Manchester United signs up Aperol

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
http://www.brandrepublic.com/go/new...ter-united-signs-trendy-liqueur-brand-aperol/

Manchester United has signed up fashionable Italian liqueur Aperol as its official global spirits partner.

The deal, which runs from this month until the end of the 2016/2017 season, will see Aperol branding displayed on the Old Trafford digital advertising boards during Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup home matches.
Aperol’s signature drink Aperol Spritz, the liqueur mixed with Prosecco and soda, has become a popular summer drink in recent years.
The Gruppo Campari brand will also be putting into place an activation programme in key global markets with above and below-the-line communication including on-trade, digital and PR activity, as well as launching the global Aperol Spritz Facebook page to support the sponsorship.
Additional advertising will feature in match day programmes, in the Manchester United monthly magazine ‘Inside United’, on MUTV and the club’s website. Old Trafford hospitality areas will also serve Aperol Spritz.

Bob Kunze-Concewitz, chief executive officer, Gruppo Campari, said: "This is a partnership that will deliver brand exposure on a massive scale, helping to provide Aperol, and its signature drink Aperol Spritz, with excellent levels of year-round brand exposure, consumer engagement and promotional opportunities in developed and new global markets."
To mark the partnership, former Manchester United players Denis Irwin and Peter Schmeichel performed a cocktail masterclass in Manchester.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
feck sake. When I read the title I assumed it a player. :lol:

MJLD

Can they play in a 2 man midfield, etc etc etc

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So its not that difficult to make signings in January...;)

Seriously its not a bad drink.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
yeah, the clue was in the aperol bit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yet more Caf click-bait. Cue predictable outrage.

Count Orduck

Why are people so outraged? It's a deal that means nothing except it adds more money to the coffers. If we then go and spend those millions on a talented youngster, you lot won't give a shit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Aperol's corporate rivals.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Glad to see we're making signings to improve the team :lol:

Sir A1ex

I'm not being funny, Ed, but do you really have to anounce these signings during the transfer window?

It doesn't help to dispell the feeling that it's all you're good for, and we'll enver sign another decent player again.

Sir A1ex

To mark the partnership, former Manchester United players Denis Irwin and Peter Schmeichel performed a cocktail masterclass in Manchester.
To be fair, I'm gutted to have missed this.

You know when you can't get a cocktail shaker open again, and have to bang it onthe table loads? None of that with Schmeichs around!

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I was getting worried for a sec as we had not signed a corporate deal for a few weeks now.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
I'm not being funny, Ed, but do you really have to anounce these signings during the transfer window?

It doesn't help to dispell the feeling that it's all you're good for, and we'll enver sign another decent player again.
Does he read the caf?

Kaos

Wonder if these sponsorship signings will compensate for the £30+million shortfall we'll suffer if we miss out on the CL next season for not signing anyone.