Manchester United to install safe standing area for 1,500 fans

JB7

Ridiculous that anything needs to change
In fairness there's no indication they're looking to put safe standing into there any time soon, but if they did put it in all the areas where people do stand to essentially formalise the ability for people to stand in those areas rather than the stewards just turning a blind eye, is that necessarily a bad thing?

And to be fair there are certain places where the steepness is such that the rail-seating is important for safety due to how low the seat in front is, such as Newcastle, so there change would be beneficial there if they are putting it in anyway!

Whatsername

Excuse my ignorance but what is a TRA section?
It’s the section above the players tunnel.
From what I understand you have to be a TRA member, already have a match ticket and you then enter a ballot (per match) to get into the TRA section and if you’re successful the club swaps your existing ticket for one in the TRA.
I’m not a member but I know someone who is and apparently there are signs dotted around saying that phone usage is banned in there.

TenOuttaTenHag

TRA want to return the once famous atmosphere to Old Trafford and reclaim our title as the loudest fans in England. We believe that the only way to achieve this is to introduce a culture of loud, hostile support who are able to stand and sing together with their friends and like-minded Reds.

In effect we would like to create an 'away fan' culture inside Old Trafford so that Reds can watch Utd next to their mates home one week, and away the next.

We want this culture to be long lasting and available for future generations for many years to come.

We are entirely independent from the club and all other supporters groups, trusts, fanzines and commercial organisations. To achieve our aims we make ourselves available to meet or talk with all key stakeholder groups and individuals who express a genuine interest in helping us improve the atmosphere.

Our mantra is simple: Put your phone away, stand with your mates and sing for 90 minutes.

Buzzbee

I've always called it the singing section, had no idea there was a group & system involved! I wish I could get tickets near them, I'm always up for singing and half the times I'm at OT it's well awks trying to chant and sing in a silent (well i'll be nice and call them a politely shy) section.