Manchester United Kits 2011/2012

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Not much difference to the current shirt, with the obvious change with the collar...

decorativeed

Damn, you beat me to it...

Shirt looks alright, but when there are such minor changes as these, it makes you wonder why they bother changing them and what they could possibly tweak next time around. I suppose they must make more money that way, I'd have thought it wouldn't make much difference as a lot of people will just stop buying them when they know they are only going to last 12 months and are only slightly different.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
A new shirt? I thought this was was for 2 years?

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Isn't Barca's kit supposed to have that Qatar sponsor ?

decorativeed

This is goin to be the new thing now isn't it, a new bleedin kit every year!!

Feckin Rip Off
Yeah. I bet United get a lot of stick for it too, even though the likes of Spurs, Everton, and even Middlesbrough have been doing it for years. The FA should introduce a ruling about kits. They should each last at least two seasons. Even if they made them last for three, then they could still release one new kit per year.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Yeah. I bet United get a lot of stick for it too, even though the likes of Spurs, Everton, and even Middlesbrough have been doing it for years. The FA should introduce a ruling about kits. They should each last at least two seasons. Even if they made them last for three, then they could still release one new kit per year.
It's a bit much askin a fan to fork out 50 quid for a new home shirt every year, the seasons go by so fast these days.

Oh and just for the record I do like that shirt but I will not be buying it

decorativeed

disagree.

cantona could pull it off, but in this day and age, collars on football shirts are stupid. it isn't fecking cricket.
Collars on sportswear of any kind are stupid as they were never meant to be accompanied by a tie. I like them though, I loved the 90s shirts with collars, as well as the 70s ones. I'd have liked to see a v-neck for a change (yes, I know we had one in 2006/07).

Alex

I'm a fan of collars, but the ones we have currently are shit. They're always flopping about or popped halfway up/down, so I'd just assume not have them.
agreed, its a bacon neck collar

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Could be worse, Barcelona and Madrid change their kit every fecking season. Kits aren't that important guys, you don't have to buy one and even if you feel the need to you can always get a cheap replica for a quarter of the price.

decorativeed

Could be worse, Barcelona and Madrid change their kit every fecking season. Kits aren't that important guys, you don't have to buy one and even if you feel the need to you can always get a cheap replica for a quarter of the price.
So do United now, by the looks of it. At least Chelsea announced they were switching to a one year cycle, we just haven't bothered to let people know. Many might not have bothered to buy this season's had they known. Last season's was known to be for one season only due to the "commemorative" nature of it (even if Nike couldn't quite figure out what they were commemorating), whereas this current one was thought to be return to a two season kit.

Cina

It really should be every 2 years, especially as the current kit is the most awesome we've had since 06/07.

decorativeed

To be fair you're not forced to buy shirts (or to buy them for your kids for those of us unfortunate enough to have offspring).

I think our current one looks nicer than this one though. That and it does look basically like all they've done is change the collar
That's true. My main objection is that I like to be able to associate a kit with a certain era of at least a couple of years, rather than just one season. At the moment we can remember the successes we had in the kits of the past, in the future no-one will be able to remember when any of these one year kits were worn or what (if anything) was won in them. It just makes them less able to be special.

Godfather

Looks good.
Not a big fan of collars myself so if this turn out to be legit, I'll be happy man.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I know it is early for this but seeing as the supposed kit has already been leaked here we go!

I know it's a crappy photo but it seems this is how Nike have laid out some photos for all next season's kits, as the site this photo is from - Football shirtculture.com - step into the world of football shirts | Football Shirt Culture.com have Barca and Arsenal's for next season too.
That looks like a jumper to me. Don't like it too much, for a company as big as Nike, they could do a better job at designing kits.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Looks quite nice but I think I prefer the current one. Don't like having a new kit every year, but I guess Nike are getting as much out of us as they can.

decorativeed

That looks like a jumper to me. Don't like it too much, for a company as big as Nike, they could do a better job at designing kits.
They have no reason to though. When all they have to do is slightly tweak a plain red shirt every year, what's the point of putting much effort in?

We'll most likely see a trend for a shirt with a few design features one year (like the sleeve stripes currently), then a very basic, plain shirt, then another with some decoration or contrast trim, then another plain one. The shirts just need to have some difference to the last one, but they will inevitably run out of ideas and start to look very similar to older kits. This season's already looks like the 1980-82 shirts, the new one resembles the 2000-02 shirt.

nemanja15

Something that does suddenly make me question the authenticity of these is the fact that, aren't Barca due to have Qatar Foundation on their shirts next year instead?