Manchester United kits 2016/17

SirAF

Ageist
Collect various kits so will usually get one or two United shirts with different names on the back per season. Do I wear them when I'm not watching United? No not very often. Occasionally to the gym if my normal gym stuff is in the wash but that's about it.

Don't see why people seem to have an issue with other people buying/wearing football shirts. It's far more childish to take such a ridiculous attitude about something that doesn't in any way affect you than it is to wear a bloody football shirt.
Yeah, I agree with this. I collect the "special" shirts (Cup finals etc) but I wouldn't wear a football shirt just out walking on the street. However, I certainly don't mind anyone doing it.

Last edited:

ravi2

I think once you reach the point where you're older than any of the players who actually play for the team, it's probably time to stop wearing jerseys because you're gonna look a bit goofy.

But if wearing the jersey makes you happy, wear it, by all means.

I disagree with that, I am getting up there in age but still like the jerseys and have a fair collection I wear when I can.

ravi2

I actually like it. Of course I drive a Chevy. What would you prefer? "Fly Emirates" like every 3rd or 4th Club around the world? "Preparation-H"....."Joe's Crab Shack"? :smirk:

It just looks so garish and tacky. It is a tough logo to wear proudly, that is for sure.
I dont recall have any issues with previous sponsors....Sharp, Vodafone, AIG and AON were all good with me.

Jaxdan

It just looks so garish and tacky. It is a tough logo to wear proudly, that is for sure.
I dont recall have any issues with previous sponsors....Sharp, Vodafone, AIG and AON were all good with me.
Not for me. I'm wearing one right now....proudly.

BTW-I have at LEAST one or more of the others you describe hanging in my closet as well. I wear them too...proudly. It's all about the colors and that beautiful badge to me.

We need an rvn

Virgin would make an awesome club sponsor. Imagine selling the shirt with the following "Virgin, every time you put on your United shirt it's like it's being touched for the very first time"

ChaddyP

I think you just have to worry about having your own name printed on the back or not. Once you reach 10 that's a no-no.
I buy a jersey most years. the always have "ChaddyP" on the back of it. in 29 with a wife and a child. I sometimes wear the shirt on Sundays to the mall, or to the gym or to a sports bar if a bunch of us are watch a game or something. I really don't see why there are age limits to wearing a shirt of the team you love and support. :rolleyes:

Coops73

I disagree with that, I am getting up there in age but still like the jerseys and have a fair collection I wear when I can.
I have loads, the wife and kids get me one every birthday, always long sleeved and I only wear mine when watching United, I don't have many from my late teens or early twenties because I was too wasted to give a shit.

ravi2

I have loads, the wife and kids get me one every birthday, always long sleeved and I only wear mine when watching United, I don't have many from my late teens or early twenties because I was to wasted too give a shit.

I dont have any from my earlier life because I couldn't afford one, not to mention to get a (original) United shirt in the 3rd world was close to impossible unless you visited England or somewhere in Europe.

Jaxdan

Maybe the Chevy logo shouldnt have the gold in it. Its just so tacky.
Why couldnt Ford sponsor us :(

Because it is the actual Chevy logo. It matches the colors in the badge. And Ford? Yech...then I would be the one complaining. :cool: It's a 'Mericun thing I guess.

Reggie74

Had a look at the away shirt for the first time in a shop today. It's ok but it looked & felt like a t-shirt, quite different to what I'm used to. Pretty happy with today's end of season purchase of the 2015/16 home shirt, one white & one blue United training shirts, white United adidas jacket all for $150. At the start of the 2015/16 season it would have cost me $290. Love a bargain!

It doesn't matter what age you are, wear your United gear proud. I couldn't give a rats what others think as at the ripe old age of 42yo I wear mine often.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I just got my 6 month old niece last seasons home kit for less than $30. She looks like a mini Rooney without the hairpiece

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I just got my 6 month old niece last seasons home kit for less than $30. She looks like a mini Rooney without the hairpiece
Shocked Ed hasn't merchandised this yet, would be a top selling item.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I like everything a lot but the sleeves are a bit weird. They're a bit garish aren't they? Makes it interesting but they'll take some getting used to.
The sleeves reminds me of those colour blind test patterns.

pacifictheme

Actually starting to really like the blue shirt. Shame it doesn't have the badge in full cours.

Anyone know why the stripes are only on top of the shoulders and not down the arms? Design choice?

Jaxdan

Actually starting to really like the blue shirt. Shame it doesn't have the badge in full cours.

Anyone know why the stripes are only on top of the shoulders and not down the arms? Design choice?
Adidas changed the stripes from the shoulders to down under the arms and down the sides. All sides wearing Adidas kits will sport them like that in 2016/2017 from what I've seen.

pacifictheme

Adidas changed the stripes from the shoulders to down under the arms and down the sides. All sides wearing Adidas kits will sport them like that in 2016/2017 from what I've seen.
The blue one has stripes on the shoulders still, rather than underneath, but they don't go down the arm.

Shark

@NotShark
I actually think that's lovely. Love how the stripes down the side connect with the shorts stripes.

Segment

I'm just annoyed at the stripes being at the side, hopefully this is just this seasons design for whole of adidas

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I really want to get an Ibrahimovic shirt while he's with us, but I hate these new kits.

Mr. Ant

Great kit imo and those stripes :drool: finally something original and people are moaning I don't get it..