Manchester United Kits 2011/2012

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Let's just be thankful we don't have AIG on the kits anymore

decorativeed

Thankfully the kit will just look red from any distance. What they should have done is repeat the process they used on the 2007-8 shirt, where the 'stripes' were made with a sheen. Not sure if that's from the stitch pattern or what, but if they used that technique to make a sheen checker pattern I think it would look much much better.

Surely these Nike bozos run these kits by an audience like movies are with test screenings, to see if everyone hates them before they roll them out in production.

Yes, it would have looked better (slightly) but it would have cost a lot more to produce that fabric than to print a pattern onto their normal stuff.

Chrisjn

Thankfully the kit will just look red from any distance. What they should have done is repeat the process they used on the 2007-8 shirt, where the 'stripes' were made with a sheen. Not sure if that's from the stitch pattern or what, but if they used that technique to make a sheen checker pattern I think it would look much much better.

Surely these Nike bozos run these kits by an audience like movies are with test screenings, to see if everyone hates them before they roll them out in production.

I own that shirt in black and red, and have never once realised that pattern!

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I got given that shirt from a bird I was shagging who worked for AIG. She said everyone who worked in her office got one. No wonder the company was in such shit.

RK

Last time I looked at the photo of our new kit, I'll be honest I didn't like it.

But now I think I'm getting used to it.

Getting used to how abhorrent it is.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I think most companies are capable of making excellent kits - Nike included. They don't always put the effort in though. Nike's policy for our kits seems to be to make them as cheaply and as quickly as possible. No effort has been put into next season's kit at all.
Would make sense. The profit on shirt sales would be enormous if it cost a quid to make 100 quid to sell. There has to be well over a million shirts sold every season? Or is that being unrealistic..

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Bet you isparky's left ball sac that come next season, the vast majority will say, you know, that kits not half bad. Like the 09/10 kit with that ugly arse black chevron.

I'd rather it be a table cloth, than the fecking power point slide background that Barca have.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I suppose there have been tons of much uglier kits, especially in Italy. I'd almost rather it was extremely gaudy instead of just looking tacky. They could at least picked a plaid pattern that's more interesting than a tablecloth.