Manchester United - Real Madrid (Super Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MullerUtd

I'll be travelling Thailand for this match. How good is their internet over there? I'll try stream it some how! :lol:
I travel to Thailand every month for business and the internet there is relatively fast, they have probably the second fastest internet speed in South-East Asia after Singapore. But instead of watching it online, I'd recommend you to catch the match at pubs instead. The atmosphere is better than watching alone on your laptop/phone. There's a huge expat community there and the food and drinks are pretty cheap. Man Utd is already a house-hold name in Thailand and the Thais love Man Utd and follow the EPL closely, so there's a large number of fanatical Man Utd fans at every part of the country. Where would you be staying? If you are staying at the lower Sukhumvit, just go to any pubs at Nana, if you're going to the higher end of Sukhumvit, you can go Thong Lor or Ekkamai. Pretty much anywhere in Thailand has football pubs.

Trizy

I travel to Thailand every month for business and the internet there is relatively fast, they have probably the second fastest internet speed in South-East Asia after Singapore. But instead of watching it online, I'd recommend you to catch the match at pubs instead. The atmosphere is better than watching alone on your laptop/phone. There's a huge expat community there and the food and drinks are pretty cheap. Man Utd is already a house-hold name in Thailand and the Thais love Man Utd and follow the EPL closely, so there's a large number of fanatical Man Utd fans at every part of the country. Where would you be staying? If you are staying at the lower Sukhumvit, just go to any pubs at Nana, if you're going to the higher end of Sukhumvit, you can go Thong Lor or Ekkamai. Pretty much anywhere in Thailand has football pubs.
Thanks for the info. I was asking about internet/streaming because the last place I thought I would find a match would be a local pub. Didn't realize how big Man Utd is in Thailand. In the 8th of August I'll be spending my last day in Bangkok so I'll try find a place near my hotel!

Btw you travel from the UK to Thailand monthly? :eek:

MullerUtd

Thanks for the info. I was asking about internet/streaming because the last place I thought I would find a match would be a local pub. Didn't realize how big Man Utd is in Thailand. In the 8th of August I'll be spending my last day in Bangkok so I'll try find a place near my hotel!

Btw you travel from the UK to Thailand monthly? :eek:
Internet/streaming is probably the last thing you should do in Thailand! You would have no time for that, there's so much things to do. Ask anyone in Thailand about Man Utd and they would know, I was surprised about this when I first came here too. There's a **** following here on Man Utd, most of their football clubs in the Thai Premier League also name their club United. Bangkok United, Muangthong United. I fly every month as I recently expanded my business to Thailand and Singapore and soon Vietnam so I'm going to be pretty much based in South-East Asia these days. Weather here is hot all year round and cost of living is so much cheaper (except for Singapore) as compared to the UK. What I love about Thailand is that you can live on literally any budget and still have a comfortable life. You are gonna have a blast there mate. If I'm around town, I'll let you know and we can catch up to watch the match.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Guys, I have a question about tickets. I received my tickets (two of them) today and I am wondering is it possible to sell one or take other 'guest' with me? Both tickets have my name on them and my brother probably won't go (he was my 'guest' in application process) and now I am wondering can anyone else use second ticket?

I thought his name will be on one of them, but they are both on me and that's why I am a bit confused now. I hope someone will have some answers, thanks in advance. :)
Did you get an answer? If not maybe you could start a thread where more people will see you.

Pat Evra

Did you get an answer? If not maybe you could start a thread where more people will see you.
I did. I sent an e-mail to UEFA and I got this answer:
All tickets have the main applicant's name on them. The main applicant must attend the match.
Personal details of guests are successfully saved and might be used to identify specific ticket holders entering the stadium.
Any person identified as not being a guest of the main applicant will be denied access to the stadium.
I think the key word here is might. Maybe someone with more experience with UEFA games can tell us more about this. :)

Ajax Treesdown

Guys, I have a question about tickets. I received my tickets (two of them) today and I am wondering is it possible to sell one or take other 'guest' with me? Both tickets have my name on them and my brother probably won't go (he was my 'guest' in application process) and now I am wondering can anyone else use second ticket?

I thought his name will be on one of them, but they are both on me and that's why I am a bit confused now. I hope someone will have some answers, thanks in advance. :)
you should be fine. I gave my mate a ticket for the Europa League final with my name on it and he got in no problem.

Oscie

The Super Cup? You sure? I can understand the ICC cup, but the Super Cup?

Yes, it's a glorified friendly, UEFA's version of the Community Shield. Winner of one competition meets the winner of another in a season-opener exhibition match. Nothing against it, it's a fun way to get the season going and it's probably the most interest they'll ever have for this game due to the participants but it's still an exhibition match for all intents and purposes.

SirAF

Ageist
Yes, it's a glorified friendly, UEFA's version of the Community Shield. Winner of one competition meets the winner of another in a season-opener exhibition match. Nothing against it, it's a fun way to get the season going and it's probably the most interest they'll ever have for this game due to the participants but it's still an exhibition match for all intents and purposes.
Still an official competition! I was fuming when we lost to fecking Zenit (still is) - it's a beautiful trophy and competition :drool:

carlosp

Doesn't matter. Still seems to count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C.

At least Liverpool are counting it. One more trophy to nail it to them in my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.

I believe Mourinho intends to win the trophy hence why we started the pre-season early. It will also do us good for the start of the PL season as it's a week before so if the lads win it, they should go into the season with their tails up.

The Community Shield will also be that week end with Chelsea and Arsenal playing.

