maybe Hernandes will show up for this one. There were some promising signs last match. He's been quite poor this season, so let's hope he can improve as he can be a great asset.
He seems to drop deep to get involved these days, rather than just lingering on the shoulder. I dunno if that's something Moyes is instructing him to do, or if he's frustrated at not being involved. Under Fergie, he always seemed to play as high as possible at all times, which suits him better IMO. His link up play has improved a bit, but I think if he plays, he needs to be running along the back line and creating space by pulling them all over the place. He's more useful that way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good team, exactly the one I predicted in the lineups thread I think! As bad as it sounds, it's good to see cleverley not starting. Hopefully kagawa, welbeck and januzaj can play some good stuff together, the potential is certainly there.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Kagawa behind Welbeck, interesting. Januzaj playing too, that's good.

Valencia though, what does he actually have to do before getting dropped?

Brophs

The One and Only
Sightly surprised he didn't start Hernandez being at home and all but Kagawa playing behind Welbeck is probably sensible to give us an extra body given the formation Swansea play and how they keep the ball.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good side. As annoying as Valencia can be, he is often far more effective with Rafa buzzing around him than he is with Smalling. Hopefully he'll at least be able to create space for Rafa to attack.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Time for Kagawa to show us what he's made of!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lingard on the bench as well! Hopefully he comes on for Valencia at some point, either him or zaha. Even boy maybe.
A front four of :
Welbeck
Lingard januzaj zaha
Would be quite good to watch I think although their all obviously young players who have a long way to go.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Hopefully this is a 4-2-3-1.

Good side on paper, that. Hoping for a good display from Carrick and Fletcher together.

Status
Not open for further replies.