Manchester United home kit 2018/19

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Horrible choice for us. That's not Manchester United Football Club red.

We have a 'blood red' shirt as our home kit, and a non-'blood red' shirt as our away kit. Pink is the worst possible choice. It cheapens the identity of the club's colours because it takes the traditional red and washes it out.

Think about it... United red is distinctly different from Liverpool red or Arsenal red. A half-way measure like the above undermines that distinction. I really don't like this direction. Hope it isn't real. The away kit should be a departure from the home colours, not an undercutting of them.
What bollocks are you spouting? 1) it's an away kit, so why would it be "Manchester United red?" And 2), last season we had a home shirt that had two distinct shades of red. Hell, our best kit in the last 20 years was 06/07, which is a completely different shade of Red to out 07/09 kit. So again I ask, that is Manchester United red?

kr0nix

Wish we could have got something like Palermo's 16/17 home kit:

kr0nix

State of that, United's is much nicer than that monstrosity.
The variation on the usual turtle neck collar really stands out. The black and gold trim matches the colour scheme on the badge. I'll admit the lack of a giant gold cross in the center does help the designers though.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I don't understand why a pink away kit would even be considered. I would think that any team that clashes with the red shirt, would also clash with the pink shirt. So kinda defeats the purpose. We might as well just wear the red kit. Though i guess it would mean we could see the third kit more often, which I'd be more than happy with.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't understand why a pink away kit would even be considered. I would think that any team that clashes with the red shirt, would also clash with the pink shirt. So kinda defeats the purpose. We might as well just wear the red kit. Though i guess it would mean we could see the third kit more often, which I'd be more than happy with.

Looks fine to me.

Acole9

Outstanding
Why? That makes no sense, there are multiple sources vouching for the home one and we have known we were getting a pink away months ago. They're very much legit.
That home one just looks like it could be fake and a pink shirt?!

RyRy11

Horrible choice for us. That's not Manchester United Football Club red.

We have a 'blood red' shirt as our home kit, and a non-'blood red' shirt as our away kit. Pink is the worst possible choice. It cheapens the identity of the club's colours because it takes the traditional red and washes it out.

Think about it... United red is distinctly different from Liverpool red or Arsenal red. A half-way measure like the above undermines that distinction. I really don't like this direction. Hope it isn't real. The away kit should be a departure from the home colours, not an undercutting of them.
What are you on? You are basically saying we cant have any other colour kit because its not red... Stop beating around the bush and admit you don't like pink.

RyRy11

I think our alternate kits are a bit of a gimmick at times.. we tend to just play in red at every possible opportunity in the league which is around 30 matches anyway.

padzilla

Hipster
Digressing slightly but I am still curious as to why we have had only one yellow away shirt in my memory and that goes back to the days of George Graham playing for us.
It is after all the secondary colour in our club crest...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Shit kits for the shit football we've been playing.

Chris60

Could wear bikini's for all I care as long as we start playing attractive football and competing for the title

Robertd0803

If we win the league/CL while wearing a pink jersey will anyone complain about the jersey then?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I've always wondered who actually chooses the new kits for us.

I assume the kit manufacturer will provide us with a few ideas and we'll pick from those?

Or does the club's marketing/commercial team actively tell the manufacturer what it wants?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I've always wondered who actually chooses the new kits for us.

I assume the kit manufacturer will provide us with a few ideas and we'll pick from those?

Or does the club's marketing/commercial team actively tell the manufacturer what it wants?
I assume that the kit manufacturer decides in the end. They pay an obscene amount of money for that right.

Could be wrong, though.

Gearbox Paddy

Inappropriate Content
Call me old fashioned, but I want to see a nice classy red home kit, white away and blue third.

Not a home kit that looks like something from the training range.

Someone needs a good slap in the kit designing dept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sterling Archer

I quite like the lighter pink version of the away kit. I haven't bought one in ages because I have several home and couple black away... Something different like this and ill pony up

Cheekiey

got a feeling our home kit will look really good on the players wearing full kit. once seen on the players I think it will change everybody's mind.

Also from a distance like the tv angle, it will look ace seeing the red flow into the black and back into the red again for the socks then black, don't think it'll look 'stripey' when watching on tele or from a far.

20solskjaer

Call me old fashioned, but I want to see a nice classy red home kit, white away and blue third.

Not a home kit that looks like something from the training range. A pink kit that makes the Red Devils look like a team of poofters.

You need a good slap for spouting this rubbish

vangagal

Not a home kit that looks like something from the training range. A pink kit that makes the Red Devils look like a team of poofters.

Ban this shit!

Judas

Open to offers
Some on here really showing their age with the hate for a colour, it’s 2018, get a grip.

It’s not as nice as the Juve one of a few years ago, think the different colours really helped make it pop, but still looks nice.

MrPooni

That's got to be ban worthy, surely? Christ.

Oaencha

Some on here really showing their age with the hate for a colour, it’s 2018, get a grip.

It’s not as nice as the Juve one of a few years ago, think the different colours really helped make it pop, but still looks nice.
That’s really presumptious. My dislike for the kit has nothing to do with not feeling comfortable wearing pink. I just hate that fleshy, skin-coloured shade. I love purple and electric pink and would be delighted if the new kit was the colour/s below.

MrPooni

That’s really presumptious. My dislike for the kit has nothing to do with not feeling comfortable wearing pink. I just hate that fleshy, skin-coloured shade. I love purple and electric pink and would be delighted if the new kit was the colour/s below.
Nothing presumptuous about it given he was responding to some weapon unironically using the word "poofters" in the year of our lord 2018.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
From what I’ve seen the pink/black kit is really nice, but it’s just not United. Have we ever had an outfield kit that isn’t predominately red, blue, white or black?

Teams like Chelsea or Barca usually have an outlandish change of kit but United have always been quite traditional with their kit colours.

Nick7

From what I’ve seen the pink/black kit is really nice, but it’s just not United. Have we ever had an outfield kit that isn’t predominately red, blue, white or black?

Teams like Chelsea or Barca usually have an outlandish change of kit but United have always been quite traditional with their kit colours.
Green and gold. Gold. Yellow.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Green and gold. Gold. Yellow.
Ah yeah how can I forget the green and gold kits. Still, they’re United colours (Newton Heath).

If we had a pink, light blue, orange, brown, purple, electric yellow or any other random colour of kit it’s just daft. Doesn’t suit us.

Nick7

Ah yeah how can I forget the green and gold kits. Still, they’re United colours (Newton Heath).

If we had a pink, light blue, orange, brown, purple, electric yellow or any other random colour of kit it’s just daft. Doesn’t suit us.
I guess. I'm biased as I love pink, at least it's somewhat related to Manchester.