Manchester United Kits 2017/18

GiddyUp

The short sleeved navy jersey worn by Sergio Romero needs to be released immediately and before Christmas.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The short sleeved navy jersey worn by Sergio Romero needs to be released immediately and before Christmas.
Can't see them releasing that at all, they haven't for the past few years he has been here.

Your best bet is checking jersey777.

red thru&thru

If the club were to sell their shirts without the sponsors, we would not get as much money from the sponsors.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If the club were to sell their shirts without the sponsors, we would not get as much money from the sponsors.
There might be a small reduction but I'd think they pay for having the shirts shown worldwide on a united player more than an average fan getting the brand on their shirts.

red thru&thru

There might be a small reduction but I'd think they pay for having the shirts shown worldwide on a united player more than an average fan getting the brand on their shirts.
But it's also about showing the brand to the people who don't watch football. They know having their brand on shirts that people wear daily, will be exposed to those who don't tune into football. That is a massive appeal to any sponsors.

Player Red

The Blue goalkeeper kit DDG was wearing against Southampton (I think), is that available to buy anywhere?

Player Red

Cheers but that wasn't it. It was a pale blue with darker blue stripes on the shoulders I think. Must look for a picture. It isn't on the Official shop or Adidas website.

Edit: From DDG's instagram

I guess he had to use this because our two options in nets are green and dark navy. Can't use green because Southampton Home GK is green, can't use the dark one because our kit was dark. Both our Red and Grey kits would clash. So wonder if this was pulled out of the woodwork just for this scenario.

Last edited:

Robertd0803

Cheers but that wasn't it. It was a pale blue with darker blue stripes on the shoulders I think. Must look for a picture. It isn't on the Official shop or Adidas website.

Edit: From DDG's instagram

I guess he had to use this because our two options in nets are green and dark navy. Can't use green because Southampton Home GK is green, can't use the dark one because our kit was dark. Both our Red and Grey kits would clash. So wonder if this was pulled out of the woodwork just for this scenario.
Yeah been trying to figure this out as well.

bonusroller

I did see one of those 3rd GK jerseys on ebay but it was from Thailand and the seller was looking for big money for it. It could be that they are set to come out on the cheap jersey sites, so be careful if you do see one on ebay and it is big money.

Any news on adidas Originals?

diarm

Why would their Gk kit make a difference? Keepers kits match all the time, not like anyone is going to mix them up!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
That is not a beaut. It’s a disgusting City blue colour. Shouldn’t be anywhere near a United badge.
The channel I watched the game on was missing the red color channel so his kit looked lavender. I kind of liked it even if it's a bit feminine.

diarm

What if the keeper goes up for a corner?
He goes up and attempts to score. Usually he makes an eijit of himself before having to leg it back at 100mph before he's lobbed on the counter.

It's hardly as if one of the opposition is going to accidentally attempt a pass back to him.

Gopher Brown

He goes up and attempts to score. Usually he makes an eijit of himself before having to leg it back at 100mph before he's lobbed on the counter.

It's hardly as if one of the opposition is going to accidentally attempt a pass back to him.
I'm not saying it matters if they wear the same coloured kit, but that is feasibly a scenario where they could get mixed up.

decorativeed

Why would their Gk kit make a difference? Keepers kits match all the time, not like anyone is going to mix them up!
I'd like to see you find a Premier League game in the last 5 years where the keepers are wearing the same colour shirts.