Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Should just do a WWE and have him arrive on the pitch at the 80th minute of game 1, bodyslam Bamford and hit the ref over the head with a chair.

We might lose the match, and the player, but what a conversation after the game.

Big Andy

Bloke
I reckon the club will probably announce this at 11am or thereabouts just in time for the 1pm PL registration game week dead line. I know this works independently of each other and he can be registered without announcing but i think the club will want to milk this first as far as possible
Ole has a press conference today at 10am I think, surely it'll be asked then.

Brightonian

Should just do a WWE and have him arrive on the pitch at the 80th minute of game 1, bodyslam Bamford and hit the ref over the head with a chair.

We might lose the match, and the player, but what a conversation after the game.
Think how many crisps our snack sponsor would sell off the back of that kind of exposure.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I take it Varane won’t be in the squad tomorrow to face Leeds? Has to be registered by halve 12 doesn’t he? We agreed a deal ages ago, why have we not got him registered in time for the first game of the season?! He could be the difference between a win and a loss tomorrow.

CG1010

Actually now that we have been delayed by so much, we may as well announce him tomorrow on the pitch in front of the fans. It would be a fun thing to do!

Sylar

I take it Varane won’t be in the squad tomorrow to face Leeds? Has to be registered by halve 12 doesn’t he? We agreed a deal ages ago, why have we not got him registered in time for the first game of the season?! He could be the difference between a win and a loss tomorrow.
How do we know hes not registered?

romufc

Ole said he wants a faster start than last season. We have agreed deals with Sancho and Varane and neither will play the first league game.

Varane isn't even registered. I am told that things take time, etc etc but Messi, Grealish, Lukaku all have had deals done within a week and are bigger deals.

We are a joke of a football club.

lsd

The Oracle

There has obviously been some problem but the condensending know it alls in here have been busy berating anyone who knew something was clearly up and calling them idiots.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You have no idea if he's been registered or not.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some right drama queens in this thread.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
How come Lukaku didn’t have to quarantine? Whatever way you want to look at it it’s poor that it hasn’t been announced by now. Whatever is causing the delay should have been fixed.

Bosws87

:lol:

Incredible reading

Joke of a football club :lol:

Need to take a long look in the mirror some people

sewey89

Lemansky

Ole said he wants a faster start than last season. We have agreed deals with Sancho and Varane and neither will play the first league game.

Varane isn't even registered. I am told that things take time, etc etc but Messi, Grealish, Lukaku all have had deals done within a week and are bigger deals.

We are a joke of a football club.
You are sarcastic right? Lukaku won’t play at the weekend mate. Grealish didn’t need a VISA or quarantine. Imagine loosing your shit over this. Get a grip.

sewey89

This thread is an absolute joke. We've signed one of the best central defenders in the world and we've got folk bemoaning the club and calling them a joke, despite not knowing if the thing they're moaning about is even true or not.

romufc

You are sarcastic right? Lukaku won’t play at the weekend mate. Grealish didn’t need a VISA or quarantine. Imagine loosing your shit over this. Get a grip.
Lukaku deal only started last week mate not a month ago.

Lukaku is actually announced as a Chelsea player. I guess Lukaku coming from another country didn't need visas either.

The Red Thinker

I think this is the deal. The image rights were not settled. And with that, it becomes hard to not only use the Varane face but also the name in anything United promote. So unless that’s been settled, then you won’t hear a peep.

sewey89

I'm expecting the announcement to come today and then follow up tweets with "I'm told Varane was registered in time to potentially make his debut against Leeds tomorrow".

The deal is done. He trained yesterday and the contract is signed.

He'll probably not play tomorrow anyway, due to having to quarantine and the visa issues causing him to not have as much time with the squad as would've been liked.

Lemansky

Lukaku deal only started last week mate not a month ago.

Lukaku is actually announced as a Chelsea player. I guess Lukaku coming from another country didn't need visas either.
You are only guessing and getting agitated over your own guesses. You know nothing about the facts of each situation.

sewey89

#18 for Lukaku?! I can't believe Chelsea didn't strip Abraham of his #9 shirt and give it to him. Joke of a football club.

Am I doing it right?
No.... That only applies to United.

Chelsea have given Lukaku his first shirt number at the club. What a power move.

18, also a number worn previously by Scholes and now Bruno at United, so they're clearly poking fun at United and are the superior club. We'll be lucky to finish top 10.

Pavl3n

Apparently Shaun Wright-Phillips has come out and said:
One thing I thought Arsenal have missed is a defender like him [Ben White]. He has got an old-school mentality, but he can play football as well.
Yes, I personally do [think he will do better than Varane]. I know it's a big statement, but he's used to the Premier League and he's used to defending a lot for Brighton, week-in and week-out. Varane is coming into a whole new league and he's going to be put under immense pressure. At this very moment, I would definitely sign Ben White
Can we send Varane back before the precious tweet comes out?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
What's the difference between Varane and Sancho situation?
I think it's time for the club to clarify how things stand. Clearly twitter guys know feck all right? They've been talking about revealing sancho tomorrow for a week.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
You have no idea if he's been registered or not.
Well I’m pretty sure some kind of announcement would of been made, who registers players without a proper announcement that they’ve signed? :lol: Grealish and lukaku signed well quick for there clubs and we agreed a deal like a month ago for Varane.

Infra-red

A stupid video, a picture of him holding a United shirt and an interview with MUTV - that's all we're missing.

What I don't understand is anyone who isn't an impatient child cares even slightly about any of that.

Sylar

Well I’m pretty sure some kind of announcement would of been made, who registers players without a proper announcement that they’ve signed? :lol: Grealish and lukaku signed well quick for there clubs and we agreed a deal like a month ago for Varane.
Well United are the sort of club that would register him without announcing him yet, as they want to maximise the interactions with an announcement this big. This stuff is important, and with it comes metrics that follow

For us fans it wont matter, but for the club it will. Hence theres a possibility hes been registered, but they are waiting for a specific time to announce him, and if you go on patterns and all, it might be that announcing him on friday at 5pm beats out thursday at a random time in the morning.
Its the reality we live in.

DevTheRed

Obviously there has been a problem with the commercial side of things as to why they can’t announce it yet, none of us have a clue how complicated these things can be with sponsorships etc.

He’s apparently already been training with us, but again no images of him mostly likely due to image rights. My money is on him already being registered for the weekend, and he’ll be announced at some point today.

As for the number I couldn’t care less :rolleyes:

A-man

That's not an official registration. That's just squad lists, probably taken from each clubs 'players' section of their website.
I guess you’re right.
But also saw this, don’t know if posted before.

sewey89

We have a team assigned who will look at the best times to make such announcements to get the most engagements etc. If that isn't pre noon, then there is every chance he's been registered as our player (as the contract is signed etc and he's training with us, he is our player) but they've not put a jazzy tweet out.

We agreed a deal 17 days ago... and Grealish/Lukaku didn't have to isolate or have any Visa issues, as far as we know (in Lukaku's case)

Status
Not open for further replies.