Manchester United Kits 2018/2019

El-Manos

Yeah pink looks nice if the design is good. Unfortunately ours looks horrendous and the shade of pink is awful.
Ya that’s my fear too:( why can’t they just design a proper kit! I bought both the home & away Belgium jersey. That will do me this year I suppose:nervous:

Rockets Redglare

I’ve got the third kit this year, I think it’s absolutely class. Not keen on the home or away though.
Ya that’s my fear too:( why can’t they just design a proper kit! I bought both the home & away Belgium jersey. That will do me this year I suppose:nervous:
I’ve got the navy and gold third kit, I think it looks great. Not a fan of this home or away though.

izec

Why do people buy our kits ever year? I bought one years ago and still dont see the need to upgarde or buy another. Not saying how people should spend their money, but i think wearing kits is limited to sports activities/going to games or maybe a lazy day at home with the children/family.

youngrell

Did I just read for the shirt alone it’s £110!! Are they having a fecking laugh. Never mind the design, but that is robbery. I haven’t bought a top for a while and if that is the cost of them now a days I won’t be buying any in the future. How much are the kids top? Feel sorry for the parents like.
Adult shirt is £64.99 in SportsDirect. Kids is £44.99.

That won't stop the papers reporting this mythical sky high price that parents HAVE to pay, though...
Looks to me like there's two versions – a normal replica which is £65 and an 'authentic' replica which is £110 :nono: ridiculous.

MrPooni

Just seen the kit on Pogba, Matic and Lukaku (supposedly) on MUST FB … such obvious fakes that I really hope they are WUMs.

Doesn't change the fact that; while every other club has manufacturers (including Adidas) creating exciting, tight fitting, sportswear with design ornaments that make the wearer look more formidable (accentuated sides to make players look trimmer and chest banding to make players look more ripped) our new design manages to look loose fitting and the shadow under the belly makes our players look pregnant????

Really suspicious about these (look at the lighting and the left arm sleeve esp. on Lukaku)
Hands down the weirdest post I've ever seen on the Caf.

Minimalist

It's a really poor design no matter if it blends from a distance (when watching from the stands or on TV).

Chalk it up as one of the 'bad ones'.

The Red Thinker

Yeah... it's not great, but I bet it will look better once the players are fully fitted out on the pitch. Visually, red and black can't outdo red and white. They'd have had to change the red but that would have been tricky. Adidas could have done better tbh.

Andersons Dietician

Looks to me like there's two versions – a normal replica which is £65 and an 'authentic' replica which is £110 :nono: ridiculous.
I’m guessing the difference will be the sleeve sponsor, premier league badges and probably a name on the shirt. That’s where the extra £45 comes from but still absolute bollox. I mean I used to bu the the top and would only wear it game day or if I was playing football. That was it.

littlepeasoup

I’m guessing the difference will be the sleeve sponsor, premier league badges and probably a name on the shirt. That’s where the extra £45 comes from but still absolute bollox. I mean I used to bu the the top and would only wear it game day or if I was playing football. That was it.
I think the 'authentic' kit is like the one the players actually wear match days; made of different materials, sewn in different ways and the badges/logos etc are better quality. Sleeve sponsor, prem badges and numbers would still be extra on top of that.

youngrell

Actually not, mate. The 'authentic' one looks to be slightly better quality (more like the players match shirt) and that price is before any printing is added. You can see the difference at the bottom of the shirt, it's rounded instead of straight.

You could be looking at close to £150 for that shirt with printing :nervous:

Andersons Dietician

I think the 'authentic' kit is like the one the players actually wear match days; made of different materials, sewn in different ways and the badges/logos etc are better quality. Sleeve sponsor, prem badges and numbers would still be extra on top of that.
I’m not sure the material would be different. If that’s the case you might as well buy a knock off version. Also do you get different gradients of recycled bottles as isn’t that what it’s made from. Don’t really know.

littlepeasoup

I’m not sure the material would be different. If that’s the case you might as well buy a knock off version. Also do you get different gradients of recycled bottles as isn’t that what it’s made from. Don’t really know.
https://www.soccer.com/guide/authentic-vs-replica-do-you-know-the-difference

Here's a breakdown of how replicas are different to authentic shirts. Definitely made from different materials in some cases to lower costs. Not sure what the Parley ones are like between the two though.

RedDevil@84

From the pics online, the Pink kit doesn't seem to be that good. Probably need a deeper shade of pink.

JB7

It's not an "authentic replica", it's simply an "authentic" shirt, exactly as the players would wear.

I don't really get the outcry about the £100 price tag to be honest, 99.9999% of people will buy the replica for £60, no different to the last 5 years or so. Very few people will need to buy the authentic shirt.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Just seen the kit on Pogba, Matic and Lukaku (supposedly) on MUST FB … such obvious fakes that I really hope they are WUMs.

