Manchester United - January transfer window 2015 (twitter blacklist applies)

IceDevil

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really hope this is true. He's my fav bundesliga player, he really would be an amazing signing and as you say, he's really Scholesy-like.
Agreed. He'll definitely make a move at the end of the season I think, he's too good for Wolfsburg. Bayern, PSG, Man City (and now us) are linked, so he seems to be a bit of a hot commodity. The only issue is where he plays - he can play anywhere across the 'front three'; the #10 or either flank, or even as a box to box CM, but we're a bit stacked. I would be more than happy to see Mata shipped out for him, who is a lot less versatile than the player in question. I believe they're interested in Schurrle (for some reason) and need the funds to make it happen. We'll have to see if anything develops though

2 Neville's

De Bruyne is quality, best Belgian performer at the World Cup for me, would love him here.

2 Neville's

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Sadly Shayk is off the market. Winter transfer from Ronaldo to the Rock.

orangeboom999

Hiding under a rock until the next game...
It's worrying that people Are linking us to absolutely woeful players

Indi makes mangala look good, sissoko is just a very very poor mans version of yaya, otemendi has played decemt for only a few months previous to that he's been very average.
I don't think its worrying at all. Just goes to show that none of these journos have got a clue what the transfer policy is or who we're after. They're just making ng up spurious links. 'Well United probably need a defender and LVG is Dutch. Martins Indi is a defender and he's Dutch. United are in for Martins Indi.' Laughable!!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't think its worrying at all. Just goes to show that none of these journos have got a clue what the transfer policy is or who we're after. They're just making ng up spurious links. 'Well United probably need a defender and LVG is Dutch. Martins Indi is a defender and he's Dutch. United are in for Martins Indi.' Laughable!!
Yeah I suppose the Dutch players will be linked with us just because of LVG. The rest is utter rubbish there hasn't been any solid evidence linking us with anyone this window so I suppose they could make whatever they want up.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I don't think we need necessarily to sign someone in this window unless an extra-ordinary talent is available. The squad as it is quite good for a top 4 place. I would wait till the summer to augment the RB, CB, CM and wing positions.

We have plenty of squad fillers, it's the first team that needs injection of quality, which is often hard to acquire in the Jan window. A couple of young, cheap players with potential should be what we should sign in this window.

032Devil

Looks like we're not going to be doing any incoming business this window.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Maybe it's for the best, last season we wasted £40million on Mata which basically achieved nothing. It's disappointing but oh well.
Was a panic buy. Moyes didn't have a clue what he was building. Just signed an available class player to try and get people off his back.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Maybe it's for the best, last season we wasted £40million on Mata which basically achieved nothing. It's disappointing but oh well.
Mata is 26 years old. To say the signing achieved nothing is hilarious. Yes, he didn't lead us to a top 4 finish but that was hardly his fault. Judge the business when his United career is over.

Golden Nugget

Mata is 26 years old. To say the signing achieved nothing is hilarious. Yes, he didn't lead us to a top 4 finish but that was hardly his fault. Judge the business when his United career is over.
Agreed. It's also harsh on a player when the manager that signed them is sacked/no longer there. Mata looked good under Moyes, but has LVG has changed the team around completely and it has clearly affected him. The other one that comes to mind is Zaha - never even got the chance to play for he manager that brought him.

NoPace

If we don't sign Falcao and do sign a wide attacker, for example and obviously optimistically let's say Bale, Mata could absolutely end up working out here, in something like this:

------Rooney-----------
---------Mata------Bale
--DiMaria--------------
-----------Herrera-----
-------Blind-------------

Surround him with some pace from out wide and let him play as a 10 and he'll be productive.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Mata is a terrific player and the least of our problems.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
you said we should judge Mata when his United career is over. So in the summer then
If some of the asylum get their wish, maybe. However, he is a great player and is doing well, he will stay and I'm positive he will keep contributing, especially in Europe.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
That would be LVG's fault. Mata would fit into my system (yeah, erm, sounds a bit erm...)

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If we don't sign Falcao and do sign a wide attacker, for example and obviously optimistically let's say Bale, Mata could absolutely end up working out here, in something like this:

------Rooney-----------
---------Mata------Bale
--DiMaria--------------
-----------Herrera-----
-------Blind-------------

Surround him with some pace from out wide and let him play as a 10 and he'll be productive.
That looks a class formation. If only our manager didn't have a twitchy arse...

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What utter horse shit.
Its not really though is it? He bought a central attacking mid, who he claimed was the best playmaker in the league, then he played him LM or RM. Moyes didn't have a clue what he was doing, we also has numerous players who could play the central attacking position, hence why Mata was shunted out wide.

soapythecat

Its not really though is it? He bought a central attacking mid, who he claimed was the best playmaker in the league, then he played him LM or RM. Moyes didn't have a clue what he was doing, we also has numerous players who could play the central attacking position, hence why Mata was shunted out wide.
Whats to say he didn't buy him for his utility to play as a playmaker out wide too? For someone to suggest that a club the stature of United and run by proper businessmen, would let David Moyes spend 30m+ on a player just to boost his ego - seriously? Sounded like another reason to bash Moyes.

Mersault

If we don't sign anyone this window (apart from Valdes on a free) could we still call back a player currently on loan? Is the Nani deal sorted for the full season? And what about Zaha (though I'm sure LVG doesn't fancy him nor 90% of the Caf)?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Whats to say he didn't buy him for his utility to play as a playmaker out wide too? For someone to suggest that a club the stature of United and run by proper businessmen, would let David Moyes spend 30m+ on a player just to boost his ego - seriously? Sounded like another reason to bash Moyes.
No, I didn't say anything about signing him to boost his ego. I said it was a panic buy, a player who we didn't need (because we already had enough players competing for his position). Regardless I still stand by the fact Mata was a panic signing.

Drifter

American
Really thought we would clear out some more dead wood by now. Still time but we're leaving it late.

Last edited: