Manchester United to unveil new £20m-per-year training kit sponsorship with blockchain platform Tezos

mctrials23

Come on guys, where is the misinformed outrage against anything crypto related. I am disappointed in you.

cyberman

Barca were bragging about a 19m euro training top deal only a few weeks ago and I think that wasn’t solely for the shirts anyway.
There’s so much money for sides with huge fan bases

OverratedOpinion

All games to be held in the metaverse. Old Trafford to be sold off and we all just watch the games "live" using virtual reality headsets.

Green_Red

Telos sounds like a Mexican midfielder. Is he any good? We need one of those.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who cares where the money comes from as long as it's legal? Sponsors are sponsors.

I don't see City, PSG, and Barca getting ethical over Qatar/Saudi shirt sponsors.

copen1945

This proves United are always a big draw. These financial wins should help to get the players in who will win the league.

SeanyC

20mil into the pockets of the glazers more like

CantonasChip

These lot seem to be throwing a hell of a lot of money around with sponsorships considering they’re just an environment destroying Ponzi scheme. Oh well, milk them before they sink I guess.
I would suggest you at least carry out a little research on blockchain technology. The pound is a ponzi scheme, inflation is a stealth tax on your wages and the unnecessary banking industry uses far more energy. Tezos is proof of stake, so energy usage is irrelevant, but in any event crypto mining heavily incentivises clean renewable energy.

phelans shorts

I would suggest you at least carry out a little research on blockchain technology. The pound is a ponzi scheme, inflation is a stealth tax on your wages and the unnecessary banking industry uses far more energy. Tezos is proof of stake, so energy usage is irrelevant, but in any event crypto mining heavily incentivises clean renewable energy.
Crypto is a scam. It’s just a fact.

Steve Bruce

£47m for (shirt) Teamviewer, £20m for (sleeve) Kohler, & £20 for Tezos (training kit) isn't breaking any records anymore but it's solid. Wonder if they will sort out automotive which should add another £5-10m as we haven't had one since Chevrolet. It should improve the figures for next year onwards.

It is solid, but it is also an indication that our on field lack of success is now translating into a decline in sponsorship values when looking for new ones.

macheda14

It is solid, but it is also an indication that our on field lack of success is now translating into a decline in sponsorship values when looking for new ones.
Chevrolet was an unrealistic standard - if I recall correctly the person from Chevrolet who negotiated it was soon let go. Barcelona are about to sign a 50 mill a year deal for their shirt. So we’ll still have the third biggest sponsor.

Steve Bruce

Chevrolet was an unrealistic standard - if I recall correctly the person from Chevrolet who negotiated it was soon let go. Barcelona are about to sign a 50 mill a year deal for their shirt. So we’ll still have the third biggest sponsor.
If I remember correctly our training sponsorship with DHL was significantly more as well than the 20m we're getting now.

It used to be our sponsorships where significantly higher than the rest of the league at each renewal not just Chevrolet. That's not the case now.

To be honest while the glazers are owning us, I hope the trend continues and our value starts to go down. Maybe then they'll be open to sell and we would be a more attractive proposition than we are now as we're so valuable now that billionaires worth 5b can't afford to buy us.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The logo looks like some india religious symbol, kinda looks out of place to be honest.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Agree. As much as we might want to deny it, its less valuable to be associated with a loser than a winner and for the best part of a decade we've been losers. Our off the field growth has hit a plateau and others are getting closer and closer to us.

Pound isn’t a perfect currency but it isn’t a Ponzi scheme. People can always invest in bricks and mortar or gold if they wish.

I work in IT and can tell you that blockchain technology is a real thing and for sure it’s the future of trading but that doesn’t make every single type of crypto not a scam.

Please stop spreading false information.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This proves United are always a big draw. These financial wins should help to get the players in who will win the league.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These financial wins attract agents of shit or over the hill players that get a payday from United.

The Glazers win again

How long is it for? A lot of these crypto ponzis collapse well within the duration of a sponsorship contract. Tezos has been dodgy as feck since pretty much Day 1.

Member 101269

Crypto is a scam. It’s just a fact.
you don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s got huge potential to change how we work, if you’re not reading or watching developments you may not be prepared for future work