Doesn't change the fact that; while every other club has manufacturers (including Adidas) creating exciting, tight fitting, sportswear with design ornaments that make the wearer look more formidable (accentuated sides to make players look trimmer and chest banding to make players look more ripped) our new design manages to look loose fitting and the shadow under the belly makes our players look pregnant????

Really suspicious about these (look at the lighting and the left arm sleeve esp. on Lukaku)
:lol:

Loublaze

ATLien
Adult shirt is £64.99 in SportsDirect. Kids is £44.99.

That won't stop the papers reporting this mythical sky high price that parents HAVE to pay, though...
That would make it about 85.50 dollars US but when I check the site its $97.49! Is that a UK sale price maybe? Funny enough the Alexis, Pogba and Lukaku shirts are going for $89.99. On United direct those are around $124.99

littlepeasoup

The shirts they're wearing are the 'replica' shirts, not the ones they'll wear playing, which are designed to be more form fitting. But you're right, I'll not be happy either until the United shirt has outlined six-packs and dots for nipples too. :wenger:

RedDevil@84

That would make it about 85.50 dollars US but when I check the site its $97.49! Is that a UK sale price maybe? Funny enough the Alexis, Pogba and Lukaku shirts are going for $89.99. On United direct those are around $124.99
The shirts are on sale for $80.99 on Utd UK store. But they have an additional shipping charge of $9 to ship to US. If you are buying couple of jerseys, probably you save 9 or 10$ on a whole.

With PL and Kohler (US Store)
http://us.store.manutd.com/Manchest...ster_United_2018_19_Home_Replica_Patch_Jersey

Without PL and Kohler (US store)
http://us.store.manutd.com/Manchest...Manchester_United_2018_19_Home_Replica_Jersey

From Utd direct, free Kohler logo if needed
http://store.manutd.com/stores/manu...8-19/225110?categories=football-kits,home-kit

youngrell

It's not an "authentic replica", it's simply an "authentic" shirt, exactly as the players would wear.

I don't really get the outcry about the £100 price tag to be honest, 99.9999% of people will buy the replica for £60, no different to the last 5 years or so. Very few people will need to buy the authentic shirt.
£60 is still a rip off IMO, but I know it's been that way for a while.

I don't think they should offer two different types either, it's either ripping people off or cheapening the shirt depending on which way you prefer to look at it.

Loublaze

ATLien
The shirts are on sale for $80.99 on Utd UK store. But they have an additional shipping charge of $9 to ship to US. If you are buying couple of jerseys, probably you save 9 or 10$ on a whole.

With PL and Kohler (US Store)
http://us.store.manutd.com/Manchest...ster_United_2018_19_Home_Replica_Patch_Jersey

Without PL and Kohler (US store)
http://us.store.manutd.com/Manchest...Manchester_United_2018_19_Home_Replica_Jersey

From Utd direct, free Kohler logo if needed
http://store.manutd.com/stores/manu...8-19/225110?categories=football-kits,home-kit
Thank you. I saw the first two options on united direct. I don't need the Kohler logo so i'll probably get the shirt with the free shipping option.

youngrell

As for the design, I'm not a huge fan of the shirt as a stand alone piece, but even more disappointed with the shorts and socks moving away from the club's usual colours.

Cpt Negative

For anyone wanting to order this. Sports direct have 20% off if you order through the app (midnight expiry)

Oddly enough the ones with names and numbers are cheaper than the standard shirt.

Alexis 7 coming out at £48 after discount

Prodigy24

I'm actually starting to like it now after seeing the shirt on the players. The replica version is still crap though, the black part of the shirt is blended with the red, creating a weird brownish colour instead. The authentic version looks really nice though, proper black.

Will take a while to get used to it, especially to wearing black shorts at Old Trafford.

MrPooni

I'm actually starting to like it now after seeing the shirt on the players. The replica version is still crap though, the black part of the shirt is blended with the red, creating a weird brownish colour instead. The authentic version looks really nice though, proper black.

Will take a while to get used to it, especially to wearing black shorts at Old Trafford.
???

All the promotional material you're referring to has the players wearing the replica version of the shirt.

Prodigy24

???

All the promotional material you're referring to has the players wearing the replica version of the shirt.
Ah yes, that didn't make much sense. It looks good on the players, but when comparing both versions the authentic is much better is what I meant.

C3Pique

The horizontal lines around the middle make the wearer look like a weeble.

At least our players will be harder to knock off the ball.

alsabi

So, I assume we will not be wearing white shorts/socks at home in the CL? Same kit for PL and CL?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I've loved black shorts ever since 2003/2004 ones. Only positive there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Couldn’t care less personally. Never been outraged by one of our kits. Only so many ways you can make a red shirt!

jmaggio

I literally went on my phone , coloured some red over that horrendous gradient and the kit looks fine. Who the feck at Adidas, getting paid top dollar, thought that would look good, and then who approved it ?!?!