Manchester United - January transfer window 2015 (twitter blacklist applies)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I highly doubt Fletch is going to Valencia.
The fact that these stories are coming out makes you think they would sell for the right price. The Valencia thing does seem odd. Sorry Fletch but at this moment in time that is too good a team. W.B.A. or a lower Spanish team maybe. As someone said it's amazing Moyes hasn't enquired about him.

Golden Nugget

From Eurosports:

United want Pique return after Savic snub: Manchester United are set to step up their interest in Barcelona’s Gerard Pique after failing to sign Fiorentina’s Stefan Savic, report the Express. Louis van Gaal’s United – along with Tottenham – were linked with a move for former Man City defender Savic over the summer and were reportedly set to renew their interest before the winter transfer window closes. But, according to the Express, the Montenegro international has quashed any possibility of him leaving the Serie A side by signing a new deal. And now, United boss Van Gaal is preparing a £15m bid to bring Pique back to United.

Savic!? Really? Not sure how much he's improved at Fiorentina - but he was very average at City

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
No way Barca are selling with a transfer ban on.

The fact that these stories are coming out makes you think they would sell for the right price. The Valencia thing does seem odd. Sorry Fletch but at this moment in time that is too good a team. W.B.A. or a lower Spanish team maybe. As someone said it's amazing Moyes hasn't enquired about him.
Oh, certainly see him going. Not to Spain though, lower Prem, Scotland perhaps?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
From Eurosports:

United want Pique return after Savic snub: Manchester United are set to step up their interest in Barcelona’s Gerard Pique after failing to sign Fiorentina’s Stefan Savic, report the Express. Louis van Gaal’s United – along with Tottenham – were linked with a move for former Man City defender Savic over the summer and were reportedly set to renew their interest before the winter transfer window closes. But, according to the Express, the Montenegro international has quashed any possibility of him leaving the Serie A side by signing a new deal. And now, United boss Van Gaal is preparing a £15m bid to bring Pique back to United.

Savic!? Really? Not sure how much he's improved at Fiorentina - but he was very average at City
In the trade that's what we call a 'lie'.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I highly doubt Fletch is going to Valencia.
I actually laughed out loud when I heard that on Talksport this morning.

No way at all is anyone interested in talking Fletcher on, not now, not ever.

Sparky Rhiwabon

From Eurosports:

Savic snub? I hadn't heard much about that transfer attempt!

Brophs

The One and Only
Savic? The guy who looked absolutely pony for City? Jesus. We have fallen hard in this mythical transfer universe.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
As i said in the Otamendi thread today's United rumor in Portugal is Indi again

It basically says that United are interested in him and that Van Gaal would like to put Januzaj on loan in that deal

DomesticTadpole

As i said in the Otamendi thread today's United rumor in Portugal is Indi again

It basically says that United are interested in him and that Van Gaal would like to put Januzaj on loan in that deal
Martins Indi? He's more of an accident waiting to happen than we already have. He is big and powerful and shit.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Savic? The guy who looked absolutely pony for City? Jesus. We have fallen hard in this mythical transfer universe.
Agreed.

Gone are the days about made up transfer bids for Torres, Thiago, and Sneijder being rejected, now its made up transfer bids for Savic and Otemendi being dismissed.

We are only one step away from made up bids for the likes of Micheal Smith and Scott Wagstaff being laughed off the table.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Martins Indi? He's more of an accident waiting to happen than we already have. He is big and powerful and shit.
Indi is a decent player. Don't know if he is United level. Porto defense has been much better than last season. If we compare Mangala's last year with Indi's, the dutch player has a clear advantage. Also think that a Januzaj loan to Porto would do wonders for the player. Look at Oliver loan from Atlético, it pains me to say it since i'm a Sporting fan but he has been amazing. Clear evolution since he came to Porto. Better than Brahimi in the last months.

DomesticTadpole

Indi is a decent player. Don't know if he is United level. Porto defense has been much better than last season. If we compare Mangala's last year with Indi's, the dutch player has a clear advantage. Also think that a Januzaj loan to Porto would do wonders for the player. Look at Oliver loan from Atlético, it pains me to say it since i'm a Sporting fan but he has been amazing. Clear evolution since he came to Porto. Better than Brahimi in the last months.
I only know watching him for Holland and he has not always looked that good. Hopefully he has improved. Is this the start of an influx of Dutch players?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I only know watching him for Holland and he has not always looked that good. Hopefully he has improved. Is this the start of an influx of Dutch players?
Perhaps. I do know that Van Gaal rates him since he called him to the Dutch national team. Don't know if he is good enough for United though. Both Indi and Otamendi would be hard to get since they have just joined their respective clubs in the summer.

