Manchester United - Real Madrid (Super Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonçalo Motta

The way I see this, we are gonna get schooled.

Their current core players won 2 ECL in a row while we are still in a transition phase. We have a few roles that we have to focus in this market but even if we get what we need, the squad isn't gonna have the same synergy that RM's squad has right now. Its not even about the quality of the team or players.

RM just gangbanged Juventus and Bayern in the ECL and imo they are a better side than us right now.
Even if we take Ronaldo out of the equation, their team quality is just unbelievebly good.

Hard to bet against Mourinho tho, he has a tendency to get results even when he is the underdog

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Their current core players won 2 ECL in a row while we are still in a transition phase. We have a few roles that we have to focus in this market but even if we get what we need, the squad isn't gonna have the same synergy that RM's squad has right now. Its not even about the quality of the team or players.

RM just gangbanged Juventus and Bayern in the ECL and imo they are a better side than us right now.
Even if we take Ronaldo out of the equation, their team quality is just unbelievebly good.

Hard to bet against Mourinho tho, he has a tendency to get results even when he is the underdog
Calm down mate, it's months away and we will have a different team by then. Also, it's nothing more than a glorified friendly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

They also lost to Celta Vigo? Its a one off game. Some people talk as though we are Oldham.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
8 August @ Phillip II Arena, Skopje (33k capacity)

Surely the biggest SC ever? Cristiano and Jose vs former clubs. Possibly even DDG and Bale too?
Eh, not really...

If we'd won the treble than yah, it would've been huge for the chance of tying barcelona's 6 trophies in a year

As it is, it's a glorified friendly(which we'll be happy to win, but still)

Btw, unlikely cristiano will play, with confederations cup and all...

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Calm down mate, it's months away and we will have a different team by then. Also, it's nothing more than a glorified friendly.
Really? Just because we might not win it doesnt mean its a "friendly". I am sure you considered the Charity Shield a "trophy" and told everyone you were happy United won three trophies rather than two trophies this year. The Super Cup is definitely a bigger trophy than the Charity Shield.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

In General I would agree but:

1) Both Teams will look different to last season.
2) Games in August are always hard to predict as Teams are still in preparation.
3) I think our style of Play does not suit Real that much. In case we decide to try and really take them on we will get a proper beating though.

My prediction is 2:1 for Real.

SirScholes

In General I would agree but:

1) Both Teams will look different to last season.
2) Games in August are always hard to predict as Teams are still in preparation.
3) I think our style of Play does not suit Real that much. In case we decide to try and really take them on we will get a proper beating though.

My prediction is 2:1 for Real.
@Gonçalo Motta is right to be fair, if real decide to dick on us they will.
They are a far superior team even with if we do sign Fabinho persic morata etc. Non of those players would make their starting 11 infact non of ours would except Dave maybe Pogs.

That's not a bad thing tho, doesn't mean we are crap just not as good as the best team in the world right now

Gonçalo Motta

Some people here really underplay the importance of winning silverware and this trophy. Its not like winning the SC its the aim of the season but neverthless winning it vs the back to back CL Champions could really help set the tone for the next season.

Its not the about the value of the trophy itself but the moral impact of winning it vs the best team in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: jojojo

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Talent wise, I would say Burnley are closer to us than United are to Real right now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Apologies if it's been covered already but any truth that Ronaldo won't be available for this game?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I dont think we will. We will be tighter than Juve and Bayern were.

RedFish

Eh, not really...

If we'd won the treble than yah, it would've been huge for the chance of tying barcelona's 6 trophies in a year

As it is, it's a glorified friendly(which we'll be happy to win, but still)

Btw, unlikely cristiano will play, with confederations cup and all.
^

Apologies if it's been covered already but any truth that Ronaldo won't be available for this game?

Oscie

It's an exhibition match. Nice to be in and it'd be nice to win but there's a reason why 'Yes! We're in the Super Cup!' isn't the overwhelming sense of joy when Madrid won the CL earlier on this month. People who a month ago wouldn't have even passed comment on the match now lining it up as akin to the World Cup final because they can doom-monger over our prospects.

Surprised we're not being told that our failure to reach the Community Shield is the greatest damning indictment in the history of sport.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
That 8,000 allocation will be snatched up by season ticket holders on a priority basis. I highly doubt you'll be able to get one through Utd membership only.
Utd ballot is currently taking place and apparently only 4000 or so applied.

Dependant on actual allocation which should be more than 4000 then everyone who applied including members will get a ticket.

Thomas Cook day trip is £520.:houllier::houllier:

Hope those that took my advice are sorted.:)

Last edited:

Thomas A.Anderson

Guys, help please.

So, I got a ticket fot the match! I received email earlier that my application has been succesful.

BUT

"The cost of your ticket is £14 however we have been unable to take payment from the card details provided in the original application. Your ticket will remain in reserve until 8pm Monday 26th June so please call 0161 868 8000 (selecting option 1 and then option 4) to make payment."

I called this number and nothing, just rings. :confused:

I'm from Croatia if this means something.

Motorman

Guys, help please.

So, I got a ticket fot the match! I received email earlier that my application has been succesful.

BUT

"The cost of your ticket is £14 however we have been unable to take payment from the card details provided in the original application. Your ticket will remain in reserve until 8pm Monday 26th June so please call 0161 868 8000 (selecting option 1 and then option 4) to make payment."

I called this number and nothing, just rings. :confused:

I'm from Croatia if this means something.
Have you typed in the UK dialling code before entering the number? 0161 is a Manchester number.

Enter +44 before.

I.e. 441618688000

Thomas A.Anderson

Not meaning to be sarcastic but just checking when you dialed the number you did remember to remove the 0 in 0161?

So the exact number you have to dial is what @LeeFunK mentioned in his post.
Of course I didn't. :D

I figured out this earlier, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a gigantic dumbass.

In my defence, I was pretty excited and half drunk yesterday.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
Of course I didn't. :D

I figured out this earlier, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a gigantic dumbass.

In my defence, I was pretty excited and half drunk yesterday.
:lol:
On a side note, you are lucky they've reserved it for you. If it was an oversubscribed ballot they would have just reallocated your ticket to someone else in the ballot.

Thomas A.Anderson

:lol:
On a side note, you are lucky they've reserved it for you. If it was an oversubscribed ballot they would have just reallocated your ticket to someone else in the ballot.
Thanks, didn't know that. Lesson learned.

Something is wrong with my Maestro card for some reason when I try to pay for United merchandise also. I tried that before and it didn't work. It works for everything else. Luckily, I have Mastercard also, so that saved me.

Kidders

Utd ballot is currently taking place and apparently only 4000 or so applied.

Dependant on actual allocation which should be more than 4000 then everyone who applied including members will get a ticket.

Thomas Cook day trip is £520.:houllier::houllier:

Hope those that took my advice are sorted.:)
I've looked at a few travel options and just getting there is NOT cheap, throw in an overnight stay and it's petty steep for what is effectively a glorified friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.