Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
On a different question...why is everyone worried?

Probably because we’ve been used by players in the past to get a better deal at their current clubs, and hearing in the last 24 hours that there are still personal terms to be agreed, over two weeks after agreeing a fee, may ring a few alarm bells.
Not sure if this is a serious post, maybe missing obvious sarcasm here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Every player, agent, lawyer, club is different. So comparing one team/player to another is irrelevant. The maths are different and each stakeholder will have a different view of the maths/value of each piece of negotiations structure.

This will include basic salary, bonuses for a range of matches, image rights for a whole host of commercial activity, options of further years, sell on values, shirt sales, number of TV appearances/interviews, time off, use of private medical facilities vs those at Carrington....there are loads of things.

I was once told that Paul Scholes contract was held up for ages because he refused to do TV interviews but it was in the SKY contract with PL clubs. That took ages to sort out, but because it was all behind the scenes no-one heard about it.

I don't know what extras need to be discussed. But clearly they do.

Ironic that isn't it, you can't get the bugger off of BT Sport these days :D

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The one player who you would say has the most items to solve is Messi and that transfer went from nothing to deal done signed in 3 days.
That would have been in the works for much longer than the three days with Messi being a free agent (so no club to negotiate with). His preference would have been a Barcelona stay but knowing realistically that it was unlikely they'd be able to afford it due to their salary cap, he and his father would have had most of the groundwork with PSG done in the background just in case.

As both countries are in the EU, there's no issue with visas. Unlike Varane he didn't need to quarantine so medical and stuff could be done right away.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
7.30pm announcement tonight i reckon
Nah mate, all the lawyers, agents, court judges, Varane's gran etc. Are involved in this deal. Not getting announced till February at least!

Jacob

That would have been in the works for much longer than the three days with Messi being a free agent (so no club to negotiate with). His preference would have been a Barcelona stay but knowing realistically that it was unlikely they'd be able to afford it due to their salary cap, he and his father would have had most of the groundwork with PSG done in the background just in case.

As both countries are in the EU, there's no issue with visas. Unlike Varane he didn't need to quarantine so medical and stuff could be done right away.
Yawn, go away with your fachts.

United bad, ABU good

romufc

Yep it might have been but I am sure United would have known about visas and the like? I remember an article I read a few weeks back where AWB said he was about to fly out for pre season to join the squad and he lost his passport and within a day the club sorted it out.

Sancho transfer dragged too if I recall.

Its just frustrating because we need both for the start of the season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My sources told me that he is, allegedly for the reveal, learning the bassoon.

The Cluck

Dwight Yorke missed the first game of the 98/99 season because Doug Ellis dug his heels in. Berbatov's transfer took until transfer deadline day in 2008 because Daniel Levy dug his heels in. Van Persie was on the bench for the first game of the 12/13 season because Wenger dug his heels in and Robin had barely trained. The world didn't end in any of those instances. It'll be fine. It's just one game. This is the transfer equivalent of an impatient 'are we there yet?! are we there yet?! are we there yet?!' car ride. I'm sure everyone is working as quickly and diligently as possible.

RedDevilRoshi

Take a closer look and relax . This one is done dealio Last bits of media and Dotting i's Crossing t's to do and then Big announcement. Would make sense to announce him tomorrow as someone said the Jersey comes out today max exposure for that , tomorrow Varane signs Max exposure for that . Leeds game Saturday. This is a business and United want their name front and centre everyday .
There is no i’s & t’s in his name though?

Jokes, I know what you were meaning!

Compton22

Do the admin team have a quota for the amount of times they have to promote the third kit? :lol:

Tony247

Probably because we’ve been used by players in the past to get a better deal at their current clubs, and hearing in the last 24 hours that there are still personal terms to be agreed, over two weeks after agreeing a fee, may ring a few alarm bells.
Nervous breakdown?

Chief123

My goodness you are clueless.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Don't we have to wait for the stock market to open before announcing...:wenger:

Adcuth

Maybe they didn't want him registered because everyone will be moaning if he didn't play. If he's registered after the deadline he gets a full week with the squad training and will be better positioned to start the next game. Possible.

Compton22

Maybe they didn't want him registered because everyone will be moaning if he didn't play. If he's registered after the deadline he gets a full week with the squad training and will be better positioned to start the next game. Possible.
I think anyone with a brain will know that Varane will not be starting on Saturday regardless. They shouldn't be too worried about idiots moaning he's not starting. Plus, the sooner he is registered the sooner we can get him integrated. Makes sense to me anyway.

Adcuth

I think anyone with a brain will know that Varane will not be starting on Saturday regardless. They shouldn't be too worried about idiots moaning he's not starting. Plus, the sooner he is registered the sooner we can get him integrated. Makes sense to me anyway.
Makes sense to a lot of people. Unfortunately sense is lost on many of our fans :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can’t see him being involved against Leeds, doesn’t he have to be registered by is it halve 12 tomorrow? Even if it does get announce tonight, he’s only gonna have one day of training which will be tomorrow.

Jaxa

It’s honestly like you toolbags care more about PR than the actual football.
Really was there a need for the toolbag comment ? Just because i expressed my opinion on the transfer not being very exciting anymore, Or do you normally get your kicks by throwing out random insults on a forum ?

Get a grip

Red Royal

Can’t see him being involved against Leeds, doesn’t he have to be registered by is it halve 12 tomorrow? Even if it does get announce tonight, he’s only gonna have one day of training which will be tomorrow.
Does a player have to be registered to train with a team? I get he is a multimillion pound asset and RM would not want him injured prior to selling, but is there any FA rule to prevent just anyone joining in?

croadyman

I had a feeling this wouldn't be announced same day as the new kit knowing how obsessed we are with social media clicks

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Really was there a need for the toolbag comment ? Just because i expressed my opinion on the transfer not being very exciting anymore, Or do you normally get your kicks by throwing out random insults on a forum ?

Get a grip
You were just crying because a transfer “isn’t exciting anymore” because it’s taken a few days longer than expected to see PR photos; I don’t think you’re in a position to be telling anyone to get a grip.

diarm

Get a grip
Yeah Rado. Get a grip man. You've lost the run of yourself here.

You could iron your shirts on some of these lads.

lsd

The Oracle

Maybe we should wait till next summer them so people can't moan about him not playing all season.

CallyRed

How would these people cope before social media and 24 hours sports news. Imagine waiting until its in the newspaper to see your man holding the club scarve above his head.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Get a grip
The ‘excitement being taken out’ of a deal isn’t really relevant. A lot of fans are too consumed with the optics of a transfer window in general. What matters more is where RV will play football for the next 5 years, and that is at United.

SirAF

Ageist

Mary had a little lamb :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.