Manchester United Kits 2017/18

will7285

Our 3rd kit is just a mess. One of the worst if not worst kit I've seen from us.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
New pictures of the third kit. It looks much lighter in colour than previous pictures and is not as shiny. Shorts are also white, and not grey as I had previously written. Quite a mess in my opinion.

Adidas' revenge for 6th place.

Prodigy24

I seriously hope that's the last time they decide to let fans 'design' kits. Why they chose this design is a mystery though. I'm sure that there was better entries in that contest. In contrast, look at Milan's new third kit, also designed by a fan from the same competition:

Devil81

New pictures of the third kit. It looks much lighter in colour than previous pictures and is not as shiny. Shorts are also white, and not grey as I had previously written. Quite a mess in my opinion.

That for me is the worst kit we've ever had...

Red Devil Rising

Surprised Adidas signed off that third kit considering how difficult their logo is to make out on it.

That kit is among the very worst I've ever seen us wear. Surely designed by a fecking kopite to take the piss. Incredible to think there's someone out there getting paid vast amounts for coming up with that shit.

C3Pique

Probably wouldn't look too bad with contrasting / dark grey shorts but with white it's a mess. Looks like a faded PE kit scraped together from the lost property bin with oversize comedy boxer shorts.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I seriously hope that's the last time they decide to let fans 'design' kits. Why they chose this design is a mystery though. I'm sure that there was better entries in that contest. In contrast, look at Milan's new third kit, also designed by a fan from the same competition:

How can that pass as a third kit? If they can wear that, surely they'd be able to wear their home kit...

van Nistelrooy

Surely our third kit should feature dark grey shorts? White looks absolutely terrible. Although, at least it will distract everyone from the hideous shirt itself.

You can't blame the fans for designing this. Adidas had the final say on the design and it is them who insisted on a grey kit after all. I hope the sales figures of this shirt reflect how bad it actually is.

pascell

Only people we can blame are our fellow fans that submitted hopeless designs. Yes it was a good laugh seeing Moyes' face on the shirt etc when people were messing about, but what did everyone expect?

I know the colour template given wasn't great but surely someone could have come up with a solid design instead of this monstrosity. To think we'll be lining up in that kit next season is embarrassing.

Red Rom

How can that pass as a third kit? If they can wear that, surely they'd be able to wear their home kit...
I thought the same thing. The only team I've seen That work well with is Dortmund, but then again, there isn't exactly an abundance of yellow teams.

Vida5Nick

NFP
That third kit is seriously the worst disaster i've ever seen in modern football.

Whoever greenlighted or picked that needs to be fired. Its fine as a seperate casual shirt from the united range as a tribute but as a third kit..

Utter w*nk.

Ban

I hope we won't see much of 3rd kit. In which games can we wear it?

It looks incredibly cheap.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The black kit looks like it's made from rubber on telly. Not our best black kit.

MadMike

I agree with the criticism of the 3rd kit. It's an absolute mess, one of the worst ever. Nothing is discernible on it; not the sponsor, not the badge, not the background.

At this stage, I just hope they scrap it and just stick the Chevvy logo on the training kit (pick below) and call it the new 3rd kit.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not too mad on the new black shirt. The one from two seasons ago has a similar pattern on the front and orange Adidas stripes which looks much better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I agree with the criticism of the 3rd kit. It's an absolute mess, one of the worst ever. Nothing is discernible on it; not the sponsor, not the badge, not the background.

At this stage, I just hope they scrap it and just stick the Chevvy logo on the training kit (pick below) and call it the new 3rd kit.

Misread this as being our 3rd kit! Cripes, this is actually much better than the 3rd kit!

What were they even thinking with grey after all that fuss and embarrassment the last time we wore grey!
Hope the once or twice it gets wheeled out we don't see the same.

MadMike

Misread this as being our 3rd kit! Cripes, this is actually much better than the 3rd kit!

What were they even thinking with grey after all that fuss and embarrassment the last time we wore grey!
Hope the once or twice it gets wheeled out we don't see the same.
I'm a little bit confused as to which kit you're referring to when you say this or that. Both of them are grey anyway and the training kit actually looks like it suits the socks and shorts of the 3rd kit anyway.

Prodigy24

The third kit is supposedly getting released this friday. Will be interesting to see how it looks on the players, and how Adidas will try to promote it. I'm really looking forward to their bullshit excuse for that mess.

izec

Some of you need to clam down, it is a fecking kit. You would think someone would force you to wear it for 2 years every day.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm a little bit confused as to which kit you're referring to when you say this or that. Both of them are grey anyway and the training kit actually looks like it suits the socks and shorts of the 3rd kit anyway.
The training kit looks a little bit more dignified and as if it's actually been designed by one person. The 3rd kit looks like a range of people have got involved with different bits, and the whole thing is just a real mess.

Bournemouth away aint gonna be pretty

dove

Some of you need to clam down, it is a fecking kit. You would think someone would force you to wear it for 2 years every day.
This. Who cares about the 3rd kit, we are gonna wear it like 2-3 times only anyway.

Prodigy24

Isn't the 3rd kit the CL away kit? So we'll wear it a lot since we're gonna win the ol' big ears next June.
Yes. It's been like that ever since Adidas took over. We wore our third kit (black and orange) in the CL in 15/16 as an away kit, same thing last season in the EL. Only way we'll wear the black away kit this season is if our home and third clashes with the opponents kits.

Nike have also been doing this with their top teams since a couple of years ago. I guess that it's a way to promote the third kits more since they are barely getting used by the clubs.