Devil may care

I'm surprised we aren't interested in Schar, he seems like an LvG type of CB to me and should be reasonably priced.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Savic, Otamendi, Indi...wuttt?? we need to be signing better players than that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm surprised we aren't interested in Schar, he seems like an LvG type of CB to me and should be reasonably priced.
I think we want a top class CB like Hummels, Godin or Miranda now. Schar seems a good option but he hasn't really played in a top league yet and would be more in the line with Rojo which is too risky for our needs.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
:lol: Savic! I guesw he's young as might have improved since city, he was worse than Bramble then

DomesticTadpole

I think we want a top class CB like Hummels, Godin or Miranda now. Schar seems a good option but he hasn't really played in a top league yet and would be more in the line with Rojo which is too risky for our needs.
What if we can't get them, we get snubbed by plenty of players, are we then stuck with what we have?

Sarni

What if we can't get them, we get snubbed by plenty of players, are we then stuck with what we have?
There are plenty of mid-range defenders around that we could go for. Perhaps even Schar will take his time to decide and might be available in 6 months time.

That said I would like us to try and go for a younger defender in the mould of Schar. I know we still have Jones and Smalling but both have been very inconsistent and I won't be surprised if one of them leaves us soon.

DomesticTadpole

There are plenty of mid-range defenders around that we could go for. Perhaps even Schar will take his time to decide and might be available in 6 months time.

That said I would like us to try and go for a younger defender in the mould of Schar. I know we still have Jones and Smalling but both have been very inconsistent and I won't be surprised if one of them leaves us soon.
I'd agree with that, but is LvG the type who wants certain players and if he can't get them tough. I hope he has an open mind about who he could buy and not that it only has to be the big name. His name alone might not have the pulling power it once had.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What does it say about Gauld?
It says he is a quick learner and that he has already achieved his objective for the first year. It was to play in the cups and reach the main team. Next year he will move from Sporting B to the main team permanently and in 2016/2017 he should be a starter for the main team. We Sporting supporters have big expectations regarding him.

Devil may care

We probably can't get one of them until the summer though and I got the impression we are after 2, with the other being younger.

Sarni

We probably can't get one of them until the summer though and I got the impression we are after 2, with the other being younger.
Well we can wait until Summer. We have four defenders that will HOPEFULLY compete for two spots.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It says he is a quick learner and that he has already achieved his objective for the first year. It was to play in the cups and reach the main team. Next year he will move from Sporting B to the main team permanently and in 2016/2017 he should be a starter for the main team. We Sporting supporters have big expectations regarding him.
Good stuff! Glad he's doing well for ya'll. Might encourage more adventurous transfers for UK and Irish players.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Good stuff! Glad he's doing well for ya'll. Might encourage more adventurous transfers for UK and Irish players.
We did an approach for Stuart Armstrong i think but Dundee rejected our approach. I think Gauld has alot of potencial. The technic, the vision and passing is there. Our football department has started the bulking process. It will help him but it's not essencial. We have plenty of lightweight players like André Martins, João Mário and Podence who can clearly compete. With his age he can hold his own against the veterans. Last weeks match was very hard because Rio Ave is a very good team. Both physical and technically. When he entered our midfield was struggling and like i said he brought balance, composure and he clicked very well with William Carvalho and João Mário. He will play tonight for the League cup again. Dunno if a starter but he will get minutes.

Stadjer

Perhaps. I do know that Van Gaal rates him since he called him to the Dutch national team. Don't know if he is good enough for United though. Both Indi and Otamendi would be hard to get since they have just joined their respective clubs in the summer.
As a Dutch person i saw Martins Indi play in the Eredivisie too. He was really bad for a while last season. He did okay at the WC but Vlaar and de Vrij were much better, Blind actually managed to replace him quite well when Indi was injured.

I dont think he will ever be good enough for Manchester United but van Gaal likes to buy players he knows.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
As a Dutch person i saw Martins Indi play in the Eredivisie too. He was really bad for a while last season. He did okay at the WC but Vlaar and de Vrij were much better, Blind actually managed to replace him quite well when Indi was injured.

I dont think he will ever be good enough for Manchester United but van Gaal likes to buy players he knows.
He is doing alright at Porto. Not spectacular but stable and efficient. They did sell Mangala for 30 millions, so who knows what they can do with Indi.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So we're after everyone... typical United transfer window.

On a serious note, we got some competition for a Champions League spot so get to work, Woody.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's worrying that people Are linking us to absolutely woeful players

Indi makes mangala look good, sissoko is just a very very poor mans version of yaya, otemendi has played decemt for only a few months previous to that he's been very average.

Brophs

The One and Only
Buying a player, particularly from abroad where they'd have to settle in, gives us no guarantee of improved performances, IMO. It'd get them settled for next season, though, which would surely make perfect sense.