Last edited:

Fensa#08

I did. I sent an e-mail to UEFA and I got this answer:

I think the key word here is might. Maybe someone with more experience with UEFA games can tell us more about this. :)
If you are willing to take the risk, contact me.I'm from Skopje and I got rejected.I am desperate to see them as this is once in a lifetime opportunity, as it is very difficult and for now.expensive for me to see them in england.I am willing to pay over the worth of the ticket.

Also if anyone needs help or info about Skopje or everything else can contact me

Seven Seas Sardines

If you are willing to take the risk, contact me.I'm from Skopje and I got rejected.I am desperate to see them as this is once in a lifetime opportunity, as it is very difficult and for now.expensive for me to see them in england.I am willing to pay over the worth of the ticket.

Also if anyone needs help or info about Skopje or everything else can contact me
Can't help, but I love the people of Skopje and Macedonia! :D Kanjon Matka is stunning as well - Hope you get lucky!

Oscie

If it isn't a trophy we better knock it off SAF trophy haul, because it is included in that.

So is the Charity Shield, that isn't a trophy either.

It's an exhibition match. Let's not pretend it's something it isn't.

ice-bionic red

Hope we win I've always taken the game seriously. Was devastated to lose the last 2 I watched vs Lazio & Zenit

Pat Evra

Well, you're a few days late, I am sorry. Good luck, I am sure there is more people who will try the same thing.

SirAF

Ageist
This discussion again? It is an official trophy, end of. I rank it as being pretty prestigious as well and I'm desperate to see us winning it!

Jaybomb

It's a trophy and a damn nice one too. We need to go all out and win it. More silverware for Mourinho's cabinet :drool:

De Gea
Valencia Lindelof Jones Darmian
Carrick
Herrera Pogba
Mata Lukaku Martial

Bench: Mkhi, Rashford, Lingard, Fellaini, Blind, Smalling, Romero.

ManuMou

------------Lukaku----------------
Rashford----------------Mkhi-----
-------Pogba---Herrera-----------
-------------Carrick---------------
Blind----Smalling--Lindelof---Val
-----------------DDG--------------

Lingard could start over Rashford. Mata unlikely to start over Rashford given Jose will go defensive and counter with Rashford/Lingard's pace. Jose definitely prefer Rashford to Martial as of this moment.

Other than this, pretty sure this could be the lineup, unless we sign someone new

Unfortunately, if Real play their strongest XI, on paper, the only way to win is to play Jose's classical defensive + counter, unless we sign someone which could turn the tide around. Jose will play to win, so expect this strategy again.

Key points to win
1. Back four and Carrick to maintain form
2. Pogba Herrera to outperform
3. Lukaku to maintain form
4. WF (assume Rashford Mkhi) to maintain/outperform. If they don't, Pogba will be the only one creating chances and we are very unlikely to score any goal.

All in all, as long as Def and Carrick don feck up as we soak up their attack (expect us to concede at least 1 goal), Pogba Herrera to fight strongly in the midfield, thereby distributing the ball to WF and feeding Lukaku, we hav a chance in counter.

Otherwise, we will b parking the bus with Lukaku 100 miles isolated in front being nobody.

Last edited:

Alek M

Da manic one
Looking for two tickets from fellow Reds. Maybe even one. Please! I got denied via the UEFA lottery system. I am a local but tough to find tickets locally. My 11 year daughter adores United and this would be an amazing experience for her.

Any reds with questions about Skopje and local things feel free to ask. Will try to help as much as can.

Last edited:

Brightonian

I say go conservative with the midfield, aggressive with the forwards. And gamble the result on Pogba, who is now ready for that kind of pressure.

Martial Lukaku Rashford
Pogba
Carrick Herrera
Darmian Smalling Lindelof Valencia
DDG
- Rashford and Martial should keep the full-backs very busy, easing the pressure on Darmian and Valencia.
- Carrick and Herrera between them should offer a good defensive shift.
- That front three offers every possible type of threat, across the entire width of the pitch.
- The price of all of the above is that you can't include Lingard or Miki to help put together the attacks - a lot falls on Pogba's shoulders. But he'll high up the pitch, where he should be, and relieved of doing too much defending. He's ready to step up and boss a game like this now.
- Normally I'd opt for Blind over Darmian, because I trust him. But he was incredibly disappointing against Barca, flustered and wasteful when he's normally so composed and efficient.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Why will this match be played in a 33k capacity stadium in flippin' Skopje? :confused: How'd Uefa come up with that?

Eire Red United

Our only CB options: Smalling, Lindelof, Blind, Tuanzebe.

:cool: A repeat pairing of the EL Finale sounds best.

------------------De Gea-------------
Valencia--Smalling--Blind--Darmian
Same tactics too. Let Felliani and Lukaku bate lumps out of Ramos and co.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
-----------------De Gea---------------
Valencia--Smalling--Lidelof--Darmian
-----------------Herrera----------------
-------Matic----------------Pogba------
Rashford------------------------Martial
-----------------Lukaku---------------

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
----------------De Gea---------------

Valencia-Smalling-Lindelof-Darmian

-----------------Matic-----------------

--------Herrera--------Pogba--------

Rashford-------Lukaku-------Lingard

Feel like Lingard will offer more protection to Darmian than Martial.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So is the Charity Shield, that isn't a trophy either.

It's an exhibition match. Let's not pretend it's something it isn't.
You'll only hear this from english teams. Its obviously not one of the main trophies, but its still taken seriously and something you want to win if you are part of it. Just look at the celebrations from teams like barca and Madrid when they score in it. It is in no way just an exhibition game.

Status
Not open for further replies.