Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
Worst defender ever - useless. We should have signed someone else instead. On top of everything, the transfer took too long - now he can't be ready for the opening match against Leeds. (Was that about right ? :)

Fooza

I still think he's using us for a bigger contract like Ramos did

lysglimt

Scout
He might be a World Cup winner and 4 time CL winner but I'm not getting excited until I see how he handles a rainy night in Stoke.
so unless we draw them in the league cup - you will never get excited ?

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Yeeeessss! Really looking forward to next season now.

ChaddyP

Still think this is a plot to get a bigger contract with Madrid in four years time

el3mel

Congrats. Hopefully he becomes a great player for us and a cornerstone of us winning major trophies again in the next few years.

Rolaholic

Murthough/Judge or whoever have really pulled a blinder here, they bought a 4x CL and WC winning rock at the back for the amount Man City spent on their bench warmer Aké last summer :lol: :drool:

Alemar

Good stuff. Now we need to strengthen RB and DM positions, as well as sell several players. So far so good

siw2007

Welcome Varane! He is a highly decorated and top class defender with plenty of experience at the highest level. Really hope he can form a great partnership with Maguire at the back, we shipped far too many goals last season and if he can help us significantly cut those down then it can create the foundations of a title challenge.

RUCK4444

Boom!! What a feckin unbelievable signing this is, I don’t think it’s sunk in with me yet, I’ve wanted this guy since before his Madrid move, never thought it would happen.

This is a proper big boy club signing, fair fecks to the club on this one, done the hard yards with the groundwork and got their man for an absolute steal. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Irwin99

Incredible signing. That's potentially a Rio-Vida partnership in terms of class.

Tee27

Who would have thought we would sign sancho and varane in the same window? If only we could sign a a DM too that would be perfect

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Our 2008 CL title was built on defense. While we played very expansive stuff in the league, relying on the incredible quality of Rio and Vida to destroy everything and VDS to save anything they didn’t. Evra was a wing back and constantly overlapped, and was often unavailable as cover.

But in the CL we saw SAF finally decide to defend first, and Evra could defend wonderfully when needed and Brown was a quality RB on the defensive side (and good enough going forward).

For me, this is more important than signing Sancho.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Still find it hard to believe we've signed Sancho and Varane, two world class players, inside a single window.

Just wow.

0le

Great news. Now let us get the hattrick of signings with a DM.

DavidDeSchmikes

According to BBC, It is understood the clubs have agreed an initial fee of £34m, which could rise to £42m with add-ons

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.