Manchester United kits 2016/17

Tiber

Saw this on SW

Don't hate it, think it will look better actually being worn than hanging in a shop. Kinda reminds me of the 2008 kit

Taxx

I still think it looks great. Will absolutely buy it.

Gause

The home kit doesnt look bad. I actually love the different shade style.

zeekey

Saw this on SW

Don't hate it, think it will look better actually being worn than hanging in a shop. Kinda reminds me of the 2008 kit
You can get it on aliexpress to for peanuts. Would recommend.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If it was all the same shade of red I would love it, I just can't help but feel it looks like a stupid half/half shirt. Will probably get the away shirt and leave it at that.

Segment

Love the home kit, especially that honeycomb bit in the middle

Cantona'sCollar

I love it. I think it's our best home kit since the 13/14 Moyes one, with the plain red and the black button-up collar. It will look very good on the players, I think. Subtle colour changes aren't that obvious on the pitch, in the same way the Gingham kit used to look good on TV before the camera would zoom in. Surprised Adidas didn't put stripes on the sleeves, though.

Deleted member 101472

put the AIG sponsor on that kit and its brilliant. The chevrolet logo is going to kill every single kit we make until they stop being our sponsor

20solskjaer

put the AIG sponsor on that kit and its brilliant. The chevrolet logo is going to kill every single kit we make until they stop being our sponsor
:lol: the AIG logo was just as bad, a box with the company name in a standard font inside

zeekey

I've typed in "soccer jerseys" in the search engine which brings up shirts of all teams. I've gone as far as I can be bothered to (£11) and not found any United shirts. So at the moment they're either more than £11 or the suppliers don't have them in stock. I'm on there most days and I'll post a link when I come across one. I brought the new blue one for £9. Something and it's spot on.

mintsnake4

I've typed in "soccer jerseys" in the search engine which brings up shirts of all teams. I've gone as far as I can be bothered to (£11) and not found any United shirts. So at the moment they're either more than £11 or the suppliers don't have them in stock. I'm on there most days and I'll post a link when I come across one. I brought the new blue one for £9. Something and it's spot on.
Can you send me the link of the seller you used for the blue kit? I tried ali express for the first time there and the one I was sent had the badge nearly on the shoulder.. Now I haven't properly studied the blue kit as it's new but I'm pretty sure the badge isn't on the shoulder.. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

zeekey

Can you send me the link of the seller you used for the blue kit? I tried ali express for the first time there and the one I was sent had the badge nearly on the shoulder.. Now I haven't properly studied the blue kit as it's new but I'm pretty sure the badge isn't on the shoulder.. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Haha no it isn't on the shoulder and if you take a photo and open a dispute you should get all or most of your money back. Get back to you on that link.

mintsnake4

Haha no it isn't on the shoulder and if you take a photo and open a dispute you should get all or most of your money back. Get back to you on that link.
Ok appreciate it thanks! Just out of curiosity, how does the shirt fit? Clearly mine isn't the most reputable of venders but I noticed it also fitted like a dodgy bed sheet..so wasn't sure if that was common from this site or if I just picked the worst guy possible.

zeekey

Ok appreciate it thanks! Just out of curiosity, how does the shirt fit? Clearly mine isn't the most reputable of venders but I noticed it also fitted like a dodgy bed sheet..so wasn't sure if that was common from this site or if I just picked the worst guy possible.
Possible you've been unlucky. The vendor I ordered from is called "football shirt" but can't seem to copy a link. I've ordered maybe 12 various shirts and they all fit fine. The new Dortmund and Barca shirts are execeptional.

m1y2

:lol: the AIG logo was just as bad, a box with the company name in a standard font inside
well at least it's a one colour version of logo not this disgusting gradients in a cheap logo, simple white version would look so much better but we had a long debate about it earlier

klayton88

I always buy one legit shirt and the other two from aliexpress. Last season I got a legit home shirt and the away and thirds fakes along with the Madrid away. I was really happy with the quality of all three of them. It is a gamble worth taking for around £10 and if you are just going to wear them around the house or playing five aside. I did bang some pictures up of them all last season on the newbie forum but the links have died. I'll get some pictures up in the next few weeks when I order.

