Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strats

Was following that, until i saw it track to 40 degrees... probs going into Europe somewhere

EDIT - heading into the med it seems
Registered in Malta so wouldn't surprise me if its heading that way.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Has no one on here found his flight yet?? :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If you look at la Liga matches only, he has 14 yellows and 2 reds in 236 matches (19646 min) which is one card every 13.6 full matches.

As comparison in the PL, Maguire gets one card every 4.2 matches, Lindelof one card every 13.3 matches, and Bailly one card every 5.3 matches.
What does that statistic tell you? You gotta challenge people to get cards

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A-man is always like that. Put random stats for no meaning, no context, and no value to be discussed. This is just another example, these yellow cards tell nothing so I don't know why he's putting effort on the yellow card discussion, Varane still proven no bottler and a winner as he had won lot of major trophies which the opposite the guy Varane is about to replace. Anyone should be excited positively for signing Varane.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
That’s part of the fun of it.
Clutch at a straw and hang on.
If you’ve not been involved in transfer muppet flight tracking you wouldn’t understand. :annoyed:
Flight tracking is the best part. I used to love waiting by The Bridgewater Hospital back in the day waiting for signings to arrive for their medicals too!
I go to Carrington sometimes (well, as far as they let you) as my dad lives down that way anyway, but never seen any signings arrives (always see the players arriving and leaving training when driving to my dads though)

Goku1983

This is getting frustrating he must be in the country now Lindelof vs Leeds is giving me nightmares theres no way Varane can be ready

lsd

The Oracle
Have we ever had a thread where we have signed a player, but dont have a photo of him in our shirt 26 pages later...

Its like Jon Obi Mikel all over again he just used us to get a better deal and took it further than Ramos

Infra-red

He'd have to quarantine on arrival and do the tests.
I don't know where he's coming from or what his vaccination status is, but if he's flying from Spain and has been double-jabbed, then he does not have to quarantine at all.

A-man

What does that statistic tell you? You gotta challenge people to get cards
I personally don’t think it tells me much at all. Maguire found the sweet spot last season. He played on the border but don’t get a red and did t get suspended. But yes, Inguess it kind of tells you a little about style. Maguire challenge in every situation while Lindelof and Varane don’t go in to duels.
A-man is always like that. Put random stats for no meaning, no context, and no value to be discussed. This is just another example, these yellow cards tell nothing so I don't know why he's putting effort on the yellow card discussion, Varane still proven no bottler and a winner as he had won lot of major trophies which the opposite the guy Varane is about to replace. Anyone should be excited positively for signing Varane.
There are like 10 people discussing Varane’s cards and they got the wrong stats, so I filled in with correct stats. Out of the 10 people you chose to addressing me? What’s your problem?

I have followed Varanes career since he moved to Real 10 years ago. He was part of my favourite CB pair for many years and I have probably watched around 250 matches with him. You clearly don’t know what you’re taking about.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There are like 10 people discussing Varane’s cards and they got the wrong stats, so I filled in with correct stats. Out of the 10 people you chose to addressing me? What’s your problem?

I have followed Varanes career since he moved to Real 10 years ago. He was part of my favourite CB pair for many years and I have probably watched around 250 matches with him. You clearly don’t know what you’re taking about.
:rolleyes: So the comparison is unnecessary then. I thought so.

When you meant ''he was'' doesn't mean he is still right? Look, I get it A-man, just relax. I wasn't even talking about you hating him in that post anyway.

A-man

:rolleyes: So the comparison is unnecessary then. I thought so.

Oh A-man, relax. Oh by the way, when you meant ''he was'' doesn't mean he is still your favourite player right?
I put it in to context, otherwise stats are useless. I’m relaxed. But annoying how you and your pal basically follow me everywhere on the forum. Cool that you have your own “support Varane” text and don’t have a clue how he plays. Good luck with that and good bye.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I put it in to context, otherwise Städ are useless. I’m relaxed. But annoying how you and your pal basically follow me everywhere on the forum. he Cool that you have your own “support Varane” text and don’t have a clue how he plays. Good luck with that and good bye.
When I said the comparison was unnecessary is because you said that you don’t think the stats you provided even tells you much at all. You said it yourself not me.

I didn't follow you. I only came here just to checked if Varane had arrived in Manchester or no and I saw strange stats from you.

A-man

When I said the comparison was unnecessary is because you said that you don’t think the stats you provided even tells you much at all. You said it yourself not me.

