Manchester United to unveil new £20m-per-year training kit sponsorship with blockchain platform Tezos

Brophs

The One and Only
Big mistake from Tezos to buy the dip. We're just going to keep on falling, babyyyyyyy.

Last edited:

mavradal

Brilliant move from Tezos gotta admit, for only 20m £ this will bring a lot of legitimacy to cryptocurrencies.

Son

When the unread calls someone kiddo. Thank you for your enlightened discussion.
How does the blockchain improve your work? I work in the collectables field so I’m genuinely interested how it helps your career path.

Are you a graphic designer or programmer minting stuff on the blockchain or are you an investor and that is what you mean by “work”?

Crick

Have to say ignoring the Tezos issue, I love this new training. It should be our new home and away kit. It looks like something Bayern would have rather than the usual rubbish we have. Simple design that works well with the logo, nice colours that are complete opposites and a perfect collar. Best in years.

Member 101269

How does the blockchain improve your work? I work in the collectables field so I’m genuinely interested how it helps your career path.

Are you a graphic designer or programmer minting stuff on the blockchain or are you an investor and that is what you mean by “work”?
None of those, some of my work involves researching adoption. I'm not sure I said BC improves your work. It can change the structure of business/nature of work, e.g. enhancing efficiency in SC, increasing transparency, using BC with complementarities/IOT might reduce the need for intermediaries. It's normal for people not to have technology affinity, it's not a mature application, it takes high investment and it's complex to integrate.

There is some really interesting work by OU that was presented at the British Blockchain Association 2020. The work included using BC for a record of skills/achievements, e.g. degree, masters etc. As individuals, we'd have self-sovereignty over access, the awarding bodies retain rights to revoke. They built a system where AI would match proof of skills, held on the BC, to employment/job adverts. It'd identify skill shortages or appropriate jobs. An interesting concept if there was free movement of labour. Question I'm interested in relates to how that changes the bar for employment skills, and the ability of a firm to retain labour. If there is quicker and more specific information relating to jobs how will the bar for employment skills change? ow will that change employees behaviour? Will it increase/decrease/not change the skills bar? Will there be financial pressures on firms?

Just a sample of what is going on. Check out Ethereum Alliance, there are many companies involved.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
None of those, some of my work involves researching adoption. I'm not sure I said BC improves your work. It can change the structure of business/nature of work, e.g. enhancing efficiency in SC, increasing transparency, using BC with complementarities/IOT might reduce the need for intermediaries. It's normal for people not to have technology affinity, it's not a mature application, it takes high investment and it's complex to integrate.

There is some really interesting work by OU that was presented at the British Blockchain Association 2020. The work included using BC for a record of skills/achievements, e.g. degree, masters etc. As individuals, we'd have self-sovereignty over access, the awarding bodies retain rights to revoke. They built a system where AI would match proof of skills, held on the BC, to employment/job adverts. It'd identify skill shortages or appropriate jobs. An interesting concept if there was free movement of labour. Question I'm interested in relates to how that changes the bar for employment skills, and the ability of a firm to retain labour. If there is quicker and more specific information relating to jobs how will the bar for employment skills change? ow will that change employees behaviour? Will it increase/decrease/not change the skills bar? Will there be financial pressures on firms?

Just a sample of what is going on. Check out Ethereum Alliance, there are many companies involved.
Interesting...

Hantori12

I've been buying tezos since 30c. Staking it. Could have bought DOT at a similar price but went with the tez. It should be a top 10 coin but for whatever reason hasn't taken off. I've taken some profits at $8 but if I had of went with DOT or Link I would be retired by now.

Son

That’s interesting it has so many uses. I’ll admit so far all I have seen are those influencer scams running riot but I’m super glad it has a role in actual productivity.

I will have to read up more on the technology. I’m certainly not one of those diving in to invest in something I know very little about like some of the FOMO investors online.