Some notes that may help...

• I ordered my usual size and they were all fine but I'm sure sizes will differ from vendor to vendor.
  • Vendors tend to close shop and move fairly often so if you do find a vendor then I'd get your order put in before it's gone again.
  • If given the option of printing and it' a big deal to you, skip it. The one minor let down for me was the basic lettering and numbering, if you want the official Prem/MUFC lettering or even the CL font then just order blank and have printing done here at JD/Sports Direct etc.
  • If delivery states x amount of weeks then expect it to be that. All three of mine last season (ordered separate) came at the arse end of the advertised delivery time.
Hope this helps. I'll get pics up when I order and they arrive.

CafMods - If the whole fake kit thing has it's own thread or this is going too far away from the threads intention then please move/delete!

BigTimeCharlie

I don't understand why the shirt has gone to £65. It even has a sticker on it saying 100% recycled I think from polystyrene which should make the shirt even cheaper!

I'm sure I only paid 40 max on release day last season from sports direct. Does anyone know why the price has jumped up so much ?

Andy_Cole

I don't understand why the shirt has gone to £65. It even has a sticker on it saying 100% recycled I think from polystyrene which should make the shirt even cheaper!

I'm sure I only paid 40 max on release day last season from sports direct. Does anyone know why the price has jumped up so much ?
United website/ megastore is always more expensive. But don't think it was £40 last season! Probably £55.

BigTimeCharlie

United website/ megastore is always more expensive. But don't think it was £40 last season! Probably £55.
I popped into sports direct today, they were selling at 50+ quid, I think it was 54.99 rrp 64.99. What is the world coming too, last season I'm sure it was £40 from sports direct.

Silverman

At least it was all white so it fit in with the style.
well at least it's a one colour version of logo not this disgusting gradients in a cheap logo, simple white version would look so much better but we had a long debate about it earlier
Agree. I haven't bought one kit since Chevrolet took over, this years home one looks decent but the gold crap completely ruins it. Probably won't buy it this year either.

Artimities

I like it... My favorite recently was the white jersey a few years ago with the red trim... I think it was the 3rd jersey maybe???? With the collar versions.

Not too sure on the blue one... Have to get s better look.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That should of been the colours for last seasons third kit instead of that awfull neon orange crap.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If you can get that in short sleeve I'm getting it.

zeekey

I'd like that link please to if you still have it.
@shanem2074 asked me for it too. What I've said is when I try to get on the sellers page through my account it just comes up with a page error message. I've sent a direct message to the seller. If and when they reply with any details I'll post it up and let you know.

Stu1975

I only realised yesterday that the home kit isn't two shades on the back.....not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Wait, are those scales on the white kit going to be shiny/reflective instead of matte? The ones on Neuer's kit seem to be.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Maybe, if you look at the GK kit a few posts above, it is the same as Neuers too
Ah, the pattern is different. As things stand anyway. False alarm.

Still think they screwed up a quite clean kit.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Keeper kit is sweet. Red one has grown on me.

I wonder how much we'd have lost if we demanded we wanted just the outline of the Chevy logo, or even better just the text? They'd sell at least ten more shirts if they did that.

If it was all the same shade of red I would love it, I just can't help but feel it looks like a stupid half/half shirt. Will probably get the away shirt and leave it at that.
I like the darker red. Think it's classy. We should go with that on future shirts.

Uniquim

I like it... My favorite recently was the white jersey a few years ago with the red trim... I think it was the 3rd jersey maybe???? With the collar versions.

Not too sure on the blue one... Have to get s better look.

Do you mean this one? It was away kit in 2012-13, and third kit in 2013-14.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Nike did have some daft kits, but they also managed some classics. That one, and the black with the red racing stripe down the back come to mind.