I didn't follow you. I only came here just to checked if Varane had arrived in Manchester or no and I saw strange stats from you.
Not sure what you’re talking about. Plenty of people were discussing the number of cards Varane got in his career. Without you interfering, I might add. They had the wrong stats. I provided them with the correct stats and compared that with our three CBs. You interfere immediately. Can’t see how that can upset you so much. Anyways, you don’t need to reply, I’m out. Discussions with you are always pointless.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not sure what you’re talking about. Plenty of people were discussing the number of cards Varane got in his career. Without you interfering, I might add. They had the wrong stats. I provided them with the correct stats and compared that with our three CBs. You interfere immediately. Can’t see how that can upset you so much. Anyways, you don’t need to reply, I’m out. Discussions with you are always pointless.
I was talking about the comparison. I believe people only talked about Varane‘s cards, they didn’t make comparison and beside like I said before I came here to checked Varane‘s situation and it’s just coincidence on this page I saw golden quoted your strange comparison.

A-man

I was talking about the comparison. I believe people only talked about Varane‘s cards, they didn’t make comparison and beside like I said before I came here to checked Varane‘s situation and it’s just coincidence on this page I saw golden quoted your strange comparison.
How is that a strange comparison? Another person compared with Rio, I compared with our own players. How is that strange? You are strange.

A-man

Because it doesn’t tell much at all to the audience who actually looking at it and even you admit it.
No personally it doesn’t tell me much extra from what I already knew from watching 100s of games with those players: Varane and Lindelof don’t go in to many duels and don’t get many cards, Maguire and Bailly go in to many duels and get many cards. I knew that already. Still don’t see why you get so upset from me adding 1. the correct stats and 2. comparing it with our players. Or I know actually. , it’s because I wrote it. You didn’t care when other wrote about it or compared with other players, but you immediately respond when I wrote something. It has happened 20-3’times before and is no coincidence. Now put me on ignore if you don’t want to read what I write. Good bye.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No personally it doesn’t tell me much extra from what I already knew from watching 100s of games with those players: Varane and Lindelof don’t go in to many duels and don’t get many cards, Maguire and Bailly go in to many duels and get many cards. I knew that already. Still don’t see why you get so upset from me adding 1. the correct stats and 2. comparing it with our players. Or I know actually. , it’s because I wrote it. You didn’t care when other wrote about it or compared with other players, but you immediately respond when I wrote something. It has happened 20-3’times before and is no coincidence. Now put me on ignore if you don’t want to read what I write. Good bye.
:rolleyes: believe what you believe sir. I have given you my answer that I didn’t see the point of the comparison. I wasn’t the only one who find it odd anyway.

SprintTriathlon

I cannot believe people claiming that Shaw, Maguire and Pogba are not world class. Do you even watch the games? Okay, when returning from injuries Shaw and Pogba have had average spelllings a couple of years ago, but did you watch the games last season? And Maguire? Come on.
Varane? Fantastic.

Reactions: Penna

SprintTriathlon

One of the best defenders ever, Rune Bratseth (Werder Bremen in their prime winning European trophies and Rosenborg, Bratseth was named Norway's Golden Player – the best Norwegian footballer of the past 50 years by the Norwegian Football Association, in November 2003 ahead of Solskjær and others), said he never tackled, he just ran beside the guy, and in the end the guy had to give in.
Interestingly he named Varane during the World Cup as one that played the same way as himself.

Red4Life_#7

Assuming you're on google chrome, just right click on the pic like below:

if not on chrome, copy the URL link and go to google.com then in the top right hand corner select 'images' and click on the camera.
Thanks Mate, I'll try it out.

Rio-esque!

Wasn’t there some crazy stat about Rio not conceding a foul for some 30+ games too?

Varane watchers - how do the both compare?
Rio is his favourite player, he must have studied him thoroughly.

Its like Jon Obi Mikel all over again he just used us to get a better deal and took it further than Ramos
Found in the woods with 2 agents, loool. At least we made 8m from a player who only put the kit on once.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Because it doesn’t tell much at all to the audience who actually looking at it and even you admit it.
Speak for yourself. There's nothing "odd" or "strange" about pointing out the number of cards. It adds a context. It will be interesting to see how his playing style transfers to PL in this regard. The same goes for the comparison. Doesn't tell a whole lot yet, but it's an interesting fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carolina Red
Status
Not open for further replies.